+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not asking for police certificate

AnnaCan

Aug 16, 2019
Hello all,

I recently submitted my CEC (inland) application and was surprised that the checklist does not include a police certificate of Hong Kong, where I used to live for six years. I haven't stayed there for more than a week since I moved to Canada. The checklist does include a police certificate of China, my country of origin.

Questions:
1) Is there any mistake in my checklist?
2) Will I be asked for a police certificate for my stay in Canada? How long will that take? Can I get a Canadian police certificate upfront?

Background info: The Government of Hong Kong will not issue a police certificate without an introductory letter from an institution such as IRCC - that means, without a request for police certificate letter from IRCC, I would not be able to obtain a police certificate of Hong Kong myself. I would not be able to see the letter myself either - it was directly mailed to IRCC when I applied for a work permit two years ago.

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
1. It might be a mistake. Try refreshing the page. I have seen many people not getting placeholders sometime for PCC, sometime for education and so on.

2. It depends on CIC. Sometimes they ask & sometimes they don't. No need to get it upfront, until and unless requested by CIC.

Reactions: AnnaCan

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Generally IRCC will not ask an applicant to obtain a certificate from RCMP, IRCC take care of that directly if they require it.

Reactions: AnnaCan

AnnaCan

Aug 16, 2019
Thank you csadangi. I should have asked earlier. Was hoping that I got lucky and got away with one document that takes one month to obtain. Would you suggest that I submit a letter of explanation via webform now, or can I just wait? Is there any chance that they look at my file when I applied for work permit and check the police certificate there?

1. It might be a mistake. Try refreshing the page. I have seen many people not getting placeholders sometime for PCC, sometime for education and so on.

2. It depends on CIC. Sometimes they ask & sometimes they don't. No need to get it upfront, until and unless requested by CIC.