+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not able to link PR Card application with CIC Account

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
I have applied for the fresh (first time) PR card. I landed on 21st Jul and my Express Entry profile has been updated with the landing details. In my CIC account, there is an option to link any new application with my existing Express Entry profile.

The problem is no matter what selection I choose in the drop down and then provide corresponding information
- UCI and Application Number
- Family Name, Given Name and DoB
- UCI and Family Name

I am not able to link my application with the account. Every time I try, I get an error message saying that based on the provided information there is no such application.
I tried City of Birth as given in Passport and then as mentioned in my CoPR. All in vain. I get 5 tries to connect my application in 24 hrs and it has been 3rd day and I have consumed my today's tries as well.
Leaving the City/Town of Birth blank doesn't work as it is mandatory field and one needs to fill it up to search the application.

Can anyone please guide if this is common issue or am I missing something here?

binsin

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
I have applied for the fresh (first time) PR card. I landed on 21st Jul and my Express Entry profile has been updated with the landing details. In my CIC account, there is an option to link any new application with my existing Express Entry profile.

The problem is no matter what selection I choose in the drop down and then provide corresponding information
- UCI and Application Number
- Family Name, Given Name and DoB
- UCI and Family Name

I am not able to link my application with the account. Every time I try, I get an error message saying that based on the provided information there is no such application.
I tried City of Birth as given in Passport and then as mentioned in my CoPR. All in vain. I get 5 tries to connect my application in 24 hrs and it has been 3rd day and I have consumed my today's tries as well.
Leaving the City/Town of Birth blank doesn't work as it is mandatory field and one needs to fill it up to search the application.

Can anyone please guide if this is common issue or am I missing something here?

Hi
I am having the same issue. Did you get it solved?

Minid

May 28, 2017
Category........
I tried various combinations but not able to link it.anyone got their card even after not linking it with cic account?

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
I had the same issue with my PR card. Could never get it linked but got my PR card in mail within the processing time posted online on CIC website. Had similar problems with family members but based on the suggestion in other forum, I typed the place of birth exactly as in passport with punctuation and it worked. Not sure if you tried that.

Minid

May 28, 2017
Category........
Tried with punctuation and without punctuation but nothing is working in my case