+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not able to change Citizenship Test appointment by calling the Call Center???

fatkinglet

Dec 13, 2009
Hi,

My family member has the Citizenship Test scheduled at 3085 Glen Erin Drive, Mississauga, at 7:45am on Jan 14 2016.

We live in downtown Toronto without a car, I looked up how to get there by public transit and it would take at least 2 hours, so it is almost impossible to get there this early unless no sleeping and staying overnight.

So we called 1 888 242 2100 and hoped to have the office location/time changed (preferrablely St. Clair Avenue or Scarborough office ), but was told that we have to write a letter to make a request with reason. I asked if we can call the Mississauga office instead, but got declined.

so Is it true that we can only request change by writing letter? and is the reason above enough to request location changed?

Thanks in advance for any tips and info

Seweify

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatkinglet said:
Hi,

My family member has the Citizenship Test scheduled at 3085 Glen Erin Drive, Mississauga, at 7:45am on Jan 14 2016.

We live in downtown Toronto without a car, I looked up how to get there by public transit and it would take at least 2 hours, so it is almost impossible to get there this early unless no sleeping and staying overnight.

So we called 1 888 242 2100 and hoped to have the office location/time changed (preferrablely St. Clair Avenue or Scarborough office ), but was told that we have to write a letter to make a request with reason. I asked if we can call the Mississauga office instead, but got declined.

so Is it true that we can only request change by writing letter? and is the reason above enough to request location changed?

If I were you, I would start my TTC/Miway journey @ 6 AM to be there at the earliest possible time and save myself the hassle and waste of time of rescheduling...nobody would ever notice that you are 20 minutes late except the 50 human being queuing in line before you...but this is just me...

fatkinglet

Dec 13, 2009
Thanks for the responses.

Is there a reason why not to make change? We have considered taxi and uber, but not finanically well enough to afford the fair.

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatkinglet said:
Hi,

use coach surfing! Find a nice family who will welcome you in Mississauga the night before! People will understand!

fatkinglet

Dec 13, 2009
We decided to send the letter in for location change, as we didn't see any bad consequence for it and we are okay to wait for a few more weeks.

thanks for all response and happy holiday!

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
R u serious to change the date of exam? It's takes months and years to get it. I wish I could give you a drive even though I live nowhere close to u!

fatkinglet

Dec 13, 2009
Exports said:
R u serious to change the date of exam? It's takes months and years to get it. I wish I could give you a drive even though I live nowhere close to u!

Are you serious or is it a overstatement? Another half year waiting is fine but we don't want to wait for years...

Anyone has real experience please comment, thanks!

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
Have you ever thought ifyour "reason" will not be accepted ? then your application and your fMily application will be considered abandoned?
You had the finances to pay all the apps, am prettry sure if you put a bit of effort you will find the finances to rent a car.
The advice I can give you is DO NOT MISS YOUR TEST for a such reason.

IRO

May 14, 2015
fatkinglet said:
Hi,

Hello bud, I don't advice you change your test appointment date..... And I understand we all can be broke sometimes, if you could inbox me a proof of your test invite, I will email you the money to take a cab or rent a car to your test appointment...... Merry Christmas

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
IRO said:
Hello bud, I don't advice you change your test appointment date..... And I understand we all can be broke sometimes, if you could inbox me a proof of your test invite, I will email you the money to take a cab or rent a car to your test appointment...... Merry Christmas
So nice of you, i clicked on + NEXT TO YOUR NAME

mehtapr

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
Public transit takes some time but its not that bad from Toronto downtown. Assuming you are not far from subway line, take the train to islington station. From there take miway transit bus number 1W (good frequency) and get down at Glen Erin & Dundas intersection (its 4 min walk from there). Bus ride is max 1 hr and add the subway time (another half hr or 45 mins). Way better option in my opinion than to reschedule. Getting up one day at 5 am is not so bad :).

boshetunmai

Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31.10.2011 (Sponsor approved)
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I know the OP has already requested a reschedule, but another option for travel to Mississauga is the GO train from Union to Clarkson (about 30min), then Miway (about another 30min) from there. It would cost about $20 return and the train is way more comfortable than the subway.

We live in Muskoka and my husband's test was scheduled (with only one week notice) in Sudbury which is a 2.5 hour drive. Yes, we got up at an ungodly hour to drive there but had the advantage of the oath ceremony being done the very next day so we just stayed overnight.

anon3721

Nov 17, 2015
Babi22 said:
Have you ever thought ifyour "reason" will not be accepted ? then your application and your fMily application will be considered abandoned?
You had the finances to pay all the apps, am prettry sure if you put a bit of effort you will find the finances to rent a car.
The advice I can give you is DO NOT MISS YOUR TEST for a such reason.
Yeah I mailed a letter explaining why I couldn't come before the test itself. And my reason was not accepted. They never mailed me back or anything. Call centre said I should keep waiting. Months later I called in and my application was cancelled because they did not accept the reason. Had to reapply.

What a joyful experience it has been. A+ 10/10 would do again.