+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Northwest Territories - PNP through Employer Driven Stream (Entry-level skill)

Rutheeford

Jan 28, 2024
Hello everyone. Badly need your help!
We submitted our Northwest Territories PNP application (Entry-Skilled level, Employer Stream) last Nov. 21, 2023 and our permits will expire this Feb. 10, 2024.
My partner who is the PGWP holder (I'm the OWP) only finished a 1-yr program so his PGWP is only for a year. He started working on March 2, 2023 and only requires 6 months experience to start applying for the PNP. However, it was unfortunate that we have to evacuate mid Aug. last year due to the wildfire so it greatly affect and delayed our submission, so his employer was only able to submit it on Nov. 21, 2023, instead of around the end of Sept. or 1st week of October. We emailed the immigration office here in NT and they said they have a 10-week processing time which is till Jan. 30, 2024. They said, after that, they'll give us a Work Support Letter so we can then apply for a closed-permit specific to our current employer then.
My main concern are:
1. If we receive the approval on Jan. 30, do we need to apply first for a new Closed-Work Permit by doing it from our GCKey account, before we can apply for our PR, or can we do it at the same time?
2. If so, once we submitted the application for a new Closed-Work Permit, are we considered under implied status and still can continue to work until the decision is made?
3. Will they issue the AOR along the with Work Support Letter?
4. Can we apply for BOWP or not? If yes, how can we do that?

Thank you in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone. Badly need your help!
We submitted our Northwest Territories PNP application (Entry-Skilled level, Employer Stream) last Nov. 21, 2023 and our permits will expire this Feb. 10, 2024.
My partner who is the PGWP holder (I'm the OWP) only finished a 1-yr program so his PGWP is only for a year. He started working on March 2, 2023 and only requires 6 months experience to start applying for the PNP. However, it was unfortunate that we have to evacuate mid Aug. last year due to the wildfire so it greatly affect and delayed our submission, so his employer was only able to submit it on Nov. 21, 2023, instead of around the end of Sept. or 1st week of October. We emailed the immigration office here in NT and they said they have a 10-week processing time which is till Jan. 30, 2024. They said, after that, they'll give us a Work Support Letter so we can then apply for a closed-permit specific to our current employer then.
My main concern are:
1. If we receive the approval on Jan. 30, do we need to apply first for a new Closed-Work Permit by doing it from our GCKey account, before we can apply for our PR, or can we do it at the same time?
2. If so, once we submitted the application for a new Closed-Work Permit, are we considered under implied status and still can continue to work until the decision is made?
3. Will they issue the AOR along the with Work Support Letter?
4. Can we apply for BOWP or not? If yes, how can we do that?

Thank you in advance!
Post your question to the PNP section of the forum.

Reactions: Rutheeford