+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Northwest Territories - PNP (re-posting as my post earlier was lost)

Rutheeford

Jan 28, 2024
Hello everyone. Badly need your help!
We submitted our Northwest Territories PNP application (Entry-Skilled level, Employer Stream) last Nov. 21, 2023 and our permits will expire this Feb. 10, 2024.
My partner who is the PGWP holder (I'm the OWP) only finished a 1-yr program so his PGWP is only for a year. He started working on March 2, 2023, and only requires 6 months of experience to start applying for the PNP. However, it was unfortunate that we had to evacuate mid-Aug. last year due to the wildfire, so it greatly affected and delayed our submission, so his employer was only able to submit it on Nov. 21, 2023, instead of around the end of Sept. or 1st week of October. We emailed the immigration office here in NT and they said they have a 10-week processing time which is till Jan. 30, 2024. They said, that after that, they'll give us a Work Support Letter so we can then apply for a closed permit specific to our current employer then.
My main concerns are:
1. If we receive the approval on Jan. 30, do we need to apply first for a new Closed-Work Permit by doing it from our GCKey account, before we can apply for our PR, or can we do it at the same time?
2. If so, once we apply for a new Closed-Work Permit, are we considered under implied status and still can continue to work until the decision is made?
3. When do we receive the AOR and when to use it?
4. Can we apply for BOWP or not? When I emailed the NT Immigration Office, I was advised to apply for a Close Work Permit for our current employer, once the decision is made, and it's the same that is stated on their website, "...Once your application is approved, we may issue a work permit support letter, A work permit support letter allows approved nominees to apply for a new work permit that is closed to the nominating employer. ". How come they did not advise about applying BOWP? Are we not eligible to do it?
5. If we apply for the Close Work Permit for our current employer after the PNP application is approved, is it considered as LMIA Exempt when filling out the imm5710e form?

Thank you in advance!