+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Northeastern University Toronto Campus not on list.

Taimoor rana

Feb 17, 2020
Northeastern University Toronto Campus is not on approved DLI's list. The have a small campus, i know that. But being an American University's Campus, i thought they will make it to the list. extremely disappointed. What are their Chances in future, near Future? Need some positive News.

lolcocks

Jul 23, 2020
Northeastern University Toronto Campus is not on approved DLI's list. The have a small campus, i know that. But being an American University's Campus, i thought they will make it to the list. extremely disappointed. What are their Chances in future, near Future? Need some positive News.
Isn't Northeastern University a scam university? I don't think scam universities are going to show up on approved DLI list anytime soon. Chances are low.

Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The “campus” is in a Toronto office building so difficult to be on the list with other companies and businesse in the buildin.

Umro

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
IRCC only approved 14 colleges and Universities from Ontario. There are many reputable public Universities and colleges which are not in the list. IRCC will update the list as soon as the institutions are approved.

Umro

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
Isn't Northeastern University a scam university? I don't think scam universities are going to show up on approved DLI list anytime soon. Chances are low.
No University in Canada is scam. You can check Northeastern on IRCC website. It is a DLI Institute.

Reactions: nightshadow

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
No University in Canada is scam. You can check Northeastern on IRCC website. It is a DLI Institute.
Northeastern University is in Boston, not Toronto. If you want to attend Northeastern you should apply for an F-1 student visa for the US. Whatever "branch" they have here is a diploma mill no employer will recognize.

lolcocks

Jul 23, 2020
No, they have proper master DEGREE's. The kind of system through which they manage students, it doesn't look like a scam.
Judging by their online presence, it looks pretty much like a diploma mill. Anyway, I and primaprime have warned you about it, won't be easy to get a job if you get a degree from a diploma mill. Rest is up to you.

Reactions: Bishops2020

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It is essentially a small satellite campus which many of the US univerisites have been doing acrosss the world to make more money. That is why many of your documents will likely say Northeastern Univeristy then in small print Toronto campus. Essentially it tricks people into thinking people attended Northeastern university in the US when you attended classes in some rented office space in Toronto. Unifortuantely there are univerisities in Canada that I (and others) consider scams. That is why people on this forum always recommend large public universities and colleges.

Reactions: lolcocks

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Exactly. I don't know why people are surprised when for-profit foreign universities with sketchy rented satellite campuses and primarily online classes (before Covid19) with no reputation in Canada are not approved as a DLI.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Exactly. I don't know why people are surprised when for-profit foreign universities with sketchy rented satellite campuses and primarily online classes (before Covid19) with no reputation in Canada are not approved as a DLI.
Wouldn't say they are the lowest priority the school may not be in a position to submit applications as quickly or to coordinate with the Canadian government organization because most of their staff isn’t in Canada. Don’t think the process to approve covid plans for schools has much to do with prioritizing schools. Think there are discussions between schools and government and things have become more difficult now that we are in the second wave of covid.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
What have they said to you about this process? Have they even applied for the covid list?

They way these for profits/ diploma mills are set up it would seem unlikely they could qualify of the covid list, they really dont have the staff on the ground to accomplish this, its an office with a few rooms and either remote or a few part time teachers.

Reactions: primaprime