+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

North york or Mississauga

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rahuldost said:
so do you think my thought regarding North york is right ?
I do not know that area so I can't really say. Once you land, take a look at both areas and see for yourself which you like better. Then discuss with your wife which is the better option before you secure a place to live. I am sure you will be fine whatever you choose. Everything has pros and cons and you just have to pick the one that looks better for you.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Rahuldost said:
Thank you so much for your response and wishes leon I hear you and you have a practical approach
The main reason that I am moving my family is to find a stable base I have been on the move ever since my child was born and we change country every few years this will be her 6th move and I promised her no more moves 2 more max . in next three years
I am attracted towards the North York region as I feel it is well connected to Toronto and has better schools . so my wife would have a larger geographical coverage for Job Search as she is from the service industry so presence of Subway will keep her mobile
while I feel though Mississauga will limit her mobility but she will be more comfortable as there are loads of Indian grocery stores and cultural activity will be higher as compared to North York ( I mean Indian festivals . place of worship etc) and is comparatively cheaper . we would have to buy a car soon if we choose Mississauga. ;) so do you think my thought regarding North york is right ?
If you were to consider east of Mississauga in the Etobicoke area you will find that it is serviced by the TTC subway at the end of the green line.
See subway map here http://www.ttc.ca/Subway/interactivemap.jsp

and also see Kipling Station on the right hand side of the street/subway/bus route here http://www.ttc.ca/images/fixedImages/TTCRideGuide_4.pdfhttp://www.ttc.ca/images/fixedImages/TTCRideGuide_4.pdf

I've lived in Mississauga since I became a resident and like it very much. While I own a car, lots of people in my neighbourhood don't and rely on public transport. Mississauga has it's own bus service, a great public library system with lots of branch locations (many attached to community/fitness centers) and also lots of resources devoted to settlement and newcomers. Learn more here http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/home

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
North York is also serviced by the TTC subway and bus routes. North York has it's great public library system with lots of branch locations (I still have the library card). As other posters in this forum had said, stay away from Finch and Jane in North York.

I used to lived in North York many years ago but now I am in the Vancouver area.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/toronto-neighborhoods-where-do-i-go-t66734.0.html

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Since you are an Indian, Mississauga will have plenty of opportunities to mix with your own community. But Mississauga Transit (MiWay) is not as good as Toronto Transit (TTC). You may end up buying a car pretty soon in that way. Mississauga is more diverse as new immigrants started to buy houses and build communities some years back. But now, the housing price is as high as any other place in GTA. As Toronto Downtown still serves as the core of its economy, daily commute would be far easier from North York than from Mississauga.

If your first priority is a safer environment with good schooling choices; I would vote for North York over Mississauga.

But at the end, every place has its pros and cons like it has been said before here. My advise would be not to rush, take a careful look around after coming here, visit both places, talk to as many people as you wish and then decide. Take everyone's advice here as well to your account.

Rahuldost

Jan 24, 2012
Fair enough for now i am planing to go to North york and take a call from there thanks every one any suggestions on good schools i am thinking of bay view middle school

aydamoni

Oct 29, 2012
Rossei said:
Since you are an Indian, Mississauga will have plenty of opportunities to mix with your own community. But Mississauga Transit (MiWay) is not as good as Toronto Transit (TTC). You may end up buying a car pretty soon in that way. Mississauga is more diverse as new immigrants started to buy houses and build communities some years back. But now, the housing price is as high as any other place in GTA. As Toronto Downtown still serves as the core of its economy, daily commute would be far easier from North York than from Mississauga.

If your first priority is a safer environment with good schooling choices; I would vote for North York over Mississauga.

But at the end, every place has its pros and cons like it has been said before here. My advise would be not to rush, take a careful look around after coming here, visit both places, talk to as many people as you wish and then decide. Take everyone's advice here as well to your account.
Its really good info.

Rahuldost

Jan 24, 2012
Thanks Every one Who visited the post or replied I am sorry to update after such a long time but i have taken a call and settled the family in Sheppard & young and chose bay view middle school now starts the Phase two JOB JOB JOB JOB + Canadian Experience
We landed in April And i am willing to share my experience so far for any one that is planing to land or has just landed
of course experts are the best , who have given me honest opinion

Tomford123

Feb 26, 2016
Can you provide review on the bayview middle school. Also whether your decision of north york was more appropriate than Mississauga. Appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
5 Years and Counting Thank you Canada and all the Veterans time to give back the favour
so hows your experience in north york & their schools ?