+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

Foxx

Jun 27, 2014
Another piece of my stats for those waiting for the oath:

Application received Sep 8, 2014 (single, Calgary)
Processing started Nov 6, 2014
Test taken: July 22, 2015 (update on ecas appeared after the test)
Oath taken: Sep 15, 2015 (update on ecas appeared 16 days before the oath date, regular mail notice arrived 13 days before the oath date)

Good job Calgary office! I guess Mr Harper just got himself another vote ;)

Also for the interested: I applied for citizenship with 1095 total "days of physical presense" sharp (2 yrs work permit plus ~2 yrs as PR), that is, on 1096th day, without any further wait. Also I was making long visits to my home country every year, and other countries too (kept detailed track of all travels of course, and reported them all).
Why I'm telling this - none of this had triggered any RQ for me. Just FYI.

Aug 17, 2015
Y2K said:
You were able to obtain passport a day after your oath in Calgary? Please how did you go about doing that. Please explain? My oath in on Oct 2, 2015 in Calgary and I have a ticket booked to travel (fly) to the US on Oct 7. Can I obtain my Canadian Passport in this timeframe?
You should be good to go. Go in to the passport office early on Oct 6 and request urgent processing. Have your ticket handy, the forms filled with your guarantor and 2 references ready to be called. Make sure the guarantor and references know why you need urgent processing. The fee is $270. You should be able to collect at the end of that day.

Aug 17, 2015
canalberta said:
Calgary is rocking! :)
Congratulations to all of you! fzn_99, jkoduri, DCyBP, Calgarys_Finest, Alex_78, drunkhead, Raylee1213, citizenship_seeker, BSD.MD, fortmacresident, abidcro, Y2K, Calgary_NewB!
Y2K, I do not think that you can procure passport the next day. I think he meant Citzenship certificate!
Thanks! No i did mean passport. You get the certificate at the ceremony. Went in the next day to try my luck as I needed to travel the following day and was lucky!

freetorch99

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
I have a question to anyone of our friends here if you all don't mind, our Ecas was update to decision made except for my minor which is still in process, is this normal? is he gonna be invited with us for the oath taking automatically? Thanks in advance. Congratulations to all who got their oath invitataions and good luck to all who are still waiting.

drunkhead

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa Pilot Processing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-sep-2011
AOR Received.
24-oct-2011
Med's Request
24-oct-2011
Passport Req..
4-jan-2012
LANDED..........
28-jan-2012
freetorch99 said:
Hi all,
I have a question to anyone of our friends here if you all don't mind, our Ecas was update to decision made except for my minor which is still in process, is this normal? is he gonna be invited with us for the oath taking automatically? Thanks in advance. Congratulations to all who got their oath invitataions and good luck to all who are still waiting.
It's normal, minor (under 14 for sure), status doesn't change to decision made and will be in process all the time. And yes they get the letter for oath ceremony for same date as parents, and at that time their status gets updated with oath letter date, but will still be in process.

Going to oath is not compulsory for them, and in case they are not present, parents should take their PR card and one other piece of identification (ex, health club) and the citizenship certificate of minors will be given to parents.

freetorch99

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drunkhead said:
It's normal, minor (under 14 for sure), status doesn't change to decision made and will be in process all the time. And yes they get the letter for oath ceremony for same date as parents, and at that time their status gets updated with oath letter date, but will still be in process.

Going to oath is not compulsory for them, and in case they are not present, parents should take their PR card and one other piece of identification (ex, health club) and the citizenship certificate of minors will be given to parents.
Hi drunkhead, thank you so much for your kind response & the usefull information, now I'm not going to worry about my minor's ecas status. Anyway, I noticed on your timeline that you were at the same test as ours but you got your oath date already at hand, congratulations to you and your family and hoping that our oath date letter is coming too. Appreciate a lot.

Mehwish9

Star Member
Apr 2, 2009
I have passed my test today, it was very easy, just read the book very carefully few times and practice online tests etc. The interview went smooth as well, the officer checked my documents, and stamps on passports and ask few simple question about work etc. Oath invitation is expected in 1-3 months, so hope for the best. Thank you everybody for the help and assistance throughout this long ordeal and good luck to all who are in line.
regards
Mehwish
Application received Feb19,2015
Test Date.Sep17,2015.
Oath. Awaited

freetorch99

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends,
I just checked my Ecas status just now and a 5th line was added and it says like this:

We sent you a notice on Sep. 16, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on Oct. 5, 2015. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment, etc....

We have'nt receive any letter may be we'll get it in the mail box today or monday. This forum is a big help and grateful for the wonderful advices I got here. I still be visiting this forum to inform you about the oath ceremony. All the best to all!

mark1987

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any news Calgary applicants? I have feeling that my oath ceremony will be October 9 :p :p :p

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mark1987 said:
Any news Calgary applicants? I have feeling that my oath ceremony will be October 9 :p :p :p
completed my oath yesterday...officially citizen now. Thanks guys for sharing everything.

sraheem86

Star Member
Dec 7, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mid-June 2010 (PNP Application)
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
September 10, 2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
01-06-2011
Med's Done....
06-06-2011
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
22-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012
Finally became a citizen last friday!

My experience was very typical. Reached at 9:50 for my 10:00 am oath. There was a line-up of about 30 people already ahead of me. At sharp 10am, we were asked to come. Visitors were asked to go to the hall directly from a separate entrance, and applicants were sent through a queue (similar to that in the test). The officer just asked to see my Invitation letter and PR card ( I brought along all the documents that were asked for in the Invitation letter). Then she told me which seat number I should sit in.

The hall filled in at about 11am. There were a total of 91 applicants, and roughly as many guests. Apparently there was no limit on guests, the lady next to me had 6 guests. The ceremony started as soon as all the applicants were in. All rose for the Citizenship official presiding over the ceremony. She made a short speech and asked us to rise for the oath. We were asked to repeat the words of the oath in French and English. It should be noted that when the oath was being read, a few CIC employees making sure that people are actually reading the oath aloud. There was an elderly lady who was seated, and wasn't repeating the French oath. A CIC employee approached her and asked her to read along.

After the oath, we were individually called up, asked to sign the Oath declaration, and then given our Citizenship Certificate by the presiding officer. Once everyone was given their certificates, everyone returned to their seats and a bilingual version of the National Anthem was sung, and the ceremony ended. Most people stayed around for pictures, and there was also the opportunity to take pics with the Citizenship official.

Overall, the whole process took roughly 2 hours.

BTW... we were told to apply for Passports after waiting for 2 working days (so they can update their systems). Also, everyone received a 'Cultural Access Pass', which gives you entry to several Museums, National Parks, and tonnes of other stuff.

But the paperwork never ends, I am currently filling out forms for my Canadian Passport, and renouncing my old citizenship...

I'm glad it's all over now, but it was worth the wait. I'm looking forward to vote on October 19!

SSV70

Jun 17, 2015
Hi,

I have completed my test on 27th Aug2015 and soon after a few days (Since 1st week of Sept2015), I see that Ecas has changed to decision made. However there is no other information other than new line about the test, seems trailing behind the actual events.

Am I to expect any information on the Oath in the month of Oct2015? I mean just a guess.. I know not in our hands

Thanks
Regards

BSD.MD

Sep 19, 2014
Dear friends,

I just checked out CIC's web page for scheduled oath ceremonies and I found this:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada Office
Address:
210-220 4th Ave SE
Calgary, Alberta, T2G 4X3
Date:
Friday September 25, 2015
Time:
9:00 AM
Open to the public:
Yes

Address:
210-220 4th Ave SE
Date:
Time:
11:00 AM
Open to the public:

In my letter is printed that ceremony will be at 10 AM. So how come this can be possible? Have anybody faced the same issue?

BSD.MD

Sep 19, 2014
BSD.MD said:
Dear friends,

I just checked out CIC's web page for scheduled oath ceremonies and I found this:

Address:
210-220 4th Ave SE
Date:
Time:
9:00 AM
Open to the public:
Yes

Address:
210-220 4th Ave SE
Date:
Time:
11:00 AM
Open to the public:

In my letter is printed that ceremony will be at 10 AM. So how come this can be possible? Have anybody faced the same issue?
I think I got the idea. they invite people at 10 and check the docs and after they start the ceremony. I missed the story from sraheem86.

khebra

Dec 27, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My status changed today to '' Decision made ''

I apply on Sep 24th 2014
Test : 11 -Aug -2015
Fingerprint request : Aug 4 2015
Fingerprint sent to CIC from RCMP : Aug 12 2015
Decision Made : Sep 23 2015

Waiting for the Oath anytime