+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

Calgary_NewB

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
Looks like Calgary is rolling now! I also received the oath invitation. Here are my timelines:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 23, 2014.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 16, 2014.
3. We started processing your application on December 18, 2014.
4. We sent you a notice on July 13, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 28, 2015 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5. We sent you a letter on July 13, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
6. We sent you a notice on September 7, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 28, 2015 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Good luck to the people who are still waiting!

Cheers

canalberta

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary_NewB said:
Looks like Calgary is rolling now! I also received the oath invitation. Here are my timelines:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 23, 2014.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 16, 2014.
3. We started processing your application on December 18, 2014.
4. We sent you a notice on July 13, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 28, 2015 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5. We sent you a letter on July 13, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
6. We sent you a notice on September 7, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 28, 2015 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Good luck to the people who are still waiting!

Cheers
Calgary is rocking! :)
Congratulations to all of you! fzn_99, jkoduri, DCyBP, Calgarys_Finest, Alex_78, drunkhead, Raylee1213, citizenship_seeker, BSD.MD, fortmacresident, abidcro, Y2K, Calgary_NewB!
Y2K, I do not think that you can procure passport the next day. I think he meant Citzenship certificate!

darbi

Jul 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgarys_Finest said:
I had my Oath Ceremony yesterday!
Took some time for us to registered so we started at 8:45am versus the time of invite which was 8:00am but most guests came at 8:00am.

Today I was able to obtain my passport!

Wish you all the best!
Congratulations on becoming Canadian :)
So does it take 24 hours to apply for passport after oath? Or you applied for some kind of urgent process.
Thanks

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Wowwwww ! Calgary is on fire !!!! So many oaths !!!!!

BTW , I have received my oath notice for Oct 2 at 8:00 am whereas my son is going to take it on September 21st.

KungFury

May 28, 2015
Took my oath of citizenship yesterday in Calgary.

The ceremony was scheduled for 8am, I arrived 8:10am, there was a short line but pretty much everyone had already checked in. The ceremony started around 8:35am with 90 people from 20 something countries. They verified invitation letter, had me sign a couple of things and took my PR card when checking in (no other documents were requested). At the end of ceremony everyone signed their name again, shook judge's hand and received their certificate of citizenship. The ceremony finished around 9:15am.

I had already checked online that I need to wait two business days before I can apply for passport. This was announced again at the end. Going to apply in-person next week.

DCyBP

May 1, 2015
calgarianflower said:
can somebody tell me how you get your test letterÉ
did you recieve by mail or email.

thanks
By physical mail. No email. I got my Ecas upated days after I took the test.

canalberta

Feb 8, 2009
informatics said:
Wowwwww ! Calgary is on fire !!!! So many oaths !!!!!

BTW , I have received my oath notice for Oct 2 at 8:00 am whereas my son is going to take it on September 21st.
Congrats Informatics! When did you write your test and how long it took to get the oath invite?

DCyBP

May 1, 2015
URGENT ADVISE NEEDED:

Hello, I'd like to know your thoughts in an urgent matter.
My oath ceremony was scheduled for tomorrow (Sep 16) at 10:30 am. My parents were flying from abroad today into Calgary to be there. Their flight was cancelled and they would miss the ceremony. It's been 17+ years since I left my native country, and it will mean the world to us to be together in this extremely special moment. My parents will be in Calgary for another week. Is there any way that the CIC would move my ceremony to next Friday? If you think so, how should I go about this? should I just show up tomorrow and beg? I have printed the airline screenshots showing that the flight was cancelled. Should I make a letter?

What do I do? Please help. :-[

susann

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
NOC Code......
0111 / 1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2009
Doc's Request.
august 2009
AOR Received.
january 2010
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
march 2010
Passport Req..
april 2010
VISA ISSUED...
mai 2010
I am sorry for you and I can not really help,

However I can tell you what I would do. I would take cancelled flight information and explanation letter with the appeal to be rescheduled within … (how long your parents are here) to the oath ceremony. Tell them how important this would be for your parants to be part of it and that they book the flight only for seeing you taking the oath. I would be really early (60- 45 min before time) there and try to talk to someone and explain it. There should be a judge around try to talk to him. Maybe you are lucky and the will reschedule you there right away.

If this is not working - I would take the oath and go to the one on Friday with my parents as visitors. They get the idea how is was and than celebrate my citizenship. Not the same - but better than nothing.

Best for you and hope it works out

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
calgarianflower said:
can somebody tell me how you get your test letterÉ
did you recieve by mail or email.

thanks

Citizenship Test notice is sent by regular mail and its normally 15 days in advance of test date.

DCyBP

May 1, 2015
susann said:
I am sorry for you and I can not really help,

However I can tell you what I would do. I would take cancelled flight information and explanation letter with the appeal to be rescheduled within ... (how long your parents are here) to the oath ceremony. Tell them how important this would be for your parants to be part of it and that they book the flight only for seeing you taking the oath. I would be really early (60- 45 min before time) there and try to talk to someone and explain it. There should be a judge around try to talk to him. Maybe you are lucky and the will reschedule you there right away.

If this is not working - I would take the oath and go to the one on Friday with my parents as visitors. They get the idea how is was and than celebrate my citizenship. Not the same - but better than nothing.

Best for you and hope it works out
Susann,
thanks a lot for your advise. Your ideas are great, I've made the letter, and will attach all supporting docs. Your idea of taking them with me on Friday if all else fails is wonderful, I truly need to share this moment with them, and that would allow it.
Thanks for sharing the thoughts of a calm mind when mine is struggling with anxiety.
I will let you know how it goes.

susann

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
NOC Code......
0111 / 1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2009
Doc's Request.
august 2009
AOR Received.
january 2010
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
march 2010
Passport Req..
april 2010
VISA ISSUED...
mai 2010
DCyBP said:
Susann,
thanks a lot for your advise. Your ideas are great, I've made the letter, and will attach all supporting docs. Your idea of taking them with me on Friday if all else fails is wonderful, I truly need to share this moment with them, and that would allow it.
Thanks for sharing the thoughts of a calm mind when mine is struggling with anxiety.
I will let you know how it goes.
You are welcome - I keep fingers crossed…

freetorch99

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
My Ecas was updated this morning to decision made after 7 weeks from taking the test, but nothing has been updated in the description and is still showing the test invite. Anyway, we hope the oath ceremony invite is just around the corner.

I have a question to anyone of our friends here, our Ecas was update to decision made except for my minor which is still in process, is this normal? is he gonna be invited with us for the oath taking automatically? Thanks in advance. Congratulations to all who got their oath invitataions and good luck to all who are still waiting.