+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

smrit

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
'UOC' , 'emceemouli' , 'Sanny27'
Any changes on your ECAS regarding the Oath Ceremony?
or received the oath letter?

gregmah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
newhusband said:
Hello guys , I wish you all a great week end... I have a serious subject plz I need ur help plz...when I submit my application for citizenship I was legally separated ,I received a letter from CIC To write my citizenship test on late July , and recently I got my divorce paper ...my case is ...should I show CIC my new statut ( divorce paper) or just let it as it is when I applied as legally separated ...plz inform me ...thanks a lot guys
In my opinion it does not matter to CIC. CIC cares about time and relevant document. They don't ask anywhere your marriage certificate. Yes they ask for children education

Call CIC and double check

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smrit said:
'UOC' , 'emceemouli' , 'Sanny27'
Any changes on your ECAS regarding the Oath Ceremony?
or received the oath letter?
No oath letter, no updates on Ecas. CIC call center refuse to provide any info.

When was your test ?

newhusband

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys , Citezenship request my current and expired passport ...I have my current one but the expired one who has most of entry / exit stamps I left it in my homeland ...what can I do ? Do u think Cic officer will accept a scanned copies of my passport?....my family tried to send me the passport but in the post office they said it's not allowed.

ChekFsts

Oct 11, 2014
mimi23 said:
my test Will be 15 july at 9am
mine will be on July14 th same time earlier than I thought. It seems there are so many resources to prepare for the test any idea which one is the best. Please let me know when you receive your oath letter after the exam. Good luck

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
newhusband said:
Hello guys , Citezenship request my current and expired passport ...I have my current one but the expired one who has most of entry / exit stamps I left it in my homeland ...what can I do ? Do u think Cic officer will accept a scanned copies of my passport?....my family tried to send me the passport but in the post office they said it's not allowed.

You could just post your old passport as "documents" rather than a passport (having taken a scanned copy of every page first). If you really can't get your old passport then you have no choice other than to take a scanned copy to CIC. Not being able to produce your actual old passport will cause increased scrutiny.

fortmacresident

Nov 3, 2014
Just looked up the oath dates for calgary for July. Seems there are quite a few ceremonies towards the end of July. Hopefully this will help clear up the backlog of people waiting for oath and further shorten processing times
Any idea how many people are invited to each oath ceremony?

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
paw339 said:
You could just post your old passport as "documents" rather than a passport (having taken a scanned copy of every page first). If you really can't get your old passport then you have no choice other than to take a scanned copy to CIC. Not being able to produce your actual old passport will cause increased scrutiny.
Passport is a travel document which can only enter or exit the country with the passport holder. If the courier company discover during their scanning, it may cause problem. The best way is to request someone who is travelling from your home country although that is also illegal and risky.

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UOC said:
Hi,

All those who have received oath letters recently, does your online status shows that they sent you an oath letter.

Please reply.
I received the oath letter Monday last week and my status today (7 days later) still shows as "in Progress" with the invitation to the test as last entry. Maybe it changes tomorrow...

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
dbo73 said:
I received the oath letter Monday last week and my status today (7 days later) still shows as "in Progress" with the invitation to the test as last entry. Maybe it changes tomorrow...
So you took test Jun 2 and received Oath letter June 29. Thats about 3-4 weeks gap. Hopefully CIC Calgary can stick with that.

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vnexpress said:
So you took test Jun 2 and received Oath letter June 29. Thats about 3-4 weeks gap. Hopefully CIC Calgary can stick with that.
correct

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dbo73 said:
Thanks, please let me know if your status change tomorrow. CIC agents are not providing any update, claiming that the online system is now very accurate and there is no other way to find out if the letter has been sent or not. My only worry is that now how anyone know about their oath if the letter is lost in the mail.

freetorch99

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UOC said:
Passport is a travel document which can only enter or exit the country with the passport holder. If the courier company discover during their scanning, it may cause problem. The best way is to request someone who is travelling from your home country although that is also illegal and risky.
Dear friends, I'm still waiting for my test invite and if it comes may I ask what if I got only my expired passport to show because I decided not to renew it, what will happen, are they gonna ask me for a new passport? Thanks in advance.