+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I notice that those who took the test in May and have not received Oath letter actually applied in September 2014. Maybe they are sending out Oath invitations based on date of application.

gregmah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
civic said:
I notice that those who took the test in May and have not received Oath letter actually applied in September 2014. Maybe they are sending out Oath invitations based on date of application.

Friends

I have a question to ask. My friend is worried and he had citizenship test on which he signed the prohibition act form that he has no cases anywhere but he is ban in dubai due to property default. Does it impact his citizenship?

Any expert advise

pingaustin

Jul 1, 2008
Colonel_Blimp said:
Wife and I took the test today at Harry Hays building. Arrived at 1245 - pre briefing took place almost bang on 1pm. About a dozen people were called out to go in one line and the rest put in another line. Those called out first seemed to have more "in depth" questioning.
Interview was about 5 mins - quick check of documents - PR card, Alberta health card, passport (and previously expired one), and invitation letter were all that we were asked for; then a few general questions about work,where we live etc - just checking our English comprehension i guess.

Test didn't start until 2.10pm - we both found it very easy - we had both read the book a few times and had done a few online tests. We both got 20/20 - i was finished in 5 mins and my wife was one of the last to finish because she likes to check everything 10 times. Waiting for her did give me the opportunity to watch everyone else come out - my guess is there were about 12 fails in the group.

Now just have to wait for the oath letter.............

Application received: 13th June 2014
Processing started: 15th August 2014
Test date: 29th June 2015
Oath Ceromony: .......................tbd
Yes Colonel,
We were there yesterday too and we spent way more time waiting whilst people's documents are being checked than for the test itself.
By my watch, I spent 4 mins 35 seconds completing the test.
My wife too time too, she was there for like ten minutes.

I concluded it was more about checking out documents and verifying our IDs than the test itself, that said, preparing for any test always helps.

The book and on-line practice and you can score 100% too.

Application received: 24th June 2014
Processing started: 14th August 2014
Test date: 29th June 2015
Oath Ceremony: .......................tbd

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There was another citizenship test session at 1PM today June 30 at CIC Calgary too with a big line up comparable to June 29. Looks like CIC Calgary is super busy these days for tests. Oaths are slow.

CGYFlames

May 9, 2015
smrit said:
June test takers who already got the Oath invitation letter, Has your ECAS been updated to "Decision Made"??
I took my test on June 5 and got my oath letter for July 24th, but my status in-process. The last line states: We started processing ....

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CGYFlames said:
I took my test on June 5 and got my oath letter for July 24th, but my status in-process. The last line states: We started processing ....
Hi, do your online status shows that they sent you an oath letter.

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone who gave the test in May is still waiting for oath letter. I haven't received mine yet. Called CIC and they refuse to provide any info, the agent argued with me that their online system is very updated and therefore they are instructed not to provide status over the phone.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are 16 scheduled oath ceremonies to be held in July by CIC Calgary. They are working real hard but I guess the backlog is still too large.

gregmah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
civic said:
There are 16 scheduled oath ceremonies to be held in July by CIC Calgary. They are working real hard but I guess the backlog is still too large.
Guys, what document they send for oath invitation. I again got prohibition act form. I signed during the test time. Why again?

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
gregmah said:
Friends

I have a question to ask. My friend is worried and he had citizenship test on which he signed the prohibition act form that he has no cases anywhere but he is ban in dubai due to property default. Does it impact his citizenship?

Any expert advise
Gregmah

Not exactly sure what you mean by a ban (but if its not criminal your friend should be fine) but if in doubt its always best to declare the issue because CIC take false statements very seriously.

abidcro

Aug 14, 2009
civic said:
yes civic u r rite , people r getting oath request according to their application received date not test date

gregmah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
abidcro said:
yes civic u r rite , people r getting oath request according to their application received date not test date
Guys

I received Oath invitation for july 27. Again receive the prohibition act form. I signed this form at the time of test. Is this normal and they send to everyone?

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gregmah said:
Guys

I received Oath invitation for july 27. Again receive the prohibition act form. I signed this form at the time of test. Is this normal and they send to everyone?
whats your test date?
i gave my test on June 9th and waiting for oath date.