+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

KungFury

May 28, 2015
I received Notice to Appear - To Write A Citizenship Test And/Or for Verification of Identity/Documents in the mail today.

Test date: July 15, 2015 (ecas does not show this event yet)

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 17, 2014.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 17, 2014.
3. We started processing your application on September 25, 2014.

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
KungFury said:
I received Notice to Appear - To Write A Citizenship Test And/Or for Verification of Identity/Documents in the mail today.

Test date: July 15, 2015 (ecas does not show this event yet)

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 17, 2014.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 17, 2014.
3. We started processing your application on September 25, 2014.
My sister test invite says she will be invited for oath the same day with test if she passed the test. What about yours?

KungFury

May 28, 2015
alexdive said:
My sister test invite says she will be invited for oath the same day with test if she passed the test. What about yours?
No, mine has no mention of oath on it.

I guess in your sister's case her documents have already been assessed. However, in my case the decision to invite me to the oath ceremony is contingent on assessment of my documents and/or an interview.

darbi

Jul 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chingas said:
Zulfi, please don't be worried about the test. If you read the book and do practice questions online you will be fine. Please read the book I can't stress that enough. From the beginning to the end. Read it lol

I did lots of practice tests on
http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/
www.vsoul.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHIsUjAnoDk (youtube lecture from chapter 1 - 10)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GgqRFIDcbA (practice questions with answers)

You will be fine if you prep yourself, take a deep breath and relax.

Best of luck to all
Hi Chingas,
Thanks for the test advice. The highlighted link above lectures chapter 1-10 was so useful, but unfortunately i checked today they were removed from youtube. i was wondering if you downloaded the videos off youtube, or you were just watching them online?

Has anyone else downloaded those videos? they were a great help preparing for the test.

Thanks a mill.

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ChekFsts said:
Hi Mimi23

It seems we have very similar timeline. Have you received any updates ?

Do you know of any July applicant who received their test invite ?

I called Cic call centre and the agent I spoke to indicated they have a new mandate not to provide updates for applicants with less than 24 months processing time.
no havent received any letter n i didnt check my status online , the call centre is headache

Chingas

Aug 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
darbi said:
Hi Chingas,
Thanks for the test advice. The highlighted link above lectures chapter 1-10 was so useful, but unfortunately i checked today they were removed from youtube. i was wondering if you downloaded the videos off youtube, or you were just watching them online?

Has anyone else downloaded those videos? they were a great help preparing for the test.

Thanks a mill.
Darbi,

Unfortunately I didn't download any of the videos. Don't be scared. There are lots of videos online to help with studying as well as practice materials. I didn't pay for any study guides/guaranteed practice tests to pass and I passed the test. It's not frightening. All i can say is read the book from front to back and do lots of practice tets/free online tools to help. You will be fine.

darbi

Jul 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chingas said:
Darbi,

Unfortunately I didn't download any of the videos. Don't be scared. There are lots of videos online to help with studying as well as practice materials. I didn't pay for any study guides/guaranteed practice tests to pass and I passed the test. It's not frightening. All i can say is read the book from front to back and do lots of practice tets/free online tools to help. You will be fine.
Thanks Chingas

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Still no new oaths for Calgary?

Can143

Jan 21, 2015
Application received April 9 2014
In process date: June 10 2014
Local office transfer: August 11 2014
Test letter date may 8 2015
Test date may 27 2015
Oath June 23 2015

Total time was 15 months... Thank everyone in the forum for updating the details...

jeune

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my time line

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 23, 2013.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 23, 2013.
3.We started processing your application on January 8, 2014.

4- RQ received march 2014 , sent April 2014
and I'm waiting my test

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
alexdive said:
Does your sister live at least 2.5 miles hour away from Calgary ?

Usyaid

Jun 12, 2014
Any June Test taker got Oath invitation ?

I did my Test on 4 June and waiting for oath invitation.

office =Calgary Family application

calman

Jun 26, 2015
abidcro said:
Hello I passed my test today but officer gave me finger print request (letter was typed and dated 10 June)

Now my questions are
Is my application non routine now ?
How long it takes for RSMP to send result to cic ?

My application details

Application received - 29 sep 2014
lOT - 18 dec 2014
Test passed and got finger print request- 18 jun 2015
Office - calgary

Your responses will be highly appreciated

Thanks

Hi I have the same case, and test on 18 June and finger prints. Any idea, have you provided the finger prints. When we may expect the oat any idea.