+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Advise for those who travelled a lot and are going for test: Just marked your passport pages which have relevant stamps with "post it" etc. and prepare a printout with dates and relevant page numbers. This will enable you to help the officer if he or she couldn't find the relevant date (s).
I did the same in my case and I asked her if she finds all the dates, otherwise I was in a position to tell her the exact page number.

citizenship_seeker

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone.. I got the request for citizenship exam.... i did not receive any finger print request yet. Was just wondering what will the process from now on...

Chingas

Aug 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I wrote my citizenship test today.

Arrived there about 20 minutes prior to the time set. There was already a long line up. They make you all wait till close to the time you're supposed to write your test.

They ask you for your PR card and your test invite right before you walk into the room to write the test. There are about 30 - 40 individuals writing the test. You get seated, and the test is passed around.

It took me 5 minutes to write it.

Study the book and do lots of practice questions online. Thats my two cents.

Now I wait for oath invite.

Good luck to everyone!

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All,

I had my test today at Calgary office. 10am time slot, i was there at about 9.30 and like the other poster said, there was a huge line up already. i guess there were around 60 people who wrote the test.
Test questions were similar to the ones online, v-soul and apnatoronto are the ones helped me.

now waiting for oath date.

Citizenship: Single Application
Local office: Calgary
Rcvd: May 22, 2014
In proc: July 21, 2014
Mail received for test date: May 22nd, 2015
Test date: June 9, 2015
Oath date: pending

I was active during my PR application and kind of became more of a viewer after that. anyways i want to share my experience and the timeline with fellow members here.
I owe this much to this forum i guess.

Thanks and All the best for rest of the applicants.

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
citizenship_seeker said:
Hello everyone.. I got the request for citizenship exam.... i did not receive any finger print request yet. Was just wondering what will the process from now on...
Congrats on your citizenship interview/exam invite. You just get ready for the test by reading Discovery Canada as many times as it makes you confidence and comfortable and need not worry about any finger print request. Finger printing is only done for a small proportion of citizenship applicants and not done routinely.

immi2011

Aug 14, 2011
informatics said:
I am not sure about turkish but I know that Immigrant Services Calgary offers translation services for many languages .They are not ATIA certified however their translations are accepted by CIC .They would charge much less as compared to any other translator . I am also going to contact them soon for my arabic stamps.

Good luck
Hi informatics,

Did you get these stamps translated from Immigrant Services Calgary? How long they take? What is their fee? Do they keep the original passport with them? At the time of test, Do CIC officer check if the translation is by an ATIA certified translator or not?

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
smrit said:
Anyone who had their test in MAY got oath letter yet?
smrit your question reminded me to check the mail and in our mailbox was a nice surprise. Oath invitation letters for the 23rd June ;D

Citizenship application received 08 May 2014

Notice to appear to write test on 13th May 2015 (letter dated 24th April)

Family application

smrit

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
paw339 said:
smrit your question reminded me to check the mail and in our mailbox was a nice surprise. Oath invitation letters for the 23rd June ;D

Citizenship application received 08 May 2014

Notice to appear to write test on 13th May 2015 (letter dated 24th April)

Family application
paw339, I am very glad to hear that.
Has your ecas been updated with oath date?
Would you mind telling when the letter was issued?

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
smrit said:
Thanks. My wifes ecas shows decision made (changed 3 days ago?) with no oath date. Everyone else's still shows in process. Oath letter 08th June

Usyaid

Jun 12, 2014
Any June Test taker got Oath invitation ?

I did my Test on 4 June and waiting for oath invitation.

office =Calgary Family application

Chingas

Aug 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Everyone,

Please sign this petition

https://www.change.org/p/hon-chris-alexander-pc-mp-canadian-government-stop-bill-c-24-don-t-turn-millions-of-us-into-second-class-canadian-citizens

https://killc51.ca/

smrit

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smrit said:
Thanks for the info bro!
& Many congratulations!!! :)