+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

smrit

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Batmann, Your timeline is kinda reference to mine. Have you not received your Oath invitation yet?

angelpot11

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAGUA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/08/14
AOR Received.
08/09/14
File Transfer...
AIP : 02/24/2016
Med's Request
02/24/2016
Med's Done....
02/26/2016
Hi guys pls help what is RQ means here thanks, my application is transfered in Calgary office waiting for test date. thanks for your help I am Feb. applicant.

smrit

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Batmann, Your timeline is kinda reference to mine. Have you not received your Oath invitation yet?

CGYFlames

May 9, 2015
dbo73 said:
Just came back from writing my citizenship test today at 8:30 am at the Harry Hays building.

Here is my quick summary:

I arrived at 8:05, there were approximately 5 people already waiting at the entrance to office 210. They made us line up and interviews started at 8:15. We were approximately 30-35 people. They asked us to get our invitation letter, passports, drivers license and PR-Card ready for the interview.

Then they lined us up in two lines. They called up names for one row (to be taken care of by one CO) and put all the others in the second row (to be taken care of by two COs). I am not sure why the split it up this way, maybe the first line was for the cases with clarification questions. I ended up in the first line (with the names called out). When it was my turn, I was asked to present the pieces of ID as well as the invitation letter and I signed the attached declaration in front of the officer. She then went through my passport and checked the stamps. At the same time she asked me about my job (what do you do, when did you start, etc.). She didn't want to see my language test original or anything else.

While she was checking the residency calculator dates, I mentioned to her that there are two dates in the calculation that are off by one day and gave here the correct dates. I got the impression, that she already knew and was just confirming as the net effect of the corrected dates was NIL (one time, I left Canada one day earlier, the other time, I actually returned 1 day earlier than indicated). I think she might have asked me about those two dates anyway, hadn't I brought it up (maybe this was the reason, why I was put in this line). Anyway, she was very nice and I think that bringing the error to her attention right away was the perfect thing to do.

She then handed me the invitation back and I was asked to join the others in the test room. They explained the test procedure and handed out the test sheet as well as the questions. We all started at the same time and were asked to hand in the questions as well as the test sheet once done. The test was assessed right away and we were told the results individually just outside the test room (20/20). Oath invitations are to be expected within 1-3 months.

Cheers,
dbo73
Congrats! dbo73.
How difficult are the test questions? Can you provide us with some examples of typical questions.
Thank you.

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CGYFlames said:
Congrats! dbo73.
How difficult are the test questions? Can you provide us with some examples of typical questions.
Thank you.
Hi CGYFlames,

Sorry, no can do. Questions must not be shared.

All information is from the study guide. Didn't find the questions hard though.

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
angelpot11 said:
Hi guys pls help what is RQ means here thanks, my application is transfered in Calgary office waiting for test date. thanks for your help I am Feb. applicant.
Hello. RQ means Residency Questionnaire and it is issued by CIC to applicants they suspect may not have met residence requirement to become Canadian citizens. There are many flags that may trigger n RQ and some of these are:

- outright declaration that you have not met physical requirement but you met basic requirement
- Missing Passports
- Inconsistency in exit and entry stamps in passport and Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) records
- Being unable to explain where you have been living and what you have been doing in Canada

ETC ETC

Please note that list is not exhaustive and there are number of posts online where you can get additional information.

Good luck with your application.

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smrit said:
Hi smrit,

Not yet, it's really frustrating. I notice that we had the same test date and you are going to take the oath on June 12. Which day did you receive your oath invitation letter?

batman

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any June 2014 applicant getting test invitation? ::)

smrit

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
batmann said:
Hi smrit,

Not yet, it's really frustrating. I notice that we had the same test date and you are going to take the oath on June 12. Which day did you receive your oath invitation letter?

batman
No quite!
I had my test on May 25 and waiting for Oath letter to be issued.

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smrit said:
No quite!
I had my test on May 25 and waiting for Oath letter to be issued.
Okay, I saw it on the timeline excel spreadsheet is showing differently, maybe I looked over. The sheet & link is on the page 32 under this subject.

Wow you have the fastest application in Calgary! Congrats!

Chingas

Aug 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Doign my test on June 9. Received the letter and all however, my ecas is not updated :-X

medopharm

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
Interview........
22-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01- 2016 Alhmdullelah
LANDED..........
20-01-2016
Calgary-timeliner said:
medopharm, and Alexdive, Have you received your oath invitation?
just yesterday i noticed a decision made on ECAS regarding my Oath but no any messages
also haven't received the latter as well
my test was on May 12 by the way
I called cic ...she didn't tell me anything ..all just wait

Calgary-timeliner

Apr 8, 2015
medopharm said:
just yesterday i noticed a decision made on ECAS regarding my Oath but no any messages
also haven't received the latter as well
my test was on May 12 by the way
I called cic ...she didn't tell me anything ..all just wait
So, in your ecase, it has been mentioned "a decision made regarding your oath on XX-XX- 2015" or something like this??

MFCalgary

Jul 8, 2014
dbo73 said:
MFCalgary,

How did your interview & test go?

Cheers,
Dbo73
Hey. I got 20/20 on the test. Super easy. Done in 5 minutes and there were already 10 people before me who handed over their answer sheets.
My test was scheduled for 1:00 pm. I was there @ 12:30 and they started checking our documents @ about 12:40 pm. By 2:15 pm checking was done for all the applicants and they started the test.

Well, I'm quite releived to be over with this phase. From now it's just a waiting again:)