+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
thanks UOC. Bec it is written on RQ
to provide records of movement of all
countries you have a passport and I am a Indian
national.

thanks,
Godhelp

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has CIC Calgary called June 2014 for citizenship test yet?

pelipeli2

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

First post in this thread. My timeline (single application)

App sent: March 2, 2015
App received: March 5
AOR: March 24
In process: May 12
Transferred to Calgary office: May 22

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
Pelipe- I have similar timeline.
I was unemployed and self employed for sometime,
and also had international trips
So I am nervous will get a RQ.

thanks,
Godhelp

ronin47

Jun 16, 2014
Yes. Me.
Application Sent: june 8
Received: June 16, 2014 ( i think it is a mistake on ECAS or on behalf of the staff, because my app def reached there signed and sealed after 3 days via purolator)
In process: August 08, 2014

Test: June 19th, 2015 ;D letter was mailed out May 27.

civic said:
Has CIC Calgary called June 2014 for citizenship test yet?

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Usyaid said:
I got test invitation on 12 May 2015

Application received: 29 April 2014
Process started: 3 July 2014
Test Date: 4 June 2015 Calgary office
Hi Usyaid,

Have you received your oath invitation?

Thanks

arvind6365

Star Member
Dec 26, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/12/2009
Doc's Request.
09/02/2010
Nomination.....
16/04/2010
AOR Received.
16/04/2010
IELTS Request
15/03/2010
File Transfer...
01/09/2010
Med's Request
17/03/2011
Med's Done....
05/05/2011
Interview........
wevied off
Passport Req..
05/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
01/09/2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2012
pelipeli2 said:
Hello all,

First post in this thread. My timeline (single application)

App sent: March 2, 2015
App received: March 5
AOR: March 24
In process: May 12
Transferred to Calgary office: May 22
Congrts!!!

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just came back from writing my citizenship test today at 8:30 am at the Harry Hays building.

Here is my quick summary:

I arrived at 8:05, there were approximately 5 people already waiting at the entrance to office 210. They made us line up and interviews started at 8:15. We were approximately 30-35 people. They asked us to get our invitation letter, passports, drivers license and PR-Card ready for the interview.

Then they lined us up in two lines. They called up names for one row (to be taken care of by one CO) and put all the others in the second row (to be taken care of by two COs). I am not sure why the split it up this way, maybe the first line was for the cases with clarification questions. I ended up in the first line (with the names called out). When it was my turn, I was asked to present the pieces of ID as well as the invitation letter and I signed the attached declaration in front of the officer. She then went through my passport and checked the stamps. At the same time she asked me about my job (what do you do, when did you start, etc.). She didn't want to see my language test original or anything else.

While she was checking the residency calculator dates, I mentioned to her that there are two dates in the calculation that are off by one day and gave here the correct dates. I got the impression, that she already knew and was just confirming as the net effect of the corrected dates was NIL (one time, I left Canada one day earlier, the other time, I actually returned 1 day earlier than indicated). I think she might have asked me about those two dates anyway, hadn't I brought it up (maybe this was the reason, why I was put in this line). Anyway, she was very nice and I think that bringing the error to her attention right away was the perfect thing to do.

She then handed me the invitation back and I was asked to join the others in the test room. They explained the test procedure and handed out the test sheet as well as the questions. We all started at the same time and were asked to hand in the questions as well as the test sheet once done. The test was assessed right away and we were told the results individually just outside the test room (20/20). Oath invitations are to be expected within 1-3 months.

Cheers,
dbo73

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
dbo73 said:
Just came back from writing my citizenship test today at 8:30 am at the Harry Hays building.

Here is my quick summary:

I arrived at 8:05, there were approximately 5 people already waiting at the entrance to office 210. They made us line up and interviews started at 8:15. We were approximately 30-35 people. They asked us to get our invitation letter, passports, drivers license and PR-Card ready for the interview.

Then they lined us up in two lines. They called up names for one row (to be taken care of by one CO) and put all the others in the second row (to be taken care of by two COs). I am not sure why the split it up this way, maybe the first line was for the cases with clarification questions. I ended up in the first line (with the names called out). When it was my turn, I was asked to present the pieces of ID as well as the invitation letter and I signed the attached declaration in front of the officer. She then went through my passport and checked the stamps. At the same time she asked me about my job (what do you do, when did you start, etc.). She didn't want to see my language test original or anything else.

While she was checking the residency calculator dates, I mentioned to her that there are two dates in the calculation that are off by one day and gave here the correct dates. I got the impression, that she already knew and was just confirming as the net effect of the corrected dates was NIL (one time, I left Canada one day earlier, the other time, I actually returned 1 day earlier than indicated). I think she might have asked me about those two dates anyway, hadn't I brought it up (maybe this was the reason, why I was put in this line). Anyway, she was very nice and I think that bringing the error to her attention right away was the perfect thing to do.

She then handed me the invitation back and I was asked to join the others in the test room. They explained the test procedure and handed out the test sheet as well as the questions. We all started at the same time and were asked to hand in the questions as well as the test sheet once done. The test was assessed right away and we were told the results individually just outside the test room (20/20). Oath invitations are to be expected within 1-3 months.

Cheers,
dbo73
Thank you so much for sharing your experience and congrats for passing your test.

Do you have any idea about the application date of other test takers, if you were able to talk to any one of them ?

Wish you a speedy oath !

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
informatics said:
Thank you so much for sharing your experience and congrats for passing your test.

Do you have any idea about the application date of other test takers, if you were able to talk to any one of them ?

Wish you a speedy oath !
Hi informatics,

Thanks! I did talk to several other test takers, but did not specifically ask them about their application dates, so I can't tell, sorry.

DCyBP

May 1, 2015
dbo73 said:
Hi informatics,

Thanks! I did talk to several other test takers, but did not specifically ask them about their application dates, so I can't tell, sorry.
I think informatics is on the right track. If test takers are able to survey application dates from other test takers while they wait in line. And then report back to the forum, it would be another great source of information for everyone that is waiting...

My 2 cents.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
DCyBP said:
I think informatics is on the right track. If test takers are able to survey application dates from other test takers while they wait in line. And then report back to the forum, it would be another great source of information for everyone that is waiting...

My 2 cents.
Thanks DCyBP ! I will make sure that I am able to ask people about their timelines when I am called for test :D.....however , I am very unsure when its gonna happen as I am a September 2014 applicant and still waiting for my test notice ;) ;)

All the best !

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ronin47 said:
Yes. Me.
Application Sent: june 8
Received: June 16, 2014 ( i think it is a mistake on ECAS or on behalf of the staff, because my app def reached there signed and sealed after 3 days via purolator)
In process: August 08, 2014

Test: June 19th, 2015 ;D letter was mailed out May 27.
Thank you! Good to hear they are moving to June 2014. Hopefully more June applicants will get the test invitations.

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MFCalgary said:
I don't think so. Mine is scheduled for 1:00 pm that day. By then, you'll be happily back from the test and interview:)
MFCalgary,

How did your interview & test go?

Cheers,
Dbo73