+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
femzade said:
We (self, spouse, two kids) received invite to take the Oath of Citizenship. Letters dated 20 May and oath is for June 10.

My timeline again:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 10, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 10, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 16, 2014.

We sent you a notice on March 26, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 23, 2015 at 1:00 PM.

Wishing you all folks the best outcome as well.
Congratulations femzade! I'm hoping that I'll receive the good news soon!

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
costen24 said:
Hi, just a quick question. I have my test on monday, just tracking down all my original documents, and cant find my original work visa in one of my passports from before i had pr. I did send my application in with a photocopy of the work visa. my question is will i need this original or was it not even required when i applied for citizenship? and does anyone know if officers may have taken my work visa when i crossed the boarder and came back as a permanent resident? I cant remember if they took my work visa, and gave me the landing paperwork, or if they didnt take it, and i have since lost it? Thanks!
I have had three work permits and each time I crossed the border to re-enter they would remove the old and replace it with the new. The only one I still have was never stapled in, so they didn't notice that it slipped out when I landed for PR. I don't think they really care about WPs as having PR and maintaining residency is the qualifier for Citizenship anyway.

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
batmann said:
Congratulations femzade! I'm hoping that I'll receive the good news soon!
Thanks batmann. Sure you are next. As test dates are a week apart, lets hope you receive by end of next week.

Wishing you all the luck!!! :) ;)

Usyaid

Jun 12, 2014
hi my Citizen ship test on 4th June . Is any one have Discover Canada Chapter by Chapter questions answer?

please send it to me on gemofraza@hotmail.com thanks

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So Calgary office in idle mode again? I notice Edmonton has advanced to July 2014 leaving Calgary one of the most inefficient offices for years with no resolution from federal government. And we the people applying from Calgary cant do anything but to sit still and endure this injustice.

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
civic said:
So Calgary office in idle mode again? I notice Edmonton has advanced to July 2014 leaving Calgary one of the most inefficient offices for years with no resolution from federal government. And we the people applying from Calgary cant do anything but to sit still and endure this injustice.
Judging from the Calgary office spreadsheet, Calgary has improved over the last months. Statistics show that the time from 'in process' to 'test invitation' dropped from roughly 365 days and over for August 2013 applicants (and earlier) to now approximately 320 (in some cases even less) for the April 2014 applicants. While not as fast as other offices, at least the development is heading in the right direction.

smrit

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did my test today (passed) and I wanted to share my CIC Calgary test experience with you guys.

Test invitation was for 8:30.
They started lining up everyone around 8:15 and started checking the passports, landing paper, IDs etc. before the test (As I knew, they would do the test first).
They called names of 6-8 people and asked them to go to different counter than rest of the people (who knows why? :-\ ).
The interview/ documents check took so long that the test began after 10:15.
I found the test pretty easy as I had once studied the book thoroughly
(Suggestion for future test takers: Read the book first and do some online quizzes, you guys should be fine)
Another wait begins for me now..... ??? 8)

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
smrit said:
I did my test today (passed) and I wanted to share my CIC Calgary test experience with you guys.

They started lining up everyone around 8:15 and started checking the passports, landing paper, IDs etc. before the test (As I knew, they would do the test first).
They called names of 6-8 people and asked them to go to different counter than rest of the people (who knows why? :-\ ).
(Suggestion for future test takers: Read the book first and do some online quizzes, you guys should be fine)
Thanks for sharing your test/interview experience. And your timeline of September 2014 application to May 2015 test (8 months) is one of the fastest we have seen for Calgary and does harbour hope for other applicants. Wishing you a quick oath invitation.

gregmah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
smrit said:

what did they ask during the interview. what checks they did while reviewing the documents. With you and others

smrit

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gregmah said:
what did they ask during the interview. what checks they did while reviewing the documents. With you and others
As I know, Interview is all about testing whether you are able to do conversation in English or not. They took about 5 minutes & It was just casual talk in my case, I don't now about others though. They checked every page of my passport though, even the blank ones.

femzade said:
Thanks for sharing your test/interview experience. And your timeline of September 2014 application to May 2015 test (8 months) is one of the fastest we have seen for Calgary and does harbour hope for other applicants. Wishing you a quick oath invitation.
Thanks for the wishes.
It seems like they are sending test invitations to people who applied in MAY and SEP 2014 simultaneously. Since the application fee changed in AUG 2014, They started to catch up from last month sending invitations to AUG 2014 Applicants with APR 2014. It's kinda weird though.

mark1987

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Calgarians

My file has been transferred to calgary office since March 13 but after that no news.
Does anyone knows how long after the transfer it takes for the test? Is it possible to get the citizenship before December 20 according to my timeline.

Thanks and good luck to everyone.

aks96

May 9, 2015
Timeline

Family application
Application received April 10 2014
In process June 10 2014
Test letter may 5 2015
Test date may 27 2015

Self and spouse gave our tests successfully today. Easy and simple.

Interview was just casual conversation nothing serious.

PR cards, driving licence and landing document originals were verified. Passports (submitted during application) were verified and checked for entry/exit dates with residence calculator submitted during application. No documents verified for minor children.

Chingas

Aug 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Got called to write the test on June 9. I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone who posted practice test websites. Will report back and let you all know how it goes. Wishing everyone good news and the best of luck.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chingas said:
Hi Guys,

Got called to write the test on June 9. I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone who posted practice test websites. Will report back and let you all know how it goes. Wishing everyone good news and the best of luck.
congrats

Did you see the test date on ECAS?