+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

sarrmir

Jan 2, 2015
Hi there,

My timeline is probably the longest here.... they received it back in Oct 2011 ... ( almost 44 months ago)

I passed my exam back in late January 2015. I called the call center today and they said since my background check was expired they are redoing it again before they schedule me for the oath ceremony.

My question now is that if anyone knows how long would background check usually take?

Thanks you

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Calgary-timeliner said:
Femzade, Battman

Any news from your side about the oath invitation?? You should have received it so far
Calgary-timeliner,

Nothing yet from CIC. Checked the mail box yesterday and just checked ECAS and no new development. On a good note, haven't heard from anyone who did test between April 23 - 30 in Calgary receiving invite to oath. Few applicants with test dates between April 16 and 22 did receive and hopefully we will have positive updates next week.

Will share as soon as received.

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
godhelp said:
friends,

Has there been someone on this forum, who
had an US H1B visa on his passport, but did not
get a RQ. My case is I have active H1B visa on my passport,
but did not go to US for work on H1B visa. Please can someone throw light :(.

with regards,
Godhelp
I have Student F1 and working H1B visa in my passport. I worked on H1 b for 3 years in US before I came to Canada. I deactivated my H1-B before i moved to Canada. I applied for Canadian citizenship on March 2014 from Edmonton. I still did not get any RQ till now, however, I still did not get any test invite either.

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
femzade said:
Calgary-timeliner,

Nothing yet from CIC. Checked the mail box yesterday and just checked ECAS and no new development. On a good note, haven't heard from anyone who did test between April 23 - 30 in Calgary receiving invite to oath. Few applicants with test dates between April 16 and 22 did receive and hopefully we will have positive updates next week.

Will share as soon as received.
Maybe they are collecting all candidates for a huge Canada Day oath ceremony at heritage park

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgary-timeliner said:
Femzade, Battman

Any news from your side about the oath invitation?? You should have received it so far
Nothing from here yet!

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
dbo73 said:
Maybe they are collecting all candidates for a huge Canada Day oath ceremony at heritage park
dbo73,

I like your optimism (or is it sarcasm?) :) ;)

Anyway, I don't mind a Canada Day Oath taking. It will be epic!

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
Thanks Neel09 for sharing.

Its nice ur H1B was deactivated before moving
to Canada. My problem is I have an active
H1B visa on my passport. But I did not
use the visa to enter US, hence I dont
have any US stamp, showing H1B status.
Still, is simply having an active H1B stamp a
big deal. thanks Godhelp

costen24

May 21, 2015
Hi, just a quick question. I have my test on monday, just tracking down all my original documents, and cant find my original work visa in one of my passports from before i had pr. I did send my application in with a photocopy of the work visa. my question is will i need this original or was it not even required when i applied for citizenship? and does anyone know if officers may have taken my work visa when i crossed the boarder and came back as a permanent resident? I cant remember if they took my work visa, and gave me the landing paperwork, or if they didnt take it, and i have since lost it? Thanks!

FSWCEC

Star Member
Mar 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
costen24 said:
Hi, just a quick question. I have my test on monday, just tracking down all my original documents, and cant find my original work visa in one of my passports from before i had pr. I did send my application in with a photocopy of the work visa. my question is will i need this original or was it not even required when i applied for citizenship? and does anyone know if officers may have taken my work visa when i crossed the boarder and came back as a permanent resident? I cant remember if they took my work visa, and gave me the landing paperwork, or if they didnt take it, and i have since lost it? Thanks!
Even though I'm far behind the timeline, but I think I can answer this question. All of the working permits were taken away when you landed. Therefore, no one can provide this document unless the landing officer forgot to ask. So don't worry about it.

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
godhelp said:
Thanks Neel09 for sharing.

Its nice ur H1B was deactivated before moving
to Canada. My problem is I have an active
H1B visa on my passport. But I did not
use the visa to enter US, hence I dont
have any US stamp, showing H1B status.
Still, is simply having an active H1B stamp a
big deal. thanks Godhelp
I don't think you should have any problem related to HIB status as that has nothing to do with Canadian citizenship application. Since you never used your H1B it was never activated or else you would have got an I94 card at the port of entry with your arrival date stamp. Worst to worst case if you get RQ you should be fine as long as you show the passport stamps that match your entry/exit information in your citizenship application.

But its better to talk to your US employer or some attorney if your same H1B can be reused in the future should you need it.

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
We (self, spouse, two kids) received invite to take the Oath of Citizenship. Letters dated 20 May and oath is for June 10.

My timeline again:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 10, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 10, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 16, 2014.

We sent you a notice on March 26, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 23, 2015 at 1:00 PM.

Wishing you all folks the best outcome as well.

abidcro

Aug 14, 2009
femzade cognates I am so happy that u reached to the last stage of citizenship , u are really the star member of this discussion , please stay in touch with us after 10th June

Calgary-timeliner

Apr 8, 2015
femzade said:
We (self, spouse, two kids) received invite to take the Oath of Citizenship. Letters dated 20 May and oath is for June 10.

My timeline again:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 10, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 10, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 16, 2014.

We sent you a notice on March 26, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 23, 2015 at 1:00 PM.

Wishing you all folks the best outcome as well.
Congrats.

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
abidcro said:
femzade cognates I am so happy that u reached to the last stage of citizenship , u are really the star member of this discussion , please stay in touch with us after 10th June
Thanks abidcro. I have surely benefited from experience shared by members of the forum and will stay on to offer my 1 cent as well.