+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations to Usyaid and CGYFlames on the test invites.

This might be an interesting week for me - either positive or negative *a little bit concerned*...

Application received: 25 April 2014
Process started: 26 June 2014
Test invitation: outstanding

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UPDATE:

Just received my test invitation in the mail today: June 2nd

;D ;D ;D

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
dbo73 said:
UPDATE:

Just received my test invitation in the mail today: June 2nd

;D ;D ;D
Congrats dbo73. This is interesting. Test invite came just after your last posting. Wishing you the best with test and interview preparation. There are great resources that folks have shared on this thread that will help you with the test.

Is your ECAS updated yet with the test invite?

gregmah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
Folks

I have test invites for June 1. What documents do I have to take with me..what would they will ask me...

Do I need to take recent school records of kids

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
femzade said:
Congrats dbo73. This is interesting. Test invite came just after your last posting. Wishing you the best with test and interview preparation. There are great resources that folks have shared on this thread that will help you with the test.

Is your ECAS updated yet with the test invite?
Thanks! Yes, the invitation must have already been waiting in my mailbox while I was writing my first post ;). I did most of my test and interview preparation already, given that there is usually not much time between the invitation and the actual test (in my case: 1 1/2 weeks). Just checked my ECAS and yes, it got updated some time yesterday as it seems. According to ECAS, the invitation was sent on May 11, however I did not check the letterhead - just checked the test date 8).

gregmah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
dbo73 said:
Thanks! Yes, the invitation must have already been waiting in my mailbox while I was writing my first post ;). I did most of my test and interview preparation already, given that there is usually not much time between the invitation and the actual test (in my case: 1 1/2 weeks). Just checked my ECAS and yes, it got updated some time yesterday as it seems. According to ECAS, the invitation was sent on May 11, however I did not check the letterhead - just checked the test date 8).
How was your interview experience. what documents they ask you, what they asked you, and what else. My test is June 1

What documents should i take with me to the center

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gregmah said:
How was your interview experience. what documents they ask you, what they asked you, and what else. My test is June 1

What documents should i take with me to the center
gregmah, as my test will be one day after yours, I can't really help you with that. I will take all the documents they ask for in the invitation plus some additional supporting evidence regarding my travels (land border crossings without passport stamp) - e.g. credit card statements, travel itinerary. (there is not much else I can do as it was all vacation travel without any flights involved), maybe even employment letters, rental agreements and tax statements, will see.

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
gregmah said:
Folks

I have test invites for June 1. What documents do I have to take with me..what would they will ask me...

Gregmah,

See my previous posting on test experience via this link: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/normal-processing-times-from-calgary-office-t181601.0.html;msg4244635#msg4244635

You only need the original copies of documents you used to support your application. However, if it makes you comfortable, you can fit as many documents as possible in your back pack. The interviewing officer will only check whatever he or she is interested in.

Good luck with your test and interview.

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
friends,

Has there been someone on this forum, who
had an US H1B visa on his passport, but did not
get a RQ. My case is I have active H1B visa on my passport,
but did not go to US for work on H1B visa. Please can someone throw light :(.

with regards,
Godhelp

MFCalgary

Jul 8, 2014
Hi all,

My Ecas status just got updated with a test date for June 2nd. I haven't received the letter in mail yet though!

Citizenship App sent=> 04/23/14
Citizenship App rec'd => 04/25/14
Processing Started => 06/27/14
AOR in Mailbox / email => Aug 2014
Rcvd Line disappeared => Sept 2014
LOT Date => Oct 2014
Test Date => 06/02/15

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
gregmah said:
Folks

Gregmah

Did the test last week with my wife.

All the applicants were called into a room together and were asked to get ready our passports, PR cards, confirmation of landing document and Alberta Id (health card and driving licence). We were then called up in family groups by name. There were 3 desks with 3 sets of immigration officers all very friendly. When called to the front we showed our documents and apart from asking what job I did, no other questions were asked and no other documents asked for. We stayed in the same room for the test and were showed your mark as you left having previously been told we had all passed. . A few applicants names were called out after the test to have a individual chat outside and I would guess they all failed the test although there might have been another reason for the chat.

gregmah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
paw339 said:
Gregmah

Did the test last week with my wife.

All the applicants were called into a room together and were asked to get ready our passports, PR cards, confirmation of landing document and Alberta Id (health card and driving licence). We were then called up in family groups by name. There were 3 desks with 3 sets of immigration officers all very friendly. When called to the front we showed our documents and apart from asking what job I did, no other questions were asked and no other documents asked for. We stayed in the same room for the test and were showed your mark as you left having previously been told we had all passed. . A few applicants names were called out after the test to have a individual chat outside and I would guess they all failed the test although there might have been another reason for the chat.
With my letter of test invitation, prohibition under the citizenship act letter is also attached. Is that normal to everyone?

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
gregmah said:
With my letter of test invitation, prohibition under the citizenship act letter is also attached. Is that normal to everyone?
Everyone I saw had a "prohibition under the citizenship act letter" Sign it in front of the immigration officer

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MFCalgary said:
Hi all,

My Ecas status just got updated with a test date for June 2nd. I haven't received the letter in mail yet though!

Citizenship App sent=> 04/23/14
Citizenship App rec'd => 04/25/14
Processing Started => 06/27/14
AOR in Mailbox / email => Aug 2014
Rcvd Line disappeared => Sept 2014
LOT Date => Oct 2014
Test Date => 06/02/15
Might see you at 8:30 then ? :)