+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

Can143

Jan 21, 2015
Application details:

Application received April 9 2014
In process June 10 2014
Test letter may 8 2015
Test date may 27 2015

gregmah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
Hi Folks

They are very slow. I have a question to ask. I applied with my daughter and son (minor). My family is moving to Toronto by mid of June. My test date may be somewhere mid of June or end of June. My spouse is not eligible by this time.

During the day of test, do i need to take my kids to the center or i am supposed to go alone. they may reside in Toronto by that time

please advise?

CGYFlames

May 9, 2015
@gregmah, you do not need to take children to citizenship test. But, they have to attend the citizenship ceremony with you.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
CGYFlames said:
@ gregmah, you do not need to take children to citizenship test. But, they have to attend the citizenship ceremony with you.
I second CGYFlames , kids under 14 years are not required to attend the test but they should be present for the oath.

gregmah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
Ok... let them go to toronto and I will only go for the test...
can I request at the time of interview to arrange my oath in toronto or it has to be in calgary...we are in the slowest process office

aks96

May 9, 2015
Timeline

Application received April 10 2014
In process June 10 2014
Test letter may 5 2015
Test date may 27 2015

CGYFlames

May 9, 2015
gregmah said:
Ok... let them go to toronto and I will only go for the test...
can I request at the time of interview to arrange my oath in toronto or it has to be in calgary...we are in the slowest process office
I think you should be able to change your address on-line after the test. With the speed things are going in Ontario, you should not loose any time.

canbest

Oct 27, 2014
Hi, need some advise from Calgary test takers. Are we allowed to take cell phone and a handbag inside the test center at Harry Hays? Or do we have to keep them somewhere outside for the duration of the test? Thanks!

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
canbest said:
Hi, need some advise from Calgary test takers. Are we allowed to take cell phone and a handbag inside the test center at Harry Hays? Or do we have to keep them somewhere outside for the duration of the test? Thanks!
You are allowed to take all your personal effects - bags, documents, cell phones, tablets etc to the test hall. You can even read your books and scroll through the phone while waiting for the commencement of the test. Once test is about to begin, you will be asked to place everything on the floor and have your phones off.

canbest

Oct 27, 2014
femzade said:
You are allowed to take all your personal effects - bags, documents, cell phones, tablets etc to the test hall. You can even read your books and scroll through the phone while waiting for the commencement of the test. Once test is about to begin, you will be asked to place everything on the floor and have your phones off.
Thanks very much!

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all,

I had a quick look at the Calgary spreadsheet yesterday and noted that the formulas got messed up due to sorting. I did revert the spreadsheet to the last version where the spreadsheet was still correct (especially to first four lines). It has happend to me as well earlier (thankfully I noted it and was able to revert it): be carefull not to include the first 4 lines when you do a sort as it might otherwise change the formulas and subsequently the estimated dates.

Cheers,
dbo73

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Emq25ueiJJ9coxst2YC7sszqAhFJi_B3r2Q1sd6Y29s/edit?pli=1#gid=120467648

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
femzade said:
Hi femzade,

Have you received the oath invitation letter yet?

Thanks.

batman

gregmah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
batmann said:
Hi femzade,

Have you received the oath invitation letter yet?

Thanks.

batman
Folks

Looks like that calgary office conducts test once in a month. i could see that one test was conducted on April 30 and the next is may 27.

Am I correct...?

Last test invite was for april 10...they have no fixed formula..

abidcro

Aug 14, 2009
one of my friend who

applied in early april 2014
received his test invitation , his test will be in late may

he don't know his IN PROCESS and LOT date