+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
batmann said:
Thanks. Yes, the CIC official checked the stamps on my passports. I had a couple of stamps issued within the last four years that were not in English or French. The official just asked me about my trips but didn't ask about the stamps. I didn't translate the stamps to English, but I when I handed my boarding passes to her she said that she didn't need them.
Congrats MR.BATMAN

medopharm

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
Interview........
22-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01- 2016 Alhmdullelah
LANDED..........
20-01-2016
batmann said:
Thanks medopharm and alexdive :). Hope both of you receive the test invitation soon. Good luck :) :)
My test May12
How was the questions? ?
thanks

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
medopharm said:
My test May12
How was the questions? ?
thanks
Congratulations medopharm.
The test wasn't hard. As long as you read the book for a couple of times and do the online practice tests, you will pass the exam.
Good luck with your test :)

medopharm

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
Interview........
22-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01- 2016 Alhmdullelah
LANDED..........
20-01-2016
batmann said:
Congratulations medopharm.
The test wasn't hard. As long as you read the book for a couple of times and do the online practices test, you will pass the exam.
Good luck with your test :)
Do you have a link for a good online tests
thanks

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
medopharm said:
Do you have a link for a good online tests
thanks
I practiced the online tests using the links below...

http://citizenshipcounts.ca/quiz
http://www.toptipsclub.com/Citizenship_Test_Index_KB.asp
http://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/
http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/calgary_alberta_citizenship_test.php
http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/games/how/index.asp?utm_source=slash-canadian2&utm_medium=short-url&utm_campaign=articles

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dont know why we should be happy for the movement of CIC Calgary to Sep 2014 applicants. I mean that's a good thing for these people but not a normal thing for the people standing in queue. Remember the vast majority of pre-sep 2014 have not been processed yet and surely nobody knows why they are working like that.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
civic said:
I dont know why we should be happy for the movement of CIC Calgary to Sep 2014 applicants. I mean that's a good thing for these people but not a normal thing for the people standing in queue. Remember the vast majority of pre-sep 2014 have not been processed yet and surely nobody knows why they are working like that.
informatics said:
I don't think the whole CIC Calgary has started working on post August 2014 files. As per my understanding , may be just to bring Calgary's recent applicants timelines in line with the rest of the country ,they might have assigned a couple of officers to process files for this time frame. However, the rest of the officers would be working on the Pre -September files. Please be advised that recently a May 2014 applicant has received test notice ....so don't worry , you are almost there.

CIC has a history of working parallel on files submitted during different time frames especially for the PR process. So they are following the same pattern. However, honestly I really feel that things should be done in FIFO order and the people who are waiting before us should be processed before us. Having said that , I wish all of us no matter when did anyone apply, a smooth and speedy processing.

All the best !
Very true ! Although , I am a September 2014 applicant , still I totally agree with you . My previous post establishes that .

freetorch

Mar 19, 2015
Dear Friends,
My application was received on Oct 24 before my passport is expired since Oct. 29, 2014. Is this going to be an RQ along the process and do I need to renew my passport?
Thanks in advance.

Citizenship: Family Application
Application sent: Oct. 18, 2014
Application received: Oct.24, 2014
AOR: Dec. 23, 2014
In Process: Dec. 28, 2014
LO Transfer: Jan 05, 2015
Test date: Waiting
Oath date: Waiting

Khan1122

Apr 27, 2015
ronin47 said:
Me too. I applied mid-June last year. I was planning to go home for the summer, haven't gone back for 3 years now and it is uni summer holidays (such a long break), but decided against going, because I don't want to miss the test in any case.

Better not take the risk.
Thank you very much Informatics and ronin47 for you valuable suggestions. I called CIC and told the issue to the call center agent. He put me on hold for about 20 seconds and said he doesn't see the invitation lined up for next 4 weeks or so, he also sent me an email on what to do if we are expecting test invite and have to travel. So for most of the April 2014 applicants, it seems we'll be getting test invites somewhere by end of May or beginning of June. Best of luck to every one!

Thanks and regards,

Khan1122

Baher_2014

Nov 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
femzade said:
Baher_2014, congrats on your oath invite. Seems test to oath invitation is at the lower end of 1 - 3 months always indicated after the test/interview. By the way, having come this far, why will you not attend your oath and have to re-schedule. For me, this will rather take priority and everything else can wait. :) ;)
Femzade,

I have a prescheduled vacation for that week and I dont want to miss. I dont think there will be any problem with changing the oath date, although I called them and there were only two ways of communication with CIC : 1. by Fax and 2. by Mail and there will be no confirmation of receiving your request to change ceremony date. Now I am waiting for their mail otherwise I have to call them to get a confirmation that they are changing my ceremony date.

Cheers,

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
freetorch said:
Dear Friends,
My application was received on Oct 24 before my passport is expired since Oct. 29, 2014. Is this going to be an RQ along the process and do I need to renew my passport?
Thanks in advance.

Citizenship: Family Application
Application sent: Oct. 18, 2014
Application received: Oct.24, 2014
AOR: Dec. 23, 2014
In Process: Dec. 28, 2014
LO Transfer: Jan 05, 2015
Test date: Waiting
Oath date: Waiting
Freetorch
You don't need a valid passport, problems really occur when you have lost your passport.

My wife's passport is expired and we have our test in just over a week, no RQ and our application is considered routine.

YYC101

May 1, 2015
freetorch said:
Dear Friends,
Thanks in advance.

Is this going to trigger an RQ?

Unfortunately, no one can answer that for you. So just relax and go with the flow.

do I need to renew my passport?

No, unless you are planning to travel outside the country.

smrit

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Calgarians,
I got my ecas updated today saying that I have been invited to test on May 27, 2015, but have't received the mail yet.
Calgary CIC is upto something, I can tell. ;) :eek: ;D

weneedchanges

Aug 15, 2014
Sir/Madam:

I am writing to express my concerns regarding citizenship applications processing at CIC Calgary. Calgary has been known for years as one of the most insufficient CIC offices in Canada with the longest wait time for citizenship. With new citizenship policies and new fee structure, most of the CIC offices in Canada have been able to clear the backlog and finalize routine cases within 6-12 months, but Calgary is currently still calling March 2014 files for test invitations, which is over a year delay just for the stage of knowledge test.

This slow processing pace, added by the randomness in processing order that has been recently observed: CIC Calgary is calling September 2014 files for test, leaving files that were submitted before Sep 2014 in limbo, contradicts with the basic operational principle of CIC, which is first come first serve.

This office needs to reviewed for its performance as well as administrative management. There are a large community of immigrants living in Calgary and such a mistreatment from federal government will for sure shrink the strong base of Conservatives party in Calgary, comes the next election, as a result of CIC Calgary incompetency.

CIC Calgary - citizenship department - is working with the style like nobody is above and is watching how they perform!

Regards,
Hi everyone,

I wrote this email to CIC and CBC and the email was somehow escalated to the news reporter Jennifer Lee in Calgary. The reporter just contacted me and is looking for more information to build the story here in Calgary, hopefully to broadcast this issue on CBC Calgary News. Any suggestion how we should advance? This is a good chance for CIC Calgary to become more transparent.