+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
femzade said:
Great news batmann. Congratulations. Hope you receive invite to oath soon. We keep fingers crossed.
Thanks femzade. It will be my turn after you have received your oath invitation. Okay, we will keep our fingers and toes crossed!

Cheers :)

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
informatics said:
Greattttttt ! Congrats !

Would you like to share any details about your interview ?

Wish you a speedy oath :D :D :D

Thanks
Thanks informatics :).

I was there too early at 7:50 am, the door didn't open until 8:15am. Totally about 50 people took the test, I didn't see anyone over the age of 55.

When we walked into the room, one of the officials asked us to prepare our IDs; including landing documents, PR card, passports and a piece of Alberta ID. She also asked us to have a seat, they will call our name to go for the interview and verify our documents. Families were separated, they were not allowed to sit together.

My test room was in a conference room on the main floor. There were 3 officials, one male and two females.

When one of the female officials called my name, not BATMAN okay ;D ;D, I went to meet with her. She asked me for my IDs and asked me about 5 or 6 generic questions. The official was very nice and friendly. I was nervous and shaking, she said that you are very nervous and told me to take a deep breath. My interview and document verification took about 3 minutes. Some people took a longer time.

We started our written tests at about 9:50am, one of the female officials explained the exam rules and procedures.

There were a couple of people that finished in around 3 minutes, me too, but I took another 2 minutes to double check my exam. After we were done the test and handed in our answers to a CIC Clerk, we left the room and she passed our tests to a different official for marking.

We waited outside of the test room for the test results. The female official who interviewed me got 5 peoples' results in our group and told us our scores. She also told us that we all passed the test and we should wait for 1 to 3 months for the oath invitation letter.

It will be your turn soon dude, good luck! :)

sonu966

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called CIC today to check the date of my oath ceremony if it has been decided yet. The agent told me that they have changed their policy to tell the status of an application if they are still under the 24 month processing time. He told me that they have done it to reduce the waiting time to answer the phone call as some people call then every day or every week to check the status ;)

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
batmann said:

I was there too early at 7:50 am, the door didn't open until 8:15am. Totally about 50 people took the test, I didn't see anyone over the age of 55.

When we walked into the room, one of the officials asked us to prepare our IDs; including landing documents, PR card, passports and a piece of Alberta ID. She also asked us to have a seat, they will call our name to go for the interview and verify our documents. Families were separated, they were not allowed to sit together.

My test room was in a conference room on the main floor. There were 3 officials, one male and two females.

When one of the female officials called my name, not BATMAN okay ;D ;D, I went to meet with her. She asked me for my IDs and asked me about 5 or 6 generic questions. The official was very nice and friendly. I was nervous and shaking, she said that you are very nervous and told me to take a deep breath. My interview and document verification took about 3 minutes. Some people took a longer time.

We started our written tests at about 9:50am, one of the female officials explained the exam rules and procedures.

There were a couple of people that finished in around 3 minutes, me too, but I took another 2 minutes to double check my exam. After we were done the test and handed in our answers to a CIC Clerk, we left the room and she passed our tests to a different official for marking.

We waited outside of the test room for the test results. The female official who interviewed me got 5 peoples' results in our group and told us our scores. She also told us that we all passed the test and we should wait for 1 to 3 months for the oath invitation letter.

Thank you so much for the good wishes :D :D :D :D

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hkalltheway said:
Hi All,

I will be applying for citizenship today. Two co-workers just got test dates from CIC Calgary and they applied in September 2014. Their test dates came days apart and both tests are in May. Here's hoping for Calgary speeding up! :)
Hard to believe they move that fast! It is not quite good to me because if this is true they are SKIPPING the files, process things randomly out of nowhere. If Sep 2014 gets test calls and previous months do not, there is a big problem with CIC Calgary.

mevisbleek

Star Member
Jul 18, 2009
batmann said:

Congrats Sir. One quick question, when you went for the test did the CIC agent check the stamps in your passport?

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
civic said:
Hard to believe they move that fast! It is not quite good to me because if this is true they are SKIPPING the files, process things randomly out of nowhere. If Sep 2014 gets test calls and previous months do not, there is a big problem with CIC Calgary.
I don't think the whole CIC Calgary has started working on post August 2014 files. As per my understanding , may be just to bring Calgary's recent applicants timelines in line with the rest of the country ,they might have assigned a couple of officers to process files for this time frame. However, the rest of the officers would be working on the Pre -September files. Please be advised that recently a May 2014 applicant has received test notice ....so don't worry , you are almost there.

CIC has a history of working parallel on files submitted during different time frames especially for the PR process. So they are following the same pattern. However, honestly I really feel that things should be done in FIFO order and the people who are waiting before us should be processed before us. Having said that , I wish all of us no matter when did anyone apply, a smooth and speedy processing.

All the best !

DCyBP

May 1, 2015
Dear Future Citizens,
I've been a long time reader of the post, first time poster.
While I have no news regarding my application. I wanted to share what I see as great news.

A good friend of mine who was under RQ got his test letter. Details: Application sent in May-13, RQ in Jan-14, Test will be May 19, 2015. He had been RQ'd because he spent months working out of the Country for a Canadian company, and he claimed those days as part of his PR days (I'm not quite sure of the details of this part).

Bottom line, he was expecting his timeline to be much longer....

Mine? App. Rec. Sep 9, 2014. IP Nov 12, still waiting for anything else,

Thanks to all of you, this forum is priceless.

YYC101

May 1, 2015
Long journey comes to a new start with my Oath yesterday at Harry Hay's. There were about 83 new citizens (1 didn't show up) from 25 different countries. They let us in around 7:45am and asked for letter, driver's license for identification and PR card (which they kept it). Judge started opening remarks around 8:30am and was very polite and kinda inspiring talking about how today is one of the best days of our lives and our responsibilities and duties as new citizen. Encouraged everyone to vote this provincial elections on May 5th and do volunteer work and pay back to the community. Did Oath in both official languages, presented the certificates and ended the ceremony with closing remarks. 9:15am we were done. Judge was available for pictures after that.

Application received: mid of Dec 2013
Process started: mid of Feb 2014
Test Date: end of Feb 2015
Oath Date: end of April 2015

Total process took around: 16.5 months - double the time it took me to get my PR..

Calgary seems to be doing better now. Good luck to everyone.

gregmah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
Folks

I called and asked about my test date. They said that you are in the next Q. You will get the test invite soon

What does that mean

Applied April 2014
started processing June
fingerprinting on Sep 11

Any advise

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

been a passive follower....I checked my online status and surprised to see the test invite scheduled for may 20th

my timeline

applied: sep 8 2014
email acknowledged: nov 20 2014
started processing : dec 16
LOT calgary : dec 18th
test invite: april 28 2015
test schedule : may 20 2015

Thanks

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
emceemouli said:
Guys,

been a passive follower....I checked my online status and surprised to see the test invite scheduled for may 20th

my timeline

applied: sep 8 2014
email acknowledged: nov 20 2014
started processing : dec 16
LOT calgary : dec 18th
test invite: april 28 2015
test schedule : may 20 2015

Thanks

Nice :)

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mevisbleek said:
Congrats Sir. One quick question, when you went for the test did the CIC agent check the stamps in your passport?
Thanks. Yes, the CIC official checked the stamps on my passports. I had a couple of stamps issued within the last four years that were not in English or French. The official just asked me about my trips but didn’t ask about the stamps. I didn’t translate the stamps to English, but I when I handed my boarding passes to her she said that she didn’t need them.

medopharm

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...