+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
smrit said:
One of my friends applied in August 2014 (A MONTH BEFORE ME), also received test letter for May 13 yesterday. I haven't heard anything. It seems like Calgary CIC is working harder...
Looks like the applicants who applied after August 1st , date when the new decision making model was implemented ,are getting test invites before the pre-August 1st applicants.

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone knows if Calgary office has speed up RQ applicants also and how much time they are taking.

khebra

Dec 27, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
informatics said:
@ Khebra did your wife receive email AOR ? @ Smrit ,I have got the same question for you regarding your friend .

Thanks
She got letter by mail and her ecase updated with the date of test as well

khebra

Dec 27, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khebra said:
She got letter by mail and her ecase updated with the date of test as well
I think all the applications start with file# c0000 are faster now.

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
I recently submitted by citizenship application. My application status shows received by Nova Scotia office dated last week.
Related to amendment of the 'Street and apt number' while answering question 6E,
I promptly composed a short letter with the corrections and sent the letter to below address.The call center agent 1-800 number
asked me to do this. Not sure if call center agent guided me to correct address, as the
below looks like a general address. Kindly share ur views.

Mail address
CPC-Sydney
P.O Box 12,000
Sydney, NS
B1P 7C2

Thanks,
Godhelp

loveucanada

Aug 12, 2010
Hi friends,

Thank you for all your sharing. Here is mine.
Submitted on Jun 24, 2014
Received on July 3, 2014 (I didn't use overnight delivery)
AOR on Aug 24, 2014 (IP on same day)
Received book in late Sep 2014
Called call center two weeks ago and got that file was transferred to CGY in Nov 2014 (but my e-case doesn't have this piece of info)
Still waiting for invitation letter to do the test.
Am a bit of confused about the timeline for the next step. Should I expect to hear from local CIC in September (a year after the AOR) or now (per the comments that "CGY becomes very fast") or November (a year after file transfer)? My case is very straightforward. I haven't relocated to any other place since I landed as FSW and spent no more than three weeks outside the country every year. I don't think there's any issue for CIC to need extra to do investigation. Anyway, thank you for your response!

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
godhelp said:
I recently submitted by citizenship application. My application status shows received by Nova Scotia office dated last week.
Related to amendment of the 'Street and apt number' while answering question 6E,
I promptly composed a short letter with the corrections and sent the letter to below address.The call center agent 1-800 number
asked me to do this. Not sure if call center agent guided me to correct address, as the
below looks like a general address. Kindly share ur views.

Mail address
CPC-Sydney
P.O Box 12,000
Sydney, NS
B1P 7C2

Thanks,
Godhelp

Hi Godhelp!

I am not 100% sure as I used courier ,however I believe the address you mentioned is for general Mail. The specific address for citizenship should be as under:

Grants
CPC-Sydney
P.O. Box 7000
Sydney, NS
B1P 6V6

In addition, do not forget to write the words "Citizenship Grant Adult" on the envelope as it will help CIC to guide it to the concerned department .

All the best !

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
loveucanada said:
Hi friends,

Thank you for all your sharing. Here is mine.
Submitted on Jun 24, 2014
Received on July 3, 2014 (I didn't use overnight delivery)
AOR on Aug 24, 2014 (IP on same day)
Received book in late Sep 2014
Called call center two weeks ago and got that file was transferred to CGY in Nov 2014 (but my e-case doesn't have this piece of info)
Still waiting for invitation letter to do the test.
Am a bit of confused about the timeline for the next step. Should I expect to hear from local CIC in September (a year after the AOR) or now (per the comments that "CGY becomes very fast") or November (a year after file transfer)? My case is very straightforward. I haven't relocated to any other place since I landed as FSW and spent no more than three weeks outside the country every year. I don't think there's any issue for CIC to need extra to do investigation. Anyway, thank you for your response!
Hi,

As per my understanding and some research (based on very limited data ), CIC Calgary follows Date received instead of LOT. So you should be expecting your test according to your received date , hopefully before September due to Calgary's recent progress.

Here is just one example where applicants had different LOT months but same received one , however they received test dates in the same month, April.

Femzade :Application Received - March 10 2014. In Process Date - April 16 2014. LOT Date - July 2014

Batmann: Application Received-- March 12, 2014. In Process Date: April 24, 2014 LOT Date : May 21, 2014

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
Thanks Informatics for kind suggestion.
Anyhow I already send the letter to Citizenship
general address PO Box 12000. I did not
write 'Grant of Citizenship' on the envelop,
but did write My application Number on the envelop: C000...
Hope they can still make sense out of it and attach my amendment
to my application file. I simply thought that for all future correspondence
example notifying of amendments etc--po box 12000 is the correct office. :(,
and only for strictly sending application one has to send it to po box 7000

with regards,
Godhelp

smrit

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
informatics said:
@ Khebra did your wife receive email AOR ? @ Smrit ,I have got the same question for you regarding your friend .

Thanks
Yes, My friend had received AOR in email.