+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
femzade,

Thank you for the detailed description and congratulations on your score.

Would you mind sharing which countries you have been to and which stamps you translated?

I have stamps from Dubai (UAE) and Singapore, and from previous posts, they seem to be sufficient without translation.

Thanks,
dbo73

hozelek

Feb 12, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
medopharm said:
thanks for explanation
but the problem is I do not have any copies from my application I only have the original documents like passport,pr,...etc
I do not know what should i do???

Another question
in my passport i have one stamp ...should i translate it before the test day ??
thanks for help
You don't need to worry, application forms are not required. They request the originals of the supporting documents included in the application such as landing document, PR Card, passports, ID cards, degrees, diplomas, proof of English proficiency, school record, etc.In my case they did not check everything. As femzade explained in details above they checked PR card, landing document, driver's license and passports.

They match the dates of stamps on your passports with the residency calculator dates. If the officer can read the dates you may not need to translate them. However, if the stamps are in different kind of letters than Latin alphabet (Arabic, Cyrillic, Hebrew, etc) it is better to get them translated. This will save some time in your process. I had Turkish stamps on my passport and a friend of mine had Russian stamps on his passport, officers did not require any translation.

medopharm

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
Interview........
22-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01- 2016 Alhmdullelah
LANDED..........
20-01-2016
hozelek said:
You don't need to worry, application forms are not required. They request the originals of the supporting documents included in the application such as landing document, PR Card, passports, ID cards, degrees, diplomas, proof of English proficiency, school record, etc.In my case they did not check everything. As femzade explained in details above they checked PR card, landing document, driver's license and passports.

They match the dates of stamps on your passports with the residency calculator dates. If the officer can read the dates you may not need to translate them. However, if the stamps are in different kind of letters than Latin alphabet (Arabic, Cyrillic, Hebrew, etc) it is better to get them translated. This will save some time in your process. I had Turkish stamps on my passport and a friend of mine had Russian stamps on his passport, officers did not require any translation.
thanks for your quick response
congrats for everybody who passed the exam

khebra

Dec 27, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgary office really become very fast.
My wife applied on Sep 2014 and the file transferred to Calgary in Dec 18 2014 and she got the exam letter today and the test will be on May 13th.

So good

hozelek

Feb 12, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mask said:
Does anyone from end of March or beginning of April test taker received oath letter?
I took the test on April 7 and have not got any letter for the oath ceremony yet. One of my friends took the test on February 18 and his oath ceremony will be on April 28, so it is approximately two months after the test.

Calgary-timeliner

Apr 8, 2015
khebra said:
My wife applied on Sep 2014 and the file transferred to Calgary in Dec 18 2014 and she got the exam letter today and the test will be on May 13th.

So good
I don't think this is a general conclusion, as non of April 2014 applicants have been invited for taking the test in Calgary yet . Maybe, your wife's case is exceptional. ::) ::)

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
khebra said:

So good
Really !!!!!!! I cant believe this Khebra :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:......I remember I share the same application date as yours and your wife ....so should I also expect to receive something soon 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Is there anything special with your wife's case like any request for a speedy processing ??? Besides, did she receive AOR through email or regular mail ??? I am assuming that you are residing in Calgary ....right ?

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
batmann said:
Hi femzade,

Congratulations :);D Thank you very much for share your experiences :D ;D.

I don't have time to translate the stamps are not in English or French on my passports, but I have all the boarding passes that I traveled for the last 4 years. Is that ok?

Congrats and thanks again :)
batmann, you are very welcome and many thanks for felicitation :)

Great that you have the boarding passes - if these match the stamps and the officer can make sense of it, should be okay. I translated mainly because of my trip to Saudi Arabia. It is two full pages of Arabic in my passport and I did not want to take any chance not translating.

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
dbo73 said:
femzade,

Thank you for the detailed description and congratulations on your score.

Would you mind sharing which countries you have been to and which stamps you translated?

I have stamps from Dubai (UAE) and Singapore, and from previous posts, they seem to be sufficient without translation.

Thanks,
dbo73
Hello dbo73, I will defer to hozelek posting where he already explained the languages that will need to be translated. I did travel to UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and had so many Arabic insertions and stamps in my passport that I thought was wise to translate and I am glad I did.

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
informatics said:
Really !!!!!!! I cant believe this Khebra :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:......I remember I share the same application date as yours and your wife ....so should I also expect to receive something soon 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Is there anything special with your wife's case like any request for a speedy processing ??? Besides, did she receive AOR through email or regular mail ??? I am assuming that you are residing in Calgary ....right ?
Informatics, Khebra's wife timeline is quite possible as this is the second case we will be hearing about in about 1 month for Calgary Office. American_expat timeline from application to oath took about 8 months!! This portends good news for all as it means if it is possible for two Calgary applications, it will not be difficult to achieve 6 months total processing time. Afterall we are already seeing 4 to 6 months for our Ontario colleagues.

hozelek

Feb 12, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
femzade said:
Sharing my test experience for those that may be interested

Interview and test scheduled for Thursday April 23 at 1.00pm
Attended with between 50 - 60 other citizenship applicants
Arrived at test venue by 12:30 and met about 15 people already waiting
The lead officer announced commencement of screening at 12:45 and asked for the following documents to be ready for examination
- Test invitation letter
- Copy of Landing Document
- Original PR Card
- Another form of ID - could be drivers' license, Health card etc
- All original passports covering the residency period claimed on application
We were then lined up and processing and interview commenced
Ours is family application and self and spouse were interviewed together.
All the aforementioned documents were checked and the second page of the invitation letter had to be signed in the presence of the interviewing Officer. Dont worry if you already signed this, you will only be required to sign again to enable the officer witness your signature
Officer was meticulous on checking your entry and exit stamps (as applicable) and checking these against the residence calculator which you submitted with application
I had a number of stamps in Arabic having travelled to a few Middle Eastern countries. I already had these translated and certified and Officer was quite impressed and said something about if I did not have these she would have requested me to go translate (this should save me a couple of weeks)
A few conversation to test my English language skills
Each person is processed for between 3 to 5 minutes. If you have many trips, the processing could be longer as all stamps in your passport will be checked against residency calculator
After being processed, you are asked to take a seat in the test auditorium - family members not allowed to sit together
Test itself commenced 2.27pm and you are allowed 30 minutes to complete 20 questions - pass mark being 15.
You are allowed to hand your paper in once you finish and take a seat in the front to allow the officer to mark your paper
Marking is quick and efficient and takes between 2 - 3 minutes, after which another officer quietly takes you out, show you your marks and tell you to expect oath invitation in 1 -3 months or be contacted if any additional document is required.
Test questions are all from Discovery Canada book and I scored 20/20
I am now looking forward to oath invitation

I found the videos made by CitizenCan particularly helpful to prepare me for the test and if your learning style is similar to mine, I highly recommend the videos available via this link (www .youtube. com/playlist?list=PLvgaZIzIgbIfOmA09P7tfz5fjrrUtl4lf)

All the best to other test takers :) ;)

Congrats femzade!
Now we are on the same boat, waiting for the ceremony :)

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
femzade said:
Informatics, Khebra's wife timeline is quite possible as this is the second case we will be hearing about in about 1 month for Calgary Office. American_expat timeline from application to oath took about 8 months!! This portends good news for all as it means if it is possible for two Calgary applications, it will not be difficult to achieve 6 months total processing time. Afterall we are already seeing 4 to 6 months for our Ontario colleagues.
Thanks femzade for being that positive .I really hope that Calgary is able to continue with this processing speed for the rest of the applicants.

Wish you a speedy oath !

smrit

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One of my friends applied in August 2014 (A MONTH BEFORE ME), also received test letter for May 13 yesterday. I haven't heard anything. It seems like Calgary CIC is working harder...

informatics said:

khebra

Dec 27, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smrit said:
One of my friends applied in August 2014 (A MONTH BEFORE ME), also received test letter for May 13 yesterday. I haven't heard anything. It seems like Calgary CIC is working harder...
I also can't believe but we applied can in normal way . Think the new c-24 force them to finish from the current applications fastly

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
khebra said:

So good
smrit said:
@Khebra did your wife receive email AOR ? @ Smrit ,I have got the same question for you regarding your friend .

Thanks