+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
I called to day to learn that my citizenship had been approved and I had been placed on a waiting list for the oath. That what the call centre agent, I spoke to, said. I passed my exam on the 17 of February.

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Q1 2014 (Jan, Feb, March) applicants, any update? Any January/February 2014 submitted date received invitation to test yet?

My timeline:

Calgary Office
Application submitted - March 7 2014
Received - March 10 2014 - We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 10, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
In process - April 16 2014
LOT date (advised by CIC agent when I called) - July 2014
Test Date - Waiting

Fanta_Nov

Jan 6, 2015
RussCan said:
I called to day to learn that my citizenship had been approved and I had been placed on a waiting list for the oath. That what the call centre agent, I spoke to, said. I passed my exam on the 17 of February.

Hi RussCan,

Congrats, I called them one last Friday they said my file is complete and with higher ranking officer and might get oath letter any time, when I called today a different agent said nothing called approved until one gets oath, and did not offer any details.......very unfortunate get a bad agent one phone. Anyways just wondering if he clearly said Approved ??

Thanks
Fanta_Nov

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
femzade said:
Q1 2014 (Jan, Feb, March) applicants, any update? Any January/February 2014 submitted date received invitation to test yet?

My timeline:

Calgary Office
Application submitted - March 7 2014
Received - March 10 2014 - We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 10, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
In process - April 16 2014
LOT date (advised by CIC agent when I called) - July 2014
Test Date - Waiting
Nothing from here!

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
Fanta_Nov said:
Hi RussCan,

Congrats, I called them one last Friday they said my file is complete and with higher ranking officer and might get oath letter any time, when I called today a different agent said nothing called approved until one gets oath, and did not offer any details.......very unfortunate get a bad agent one phone. Anyways just wondering if he clearly said Approved ??

Thanks
Fanta_Nov
She said a decision had been made. I think you need not to worry. I will get your invitatation this week likely.

Fanta_Nov

Jan 6, 2015
a.R, wsm_al, Texan, shozee or all who got your oath by now,

I hope you saw RussCan's recent post that call center agent told him, his file has been approved and in queue for oath - when I called today call center agent was not willing to provide more details, he said your file looks good and would soon receive a oath letter when and where to go. He said that I am reached to a stage where no more info can be disclosed. Is this good or bad? I stressed him to see if he can say that my file is approved, he says sorry sir you are at a point no details can be disclose further but you will receive your letter.....not sure what this means.

Just wondering what was your experience when you called Call Center just before you got your oath letter, did they ever mention that you were approved and are in Oath queue for date schedule?

Thanks
Fanta_Nov

Born-confused

Oct 18, 2014
I just called and the agent said it is irrelevant that decision is made on your application or Not
but no oath ceremony has been scheduled yet , it could be done tomorrow or can go up to Nov 2015.

Fanta_Nov

Jan 6, 2015
Born-confused said:
I just called and the agent said it is irrelevant that decision is made on your application or Not
but no oath ceremony has been scheduled yet , it could be done tomorrow or can go up to Nov 2015.
Exactly - similar answer to me, I believe they approved it and placed in the queue.

Stillwaiting0710

Oct 7, 2014
Fanta_Nov said:
Exactly - similar answer to me, I believe they approved it and placed in the queue.
pls refer to my previous notes. i had the same experience and received the letter a week later.
I would not worry, i think some agents enjoy making other people worry..

wait for couple of weeks, if you have not received the letter call again

Baher_2014

Nov 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tdolphin said:
2014-01-30 -> 2014-03-18 -> 2015-03-30

That's awesome! Congratulation tdolphin! Did you receive the letter or did you call them?

yesterday1234

Aug 26, 2014
femzade said:

My timeline:

Calgary Office

Received - March 3 2014 - We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 3 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
In process - April 11 2014

Test Date - Waiting

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
@yesterday1234 - Thanks for posting your timeline. Quite similar to mine. Please keep us updated if you hear anything - test date etc