+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Hi ,

Calgary is too slow :mad: :mad: :mad:.........One of Scarborough office applicant who applied in september 2014 is already done with the test. I applied at the same time however I do not expect to take my test by the end of 2015 or so :mad: :mad:

I was just wondering is there any 2014 Calgary office applicant who has received his test invite ?

thanks

last.fortune.last

Apr 15, 2014
Msafiri said:
Enjoy your travels....your concern until oath date is to avoid being inadmissible...don't breach the RO and don't break the law.
Hello Msafiri,

You mean I could travel as long as I am here for the oath? The oath is after 5 weeks.

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
last.fortune.last said:
Hello RussCan,

Sorry for that. I did not understand Misafiri answer completely. That is I asked again.
My bad. I realize I came across as condescending. Sorry. It's my frustration with feeling as being a second class citizen in Alberta compared to Eastern Canada when it comes to the processing time. I was just taking my frustration upon you. Sorry for that....

shozee

Apr 24, 2014
Right,

I had my test today at 8 am in Calgary (Harry Hays Building). We arrived at office at 0745 this morning and were lined up. There was a fairly long queue of about 50 people. Not all of them appeared for test.
We were asked to hold our identity documents and passports in our hands with invitation letter for quick processing. There were 3 officers and they can not be more than 3 as there were only 3 desks.
5-10 mins for every applicant. If you are going with your spouse, both were called and interviewed at the same desk.
What I observe during the interview was that if you are going to get RQ, it will already be in the mind of officer. Our officer has already written questions on a paper about our case and we were asked the same questions.
Although, you can provoke RQ by not showing your passports and stamps to officer.

Officer seemed to know every bit of our case and he had studied our case thoroughly and so were the questions he asked.
Only relevant to your 3 years stay and current work.
After about 5-10 mins we were told to go to Test room which was apparently a ceremony room.

After test, we were shown our answer sheet and passing marks and were asked to leave and wait for the ceremony letter which should be arriving in 1 to 3 months.

AlexRox

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
shozee said:
Right,

I had my test today at 8 am in Calgary (Harry Hays Building). We arrived at office at 0745 this morning and were lined up. There was a fairly long queue of about 50 people. Not all of them appeared for test.
We were asked to hold our identity documents and passports in our hands with invitation letter for quick processing. There were 3 officers and they can not be more than 3 as there were only 3 desks.
5-10 mins for every applicant. If you are going with your spouse, both were called and interviewed at the same desk.
What I observe during the interview was that if you are going to get RQ, it will already be in the mind of officer. Our officer has already written questions on a paper about our case and we were asked the same questions.
Although, you can provoke RQ by not showing your passports and stamps to officer.

Officer seemed to know every bit of our case and he had studied our case thoroughly and so were the questions he asked.
Only relevant to your 3 years stay and current work.
After about 5-10 mins we were told to go to Test room which was apparently a ceremony room. The test was knowledge + English Language test. English language in a sense that the wording was not super easy to understand. You got to have a good knowledge of English if you want to pass it.

After test, we were shown our answer sheet and passing marks and were asked to leave and wait for the ceremony letter which should be arriving in 1 to 3 months.
Hi Shozee,
Did you get all your stamps translated ( Chinese, mexican ,etc) ?
Thanks

Fanta_Nov

Jan 6, 2015
All Senior members / people who go test so far,

I am new to this forum but a frequent reader of this thread. my application details are as below however with my test notice we have received a from PROHIBITIONS UNDER THE CITIZENSHIP ACT - CIT0039(02-2008)E, is this normal ? did everyone get this form with your test notice, its wired and not sure why they sent it to us.

Application sent on September 19th 2013
Received September on September 23rd 2013
Processing Started in January 7th 2014
File Transferred in first week of March 2014(no exact date).
Test notification received on 19th December2014 for the test on 27th January 2015 at 10:30 pm

shozee

Apr 24, 2014
Hi Alex

I had few stamps in my passports from UAE and they did not need to be translated as the part of the stamp was in Arabic and part was in English.

sgimmy

Jun 12, 2014
shozee said:
Right,

The test was knowledge + English Language test. English language in a sense that the wording was not super easy to understand. You got to have a good knowledge of English if you want to pass it.
I guess all questions are from discover canada..do you mean there are questions that check your proficiency in english

shozee

Apr 24, 2014
No, there were no questions of English grammar, What I meant is that English language used in the test is not easy, All questions were from Discover Canada.

shozee

Apr 24, 2014
Fanta,

Take it easy. Its normal, Everyone gets this questionnaire with the invitation and you need to sign it when you go for your test and hand it over to the officer in front of the officer.