+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

Calgary_NewB

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
smrit said:
From your research, Can you tell how long would it take to receive test date from the date it's transferred to Calgary office in general?
My file was transferred to Calgary office today.
The answer may sound discouraging to you. The January 2014 applicants are still waiting for their test dates, so it could be over half a year.

Hopefully it's less than that!

Cheers

smrit

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you! All we can do now is hope for the best, I guess!

Calgary_NewB said:
The answer may sound discouraging to you. The January 2014 applicants are still waiting for their test dates, so it could be over half a year.

Hopefully it's less than that!

Cheers

smrit

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"Want-to-be Canadians frustrated by citizenship processing delays"
The Star: DEC 30, 2014

www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2014/12/30/wanttobe_canadians_frustrated_by_citizenship_processing_delays

Check this Out

jeune

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys how are you?happy new year
that is my information when i had check on line

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 23, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 23, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 8, 2014.
................................................................................

file transferred to Calgary office in march 2014
i received rq in march and i sent it in April 2014

when i was visiting my home home country after i applied my file to citizenship, i lost all of my documents in my home country and i came back with travel document.after that they sent me rq but unfortunately i lost all of my documents in my home country, is that could cause any delay in my processing time especially i lost my home country passport with stamps . please i need u answer me

Calgarynaija

Feb 25, 2014
Hey Guys
Is there anyone else still waiting for a status update for test or oat? or am i the only one left in our group? :(
My application is being processed in Calgary, is there anyone is similar situation (from western canada)?

Jay_

Oct 8, 2014
Calgarynaija said:
Hey Guys
Is there anyone else still waiting for a status update for test or oat? or am i the only one left in our group? :(
My application is being processed in Calgary, is there anyone is similar situation (from western canada)?
Hi,

Don't worry, I too am Nov 2013 applicant and waiting for a test invite :)

S_J

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
I'm also a Nov 2013 (family) applicant. Still waiting for the test invite. The progress I have seen for October 2013 applications seems promising. Hopefully the remainder of 2013 applicants will get the Test Invites soon.

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
FYI, I received 2 different info. from 2 agents one said my application was already sent to the local office. The other agent said it's still in Sydney and never been reviewed. So today I phoned CIC again and asked for the supervisor to explain why this has happened.

I was confirmed by the supervisor that my application is still at Sydney.

I've been very confused by CIC.

Cheers,

ChekFsts

Oct 11, 2014
Hi guys,

I have been following this topic for awhile now

I need help. I submitted my app late June. I called cic today to check file status and determine LOT date. The agent said the file has been transferred to the local office when I asked about the LOT date he said he doesn't have that information and it is not showing on my file. I asked to be transferred to a supervisor agent refused and said supervisors does not take calls anymore and this is not Fido or bell Canada you can speak to supervisor whenever you want to.
Any idea how can I determine the LOT date of my file ? How to deal with the cic cs to get that information from them ?
Known that my ecase does not show that information either

Thanks and I appreciate your feedback.

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
ChekFsts said:
Hi guys,

I have been following this topic for awhile now

I need help. I submitted my app late June. I called cic today to check file status and determine LOT date. The agent said the file has been transferred to the local office when I asked about the LOT date he said he doesn't have that information and it is not showing on my file. I asked to be transferred to a supervisor agent refused and said supervisors does not take calls anymore and this is not Fido or bell Canada you can speak to supervisor whenever you want to.
Any idea how can I determine the LOT date of my file ? How to deal with the cic cs to get that information from them ?
Known that my ecase does not show that information either

Thanks and I appreciate your feedback.

I agree with you, CIC call center agents sometimes forget that they are speaking to their customers.........forget the fact that their bread and butter comes from our hard earned money in the form of taxes. Not all agents are bad, few months back I spoke to a lady, she was real angel helped me with so much patience and provided the best she could....again I spoke to !@!@#!@#$@# like the one in your case ;D , better bet would be try again and see if you can find a better agent this time. Usually they can find the Sydney outbound date to local office or receiving date in Calgary(if this is your local office).

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YYC_CICGUY said:
I agree with you, CIC call center agents sometimes forget that they are speaking to their customers.........forget the fact that their bread and butter comes from our hard earned money in the form of taxes. Not all agents are bad, few months back I spoke to a lady, she was real angel helped me with so much patience and provided the best she could....again I spoke to A! @ holes like the one in your case ;D , better bet would be try again and see if you can find a better agent this time. Usually they can find the Sydney outbound date to local office or receiving date in Calgary(if this is your local office).
Wow The agent is an a.....hole, i dont talk to them just order ur ATIP report will help u more

ChekFsts

Oct 11, 2014
[quote author=YYC_CICGUY link=topic=181601.msg3902030#msg3902030 date=1420649523

Hi guys,

I Called again and this time the agent told me the LOT date is the same date my file become in progress as shown on my ecase ? Could that be true ? I told him the LOT will usually be shown on a separate line on the ecase ? He said that is what is shown on his end LoT is the same day file become in progress ?

Shouldn't the ecase show a separate note confirm the LOT ? Because mine doesn't have any ?

If not, then the agent is wrong and I have to call again

CGYguy

Aug 1, 2013
Hey guys, late November 2013 applicant here, LOT is March 2014, still no status update. Do you think at this stage it is safe to say no RQ will be required? From what I can see RQs are issued just after LOT.