+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
wsm_al,

What happened to your post, why did you withdraw it ? are you worried about your identity ?? Any ways goodluck with your invitation and post us back once you receive the invite letter.

YYC

Jay_

Oct 8, 2014
FZB said:
Hi

I am a silent observer of this forum but never got registered. I must say that this forum is really helpful and people here are doing great job.

I applied for Canadian Citizenship in August 2013 from Calgary and they started processing it on 12th Nov 2013. The file was transferred to Calgary in March, 2014

Today I called CIC and was informed by the agent that my test has been scheduled for 5th January, 2015. But the problem is that i have not received the test invitation letter yet. The mailed it out on 28th November, 2014.

I asked the agent about it and he told me that i have to go the test regardless whether you receive the letter or not. He also mentioned the documents to bring on the day of test.

I am confused now and want some suggestions from people here.

Thanks
FZB
Hi FZB,

If I may ask, when in Aug, 2013 did you apply. I applied Nov 7, 2013 - your application date may allow me to better estimate when I could expect a test invite.

Thanks!

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
FZB said:
Hi

I am a silent observer of this forum but never got registered. I must say that this forum is really helpful and people here are doing great job.

I applied for Canadian Citizenship in August 2013 from Calgary and they started processing it on 12th Nov 2013. The file was transferred to Calgary in March, 2014

Today I called CIC and was informed by the agent that my test has been scheduled for 5th January, 2015. But the problem is that i have not received the test invitation letter yet. The mailed it out on 28th November, 2014.

I asked the agent about it and he told me that i have to go the test regardless whether you receive the letter or not. He also mentioned the documents to bring on the day of test.

I am confused now and want some suggestions from people here.

Thanks
FZB
Whats the confusion? Just go and give the test. You have enough time to get the documents that the agent mentioned.

SaffaMan

Jan 12, 2014
Hi all

This will be my final post. This is my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 13, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 13, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on September 17, 2013.

We sent you a notice on September 19, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 14, 2014 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on October 26, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 18, 2014 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Total processing days: 555 (18.5 months), family application, no RQ.

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
Has any Calgary AOR email received applicant ever gotten test invitation recently???

Cheers,

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Got the test invite. Letter dated Dec 18th, test on Jan 23rd. I'm back from vacation on Jan 16th so they scheduled it accordingly. I need to translate some arabic and a turkish stamp, any suggestions where I can get them from?

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
a.R. said:
Got the test invite. Letter dated Dec 18th, test on Jan 23rd. I'm back from vacation on Jan 16th so they scheduled it accordingly. I need to translate some arabic and a turkish stamp, any suggestions where I can get them from?
a.R,

That's Awesome news to hear...congratulations !!!, I am hoping I would receive mine by Monday or Tuesday....Have a great vacation and everybody in this group enjoy holidays.

Thanks
YYC_CICGUY

Baher_2014

Nov 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a.R. said:

Congratulation a.R.

Texan01

Mar 10, 2010
a.R. said:
Guys, i got a letter dated Dec 18, 2014 for citizenship test. Test will be on Jan 20, 8AM.

Maria Ash

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
a.R. said:
Comgrats a.r so happy for u that u got the news before ur holidays thts awsome
Cheers all 8) :)

Maria Ash

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
a.R. said:
A.r. Regarding stamp translation I google it as I had a few as well
Just google calgary stamp translation and u will get it they have a cic accept thing as well the translation people
n u might want to call them early as possible as they have long wait times