+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Funke said:
Got letter for citizenship oath today for February 5th 2015 at 10am
cant believe Calgary office notify applicants for oath 2 months in advance!!!
good luck

adam2681976

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Dear all,

Any one knows how long does it takes the fingerprints to be received at CIC office in Calgary after doing it with the commissioner office ?

i did my test Oct 20th, November 15 Received letter to do another fingerprints, i did it 17th and they said will take 2 weeks to be received at CIC office in Calgary.

but when i called CIC office they said no update, nothing received,

would you share your experience regarding the fingerprints time line

thanks

Paukman

Jan 13, 2009
I did my fingerprints sometime in April. In the office they told me that it will be sent to Ottawa and back and they will send it in my name to Calgary office.
Also they said it will take min. 2 weeks, more likely 3.
I checked aprox. 4 weeks after that and Calgary office told me they have it.

fortmacresident

Nov 3, 2014
Has there been any news or updates on the current processing times for Calgary? Hard to believe they are so far behind other parts of the country in the time to process.

Is there any indication that the process will speed up in 2015?

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
fortmacresident said:
Has there been any news or updates on the current processing times for Calgary? Hard to believe they are so far behind other parts of the country in the time to process.

Is there any indication that the process will speed up in 2015?

"An Improvement only possible if people are willing to improve, irrespective other variables if they don't it wouldn't happen" Clearly there is no accountability / transparency in process....god knows when we all get our citizenships.

abidcro

Aug 14, 2009
I think there is some improvement , previously we were watching people waiting for 3 to 4 years , now its 1.5 to 2 years , so hopefully once the back lock is finished we will see more speed

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
Hi All- Can somebody please give me the contact email id for CIC ? I looked online and could not find one. I am going outside the country for 3 weeks and have to notify them. Thanks in advance.

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
wsm_al said:
Hi
I called CIC today and they told me that my test is scheduled for Jan 5th,2015 at 1:30 pm . They told me that they mailed out my test invitation letter on November 28 . I have not received the letter yet and my online status is not updated yet . I am not sure if there is a delay in the mail delivery due to the holiday season ?
Did anyone experience that delay in the mail??
Thanks
Could you share us your timeline please?

Maria Ash

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
wsm_al said:
Hi
I called CIC today and they told me that my test is scheduled for Jan 5th,2015 at 1:30 pm . They told me that they mailed out my test invitation letter on November 28 . I have not received the letter yet and my online status is not updated yet . I am not sure if there is a delay in the mail delivery due to the holiday season ?
Did anyone experience that delay in the mail??
Thanks

Congrats finally some good news for March LOT
If u don't recieve ur letter than pls call cic as this happened to my sister her letter was mailed to her old address

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Not so fast..............

LOT is not a key factor when calling for test, we have several people here from Jan/Feb still waiting for their test.

shozee

Apr 24, 2014
Right

I called CIC today and the woman told me that my file is in progress and some of the background checks have expired and that is the reason that CIC Calgary has not invited me to test. She said, I should be contacted soon for test but first those checks need to be re-doing.
I asked her if background checks take 3 months to complete, she said " Not all of them". So, I am guessing that who ever applied in April 13 and have not received test invitation so far, their back ground checks have expired already.

FZB

Dec 16, 2014
Hi

I am a silent observer of this forum but never got registered. I must say that this forum is really helpful and people here are doing great job.

I applied for Canadian Citizenship in August 2013 from Calgary and they started processing it on 12th Nov 2013. The file was transferred to Calgary in March, 2014

Today I called CIC and was informed by the agent that my test has been scheduled for 5th January, 2015. But the problem is that i have not received the test invitation letter yet. The mailed it out on 28th November, 2014.

I asked the agent about it and he told me that i have to go the test regardless whether you receive the letter or not. He also mentioned the documents to bring on the day of test.

I am confused now and want some suggestions from people here.

Thanks
FZB

can_aussie

Sep 2, 2014
FZB said:
Hi

I am a silent observer of this forum but never got registered. I must say that this forum is really helpful and people here are doing great job.

I applied for Canadian Citizenship in August 2013 from Calgary and they started processing it on 12th Nov 2013. The file was transferred to Calgary in March, 2014

Today I called CIC and was informed by the agent that my test has been scheduled for 5th January, 2015. But the problem is that i have not received the test invitation letter yet. The mailed it out on 28th November, 2014.

I asked the agent about it and he told me that i have to go the test regardless whether you receive the letter or not. He also mentioned the documents to bring on the day of test.

I am confused now and want some suggestions from people here.

Thanks
FZB
You can do the following :
1. Check if status updated on ECAS , you will print the status on Ecas and provide that as proof.
2. you will document the name and conversation you have with the CIC officer and use that as reference.

applic2013

Jul 11, 2014
You don't need to do any thing but go to the test and show your ID. They have your name in the list and don't really care about the invitation letter. I did the same. Just take with you every documents related to your application. Please don't forget to take all your new and old passports.
Good luck