+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

adam2681976

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
did you guys experience that after the test you receive finger print request ? if so does that delay the rest of the procedures ?
pls advice

Maria Ash

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Funke said:
Interview was just few minutes. The lady asked if I was working and asked to see my PR card, old passports, driver's license or health card, landing papers. I think the interview is just to find out if one can speak English cause the lady beside me was asked by interviewer to say a little bit about herself. All in all it was ok but they were very particular about seeing all old passport
Congrats funke on ur test regarding passports u mentioned old passports what about the current passport as we just renewd ours this August2014 n we applied for citizenship last year nov 2013
Would appreciate ur answer

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Funke said:
Interview was just few minutes. The lady asked if I was working and asked to see my PR card, old passports, driver's license or health card, landing papers. I think the interview is just to find out if one can speak English cause the lady beside me was asked by interviewer to say a little bit about herself. All in all it was ok but they were very particular about seeing all old passport
Congrats

Funke

Oct 1, 2008
Maria Ash said:
Congrats funke on ur test regarding passports u mentioned old passports what about the current passport as we just renewd ours this August2014 n we applied for citizenship last year nov 2013
Would appreciate ur answer
Same with me as well. Just renewed my passport, I gave it to the interviewer and she said she didn't need to see it. But I will take all passports that I have if I were u

Maria Ash

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Funke said:
Same with me as well. Just renewed my passport, I gave it to the interviewer and she said she didn't need to see it. But I will take all passports that I have if I were u
e

Thank you for your response and yesi will be taking all my documents n passports

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just called CIC, my application was transferred to the Calgary office on May 21, 2014.
I updated my stats on the timeline spreadsheet but I was afraid to touch it in case I messed it up. My apologies if I screwed up the sheet.

Baher_2014

Nov 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey,

I just called CIC to check my application status. They told me that you still have to wait for your test, however the last update on my profile was my RCMP clearance which was received on April, 14, 2014. Here is my timeline:

Citizenship ~ Single application
Local Office: Calgary
Date Received: Jan 30, 2014
Date Processing Started: March 18, 2014
Local Office Received: April 8, 2014
RCMP Clearance Received: April 14, 2014

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
wsm_al & a.R,

You both are next in line, goodnews should come from you first........check and see with call center if they have any update.

Thx
YYC

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
YYC_CICGUY said:
wsm_al & a.R,

You both are next in line, goodnews should come from you first........check and see with call center if they have any update.

Thx
YYC
No updates. I called CIC again today and they said nothing new in my file. I asked them if anyone from Calgary has reviewed my file yet, they said they can't tell because the system doesn't give details if anyone has started working on the file.
They told me as this point, no issues appear on my file and it is just the matter of waiting for the test to be scheduled which can take up to 24 months. However, if any documents are requested at anytime in the future, it will turn the application to non-routine which will take 36 months. Changing the application from routine to non-routine can be at any time of the process even after the test.
Last thing they mentioned, they don't understand why some applications are processed faster than others. May people applied in the same week or even the same day but some of them get the test notification way later than the others with no known reason.
They just advised me to wait until to be called for the test or submit more documents if CIC decides to request more docs.
Waiting Patiently now :)

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Yeah, nothing on my end either. I'm kinda concerned about my background checks. Even if i was to get a test invite today, the test date wont be for another two weeks (mid dec) and it takes around 3 months to get an oath and right around that time my background checks will be expiring. I think we in this for the long haul. Incompetent CIC has no idea how to allocate resources in an efficient manner.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anything new for YYC?

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hi

My neighbours who are a 2011 applicants , got Rqed in 2012 , took their test on 28th October , got their oath letter in 2nd week of November to take the oath on 18th of Dec.