+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
adam2681976 said:
Dear all,

i applied to my Citizenship Sept 2011, no news till September 2014, when i called the call center, they said it will take up to 44 months,
October 5th 2014 i received a letter to write the citizenship exam (Calgary side),
i passes the exam 18th of October, and the test supervisor at CIC office told us you will receive the oath Letter with in A month to 3 Months, One of my friends took the exam the same day with, was contacted to go for the Oath,
i said i will give a try and check my file, i called the call Center, they told me the same story about it will take 44 month and contact us in My 2015 if you didnt hear from CIC.

now i'm completely confused is this normal after the test you wait 7 month to hear from CIC ?

please advice

thanks for everyone .
did you get RQ? what is the reason ? was there anything unusual in your case?

adam2681976

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
wsm_al said:
did you get RQ? what is the reason ? was there anything unusual in your case?
yes i received the RQ December 2012, completed and sent back January 2013,
Nothing up normal in my file, i was refugee and didn't leave the country from 2003 to 2012,

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cic undercover agent said:
Thanks for the response.But did you say" you dont think CIC will give me an RQ if im moving to another province unless if im going to hell??? Meaning???
call them easy as that

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Folks,

Something terribly wrong with Calgary office, all other offices improving pretty fast, while eastern provinces are completing the process in 7months for testing, and Edmonton and BC offices are doing great, the Only and our unlucky/inefficient office is going backwards.....soon it will end up 24months or more. Whats wrong with you ? enough slept wakeup ....

:mad: :mad:

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a.R. said:
Shozee, Dreamchaser and Texan any news on your guys end? Did you guys call CIC recently?
i called them today n they say um in line at calgary office

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YYC_CICGUY said:
Folks,

Something terribly wrong with Calgary office, all other offices improving pretty fast, while eastern provinces are completing the process in 7months for testing, and Edmonton and BC offices are doing great, the Only and our unlucky/inefficient office is going backwards.....soon it will end up 24months or more. Whats wrong with you ? enough slept wakeup ....

:mad: :mad:
not true edmonton is really slow compared to calgary

ardmsseeker

Sep 8, 2014
Hi ,

I do appreciate if anyone has idea about , after take oath and apply for passport ,but before to get passport ,i may leave .So ,can i get my passport via consulate if i am not in Canada and USA .Is it possible .plz let me know

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ardmsseeker said:
Hi ,

I do appreciate if anyone has idea about , after take oath and apply for passport ,but before to get passport ,i may leave .So ,can i get my passport via consulate if i am not in Canada and USA .Is it possible .plz let me know
u can apply before leaving The country and get it within 24hrs u just pay extra money and so u will use ur home passport to travel?

shozee

Apr 24, 2014
Yeah, I called earlier this week. Lady asked my home address and then she said "what? What is Citizenship?Where is Calgary? We do not have any city named as Calgary and there is no citizenship office over there? You should call your country of residence for citizenship and do not bother again to waste my time. .............Never mind,,,,,In (very very very long) Process

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
shozee said:
Yeah, I called earlier this week. Lady asked my home address and then she said "what? What is Citizenship?Where is Calgary? We do not have any city named as Calgary and there is no citizenship office over there? You should call your country of residence for citizenship and do not bother again to waste my time. .............Never mind,,,,,In (very very very long) Process
Thats odd. You sure you had the right number?

garyfaifai

Aug 15, 2014
Cic undercover agent said:
Congratulations buddy and all the best hey.Do you mind sharing your timeline? I have a few questions? Was it exactly 24 months or less?? And im.actually moving to the Okanagan this coming february,my application is a single one and as straightforward as can be and i applied in February 10 with my in process date starting on march 28.Would transfering my application delay me in any way? Do i risk getting an RQ from Calgary office or the vancouver cic? And do they really investigate out of province address changes thoroughly??And whats the best time to notify Cic so they can initiate transfer procedures? And i assume Vancouver will take over my application and i can expect a faster response? Sorry ..i dont mean to overshadow your joy,i noticed your post the second i was about to ask these questions.Comgrads again.
Thank you! I can share my timeline from e-cas and please see below. As of today my e-cas have not changed to decision made from the oath ceremony but I did apply the Canadian passport today at Harry Hays building and my citizenship record has already been updated in the government system.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 30, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 30, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 1, 2013.

We sent you a notice on July 18, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 12, 2014 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on October 3, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 6, 2014 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on October 10, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 4, 2014 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I applied in Jan 2013 and the total time is around 21 months. Logically I would say there may be some sort of small delay if you are transferring your case to a different location based on the LOT time. Again it is only based on my assumption but it should not be a big concern as far as being RQ. Always contact CIC as soon as you can for any changes and that's all you can do to make your case process smoother. From the Vancouver applicant post I notice that Vancouver CIC has been progressing faster in terms of test notification and oath so maybe you have a better chance of getting your citizenship faster than Calgary. Hope it helps!

garyfaifai

Aug 15, 2014
YYC_CICGUY said:
In one of your recent posts you mentioned your oath date as 6th Nov and how come you finished it yesterday ?? did they call you asked you to come 2 days early ??
My oath ceremony was scheduled in Nov 6th originally and the notification letter was received Oct 6th. A week later I received another notification letter saying my schedule date has been moved to Nov 4th instead. Did not receive any calls from CIC Calgary. I am guessing they want to fill in as many people per ceremony section as possible. Also notice they have 2 if not 3 sections in a day for oath ceremony.

Maria Ash

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Hi everyone this is a complaint line for cic we can complain online this is the link on cic website

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx?_ga=1.217419286.1426307697.1413050530

can_aussie

Sep 2, 2014
Maria Ash said:
Hi everyone this is a complaint line for cic we can complain online this is the link on cic website

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx?_ga=1.217419286.1426307697.1413050530
Done today.

Also we can send tweet to minister. I believe all Calgary/Edmonton applicants should do so.
https://twitter.com/MinChrisA