+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

garyfaifai

Aug 15, 2014
Had my oath ceremony yesterday at Harry Hays.

I was one of 80 applicants from 33 different countries who sworn the oath and received the citizenship certificate. Ceremony was at 8 am and people started to lined up just after 7:30 am to have all the paper work done. PR card was taken away by citizenship staff at the point. Ceremony started at around 8:20 am and one of the citizenship staff was the MC for the event. Judge Joe Woodard was the judge who in charge for the oath and handing out certificate. He gave some pretty good remarks about being a citizen of this country and also remind us to remember for those who sacrifice their lives for our freedom today. The whole ceremony took about an hour and we were done by 9:30 am. You can take as many pictures as you want during the whole ceremony and the judge was also available after the ceremony for additional pictures taken. Judge Woodard was very nice and even spent some time talking to each applicants when handing out certificates. Before the ceremony end we were reminded to wait two business days before applying for passport as to the government system needs to refresh and add our name in the citizenship record. Also for each new citizen we would receive a cultural access pass and have free access to all national parks and museum across Canada for one year. You can register online and pick up at their designated location.

Overall it was a nice experience and mixed emotion for me as I waited for almost two year to complete the citizenship process. I was just like many of you that were frustrated about the slow process time here in Calgary. At the end of the day when it is all done you can look back and say all these time is worth the wait to get the citizenship. Good luck to all of you! :)

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
garyfaifai said:

I was one of 80 applicants from 33 different countries who sworn the oath and received the citizenship certificate. Ceremony was at 8 am and people started to lined up just after 7:30 am to have all the paper work done. PR card was taken away by citizenship staff at the point. Ceremony started at around 8:20 am and one of the citizenship staff was the MC for the event. Judge Joe Woodard was the judge who in charge for the oath and handing out certificate. He gave some pretty good remarks about being a citizen of this country and also remind us to remember for those who sacrifice their lives for our freedom today. The whole ceremony took about an hour and we were done by 9:30 am. You can take as many pictures as you want during the whole ceremony and the judge was also available after the ceremony for additional pictures taken. Judge Woodard was very nice and even spent some time talking to each applicants when handing out certificates. Before the ceremony end we were reminded to wait two business days before applying for passport as to the government system needs to refresh and add our name in the citizenship record. Also for each new citizen we would receive a cultural access pass and have free access to all national parks and museum across Canada for one year. You can register online and pick up at their designated location.

Overall it was a nice experience and mixed emotion for me as I waited for almost two year to complete the citizenship process. I was just like many of you that were frustrated about the slow process time here in Calgary. At the end of the day when it is all done you can look back and say all these time is worth the wait to get the citizenship. Good luck to all of you! :)
Congratulations!!

Nov 5, 2014
garyfaifai said:

Congratulations buddy and all the best hey.Do you mind sharing your timeline? I have a few questions? Was it exactly 24 months or less?? And im.actually moving to the Okanagan this coming february,my application is a single one and as straightforward as can be and i applied in February 10 with my in process date starting on march 28.Would transfering my application delay me in any way? Do i risk getting an RQ from Calgary office or the vancouver cic? And do they really investigate out of province address changes thoroughly??And whats the best time to notify Cic so they can initiate transfer procedures? And i assume Vancouver will take over my application and i can expect a faster response? Sorry ..i dont mean to overshadow your joy,i noticed your post the second i was about to ask these questions.Comgrads again.

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
In one of your recent posts you mentioned your oath date as 6th Nov and how come you finished it yesterday ?? did they call you asked you to come 2 days early ??

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Citizenship and Civic Participation Workshop: Calgary Library

Saddletowne:Thursdays, Nov. 27 and Dec. 4 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.

Shawnessy: Saturdays, Nov. 22 and Nov. 29 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.

Village Square: Saturdays, Dec. 6 and Dec. 13 1 - 4 p.m.

Summary: Learn about Canada with the purpose of preparing yourself for the Citizenship Exam in this in-depth workshop. Attendance is required for both sessions. In partnership with Immigrant Services Calgary.
Audience: Adults

can_aussie

Sep 2, 2014
batmann said:
Hi,

Citizenship and Civic Participation Workshop: Calgary Library

Saddletowne:Thursdays, Nov. 27 and Dec. 4 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.

Shawnessy: Saturdays, Nov. 22 and Nov. 29 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.

Village Square: Saturdays, Dec. 6 and Dec. 13 1 - 4 p.m.

Summary: Learn about Canada with the purpose of preparing yourself for the Citizenship Exam in this in-depth workshop. Attendance is required for both sessions. In partnership with Immigrant Services Calgary.
Audience: Adults
It would have been better if Immigrant Services Calgary writes to CIC Calgary to improve the timelines and not let applicants waiting for years without any reason. Instead of having these workshops they should have hire more judges that will streamline the citizenship process. Strange thing is that CIC minister belongs to Alberta the province with poor processing times. Chris Alexander should have to focus on his home province.

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can_aussie said:
It would have been better if Immigrant Services Calgary writes to CIC Calgary to improve the timelines and not let applicants waiting for years without any reason. Instead of having these workshops they should have hire more judges that will streamline the citizenship process. Strange thing is that CIC minister belongs to Alberta the province with poor processing times. Chris Alexander should have to focus on his home province.
I totally agree with you. I am going to attend this workshop and ask them about the timeline of Calgary! Chris Alexander doesn't care about his home province, he gets enough votes from AB.

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
batmann said:
I totally agree with you. I am going to attend this workshop and ask them about the timeline of Calgary! Chris Alexander doesn't care about his home province, he gets enough votes from AB.
Chris Alexander is not elected from Alberta, but from Ajax/pickering Ontario

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cic undercover agent said:
Ladies and Gentleman,please reply my post.I really need answers,any contribution is appreciated.Thanks.
call the call centre and tell ur moving n u want ur file transferred to ur current location , also I don't think they give RQ because of moving places unless u going hell i don't see any problem

AlexRox

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
YYC_CICGUY said:
Chris Alexander is not elected from Alberta, but from Ajax/pickering Ontario
I saw in another thread that 2014 February applicants from Surrey, BC office had got the test invitations. Surrey used to be as slow as Calgary, but it seems they have improved.

Nov 5, 2014
mimi23 said:
call the call centre and tell ur moving n u want ur file transferred to ur current location , also I don't think they give RQ because of moving places unless u going hell i don't see any problem

Thanks for the response.But did you say" you dont think CIC will give me an RQ if im moving to another province unless if im going to hell??? Meaning???

adam2681976

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Dear all,

i applied to my Citizenship Sept 2011, no news till September 2014, when i called the call center, they said it will take up to 44 months,
October 5th 2014 i received a letter to write the citizenship exam (Calgary side),
i passes the exam 18th of October, and the test supervisor at CIC office told us you will receive the oath Letter with in A month to 3 Months, One of my friends took the exam the same day with, was contacted to go for the Oath,
i said i will give a try and check my file, i called the call Center, they told me the same story about it will take 44 month and contact us in My 2015 if you didnt hear from CIC.

now i'm completely confused is this normal after the test you wait 7 month to hear from CIC ?

please advice

thanks for everyone .