+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

JoeYYC

Jan 18, 2014
When I called my MP, the assistant stated that they did not know that Calgary office is slow. I told her just compare Ontario offices with 7-8 months to Calgary with more than 20 months for non-routine applications. If you compared RQ applications, things are worse. She has no clue about that. The worst thing is, after inquiring, she told me that Calgary will be down to only ONE JUDGE, with no replacement in the foreseeable future. She also told me that Calgary has a wave of new applicants, possibly due to the better economic situations here.

We need to talk to our MPs, and if possible to the press, and express our frustration about the difference between Calgary processing time and the rest of Canada, mainly Ontario.

AlexRox

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
I also believe talking to the media as a group is the best bet. Shall we get together to do this ? Thanks

fortmacresident

Nov 3, 2014
Hi I sent my application off last month from Fort Mac. Been following this thread and its amazing how far behind Calgary are at processing. Do any of you know if my application will go through Calgary or Edmonton as Im not sure there is an office in Fort McMurray to process it.

Thanks

JoeYYC

Jan 18, 2014
AlexRox said:
I also believe talking to the media as a group is the best bet. Shall we get together to do this ? Thanks
I commend that; however, not all people, for different reasons, are ready to go to the press.

We can start by each of us contacting his/her MP and expressing our frustration about Calgary processing time. I did. And the assistant heard this in non-ambiguous terms that why the hell Calgary has one of the worst processing times, if not the the worst all over Canada. What adds salt to injury is many of the influential people in the government are from Calgary. I even told her, this makes us wonder if it is deliberate to have less and less naturalized citizens in Calgary.

pondering.in.prairies

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoeYYC said:
I commend that; however, not all people, for different reasons, are ready to go to the press.

We can start by each of us contacting his/her MP and expressing our frustration about Calgary processing time. I did. And the assistant heard this in non-ambiguous terms that why the hell Calgary has one of the worst processing times, if not the the worst all over Canada. What adds salt to injury is many of the influential people in the government are from Calgary. I even told her, this makes us wonder if it is deliberate to have less and less naturalized citizens in Calgary.
Its called classified information, you are not supposed to say it out loud. What happens in Calgary, stays in Calgary!!!

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fortmacresident said:
Hi I sent my application off last month from Fort Mac. Been following this thread and its amazing how far behind Calgary are at processing. Do any of you know if my application will go through Calgary or Edmonton as Im not sure there is an office in Fort McMurray to process it.

Thanks
FortMac covered by Edmonton Office.....if it helps there is a noticeable trend of applicants in so called satellite towns e.g Fort Mac getting scheduled for tests well before those in the Local Office ironically so they don't have a backlog. If your application is routine then you may be done in 15 months...Edmonton norm is 22+ months!!

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoeYYC said:
When I called my MP, the assistant stated that they did not know that Calgary office is slow. I told her just compare Ontario offices with 7-8 months to Calgary with more than 20 months for non-routine applications. If you compared RQ applications, things are worse. She has no clue about that. The worst thing is, after inquiring, she told me that Calgary will be down to only ONE JUDGE, with no replacement in the foreseeable future. She also told me that Calgary has a wave of new applicants, possibly due to the better economic situations here.

We need to talk to our MPs, and if possible to the press, and express our frustration about the difference between Calgary processing time and the rest of Canada, mainly Ontario.
Citizenship processing times are frustrating for those in line but politically are not a problem to 'Citizens' - infact the general populace like the tough approach by the Feds on immigration. Calgary just elected 4 Tory MPs....the Wildrose Alliance didn't get a sniff...none of the aspirants bothered with immigration as a platform. The first election salvo has been fired...re-arranging tax system so you can transfer credits to a spouse, doubling activity credits, increasing child benefit..the truth is that even new 'Citizens' do the math and find longer term value with the 'election goodies'. The Feds outflanked the opposition on immigration the day Bill C-24 was passed. By the way the Feds got their majority by wiping out the Liberals in Ontario - they got the votes from 'ethnic' areas of ON primarily the GTA which statistically have newer 'citizens'. For most it seems once you get to the oath and have your blue chipped passport to hand the 2-3 years you were in line start fading from the memory....

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
Citizenship processing times are frustrating for those in line but politically are not a problem to 'Citizens' - infact the general populace like the tough approach by the Feds on immigration. Calgary just elected 4 Tory MPs....the Wildrose Alliance didn't get a sniff...none of the aspirants bothered with immigration as a platform. The first election salvo has been fired...re-arranging tax system so you can transfer credits to a spouse, doubling activity credits, increasing child benefit..the truth is that even new 'Citizens' do the math and find longer term value with the 'election goodies'. The Feds outflanked the opposition on immigration the day Bill C-24 was passed. By the way the Feds got their majority by wiping out the Liberals in Ontario - they got the votes from 'ethnic' areas of ON primarily the GTA which statistically have newer 'citizens'. For most it seems once you get to the oath and have your blue chipped passport to hand the 2-3 years you were in line start fading from the memory....
Msafiri when do they do the background and clearance check? at the local office or Sidney? and now now is one process step how does it work? Lord i don't know how i will handle this citizenship process its really driving me crazy

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mimi23 said:
Msafiri when do they do the background and clearance check? at the local office or Sidney? and now now is one process step how does it work? Lord i don't know how i will handle this citizenship process its really driving me crazy
Never had a chance to go through automated voice system. My application was received June 23. I dont know if it's with Calgary now or not.

Maria Ash

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
I hope to see. Test coming our way now as the predicted time on the timeline table is passed as well any news from any member?