+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
unhappydude said:
Hello a.R ,

Some I have finally come to the end of my journey. Here is my timeline:
We received you application on May 22, 2013
We sent you a letter and a study book.... May 22, 2013
We started processing your app on August 13, 2013
I was invited to take the test on 27th Jan. 2015
Oath ceremony 6th of March 2015.
I must say that I am rather surprised that I received a letter for the oath ceremony just one week after the test date. Seems like Calgary office is finally getting their acts together.

What is the latest from your end a.r? Can someone pls update the spreadsheet with my dates . thanks
Congrats. CIC Calgary hold test and oath as per application received or application in process date. Therefore, it makes sense that you got the oath notification within a week of your test.

rataplan

Feb 9, 2015
Applied in March 2013. Received letter for exam Jan 2015. Took the exam late Jan. Test was a lot easier than anticipated.
Waiting for the ceremony letter now. :)

Calcan

Jan 1, 2014
Got the oath invitation for 13th March
Test was on 13th Jan
LOT March 2014
Applied Oct 2013
Family Application
All the best for other applicants

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Calcan said:
Got the oath invitation for 13th March
Test was on 13th Jan
LOT March 2014
Applied Oct 2013
Family Application
All the best for other applicants
Congrats. That's interesting that you called them last week and they had no info, yet people like wsm_al, found out about their oath invite before you with a date after yours.

Calcan

Jan 1, 2014
a.R. said:
Congrats. That's interesting that you called them last week and they had no info, yet people like wsm_al, found out about their oath invite before you with a date after yours.
Yes you are right. The same thing happened with me at the time of test invitation too, I called and agent said no date but I got the test invite just after 2 days.
Sometimes agent doesn't want to give details or may be they didn't like me voice :D

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Calcan said:
Yes you are right. The same thing happened with me at the time of test invitation too, I called and agent said no date but I got the test invite just after 2 days.
Sometimes agent doesn't want to give details or may be they didn't like me voice :D
So whats the date on the letter?

tdolphin

Jun 20, 2014
Baher_2014 said:
Check the spreadsheet for Calgary applicants

AlexRox LOT is April, 14th,2014
How do you know the LOT date?
Is it by phone or by ATIP or by ecas?
I have exact dates as yours: received January 30, in process March 18.
But nothing more than that shows on ecas.

Thanks.

AlexRox

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Hi Friends,
I am sorry if I am asking too many questions on passport stamps ;).

I have two Mexican stamps with the clear dates on them. However they don't say arrival or departure( atleast in English). Those are related to very shorts trips , less than 7 days.
I have traveled (about 7 trips) in the 3 years period as travelling is my hobby on short trips(home country and other places). Other than that, my case is straight forward considering work, etc.
I have my Canada border agency report handy as well.

Would you think I should translate those two stamps before the Test ?

Thanks

abcabc2020

Jan 15, 2015
CalgaryAB said:
Congts
my is on 20 March as well
But when i check cic (website) for the date 20 March is not even there
Calgary oath ceremony list is updated today on CIC website to include March ceremonies.

Baher_2014

Nov 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tdolphin said:
How do you know the LOT date?
Is it by phone or by ATIP or by ecas?
I have exact dates as yours: received January 30, in process March 18.
But nothing more than that shows on ecas.

Thanks.
tdolphin,

Call them and they will tell you the exact date that your file has been transferred to local office. Mine was April 8th 2014. I don't see anything on my ecas regarding the LOT as well. You can call them and ask if they have already sent you an invitation letter for test. Our test date should be the same.

Cheers

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
AlexRox said:
Hi Friends,
I am sorry if I am asking too many questions on passport stamps ;).

I have two Mexican stamps with the clear dates on them. However they don't say arrival or departure( atleast in English). Those are related to very shorts trips , less than 7 days.
I have traveled (about 7 trips) in the 3 years period as travelling is my hobby on short trips(home country and other places). Other than that, my case is straight forward considering work, etc.
I have my Canada border agency report handy as well.

Would you think I should translate those two stamps before the Test ?

Thanks
I have 3 Mexican stamps in my passport and I am not translating them for my test next week. You are right in saying that the Mexican stamps do not indicate entry or exit. The reason being that they stamp your passport only when you enter the country. There is no exit stamp. The immigration officers should know that. Hence no translation needed.

yesterday1234

Aug 26, 2014
rataplan said:
Applied in March 2013. Received letter for exam Jan 2015. Took the exam late Jan. Test was a lot easier than anticipated.
Waiting for the ceremony letter now. :)
HI GUY WICH OFFICE CIC THANKS ;D