+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

smalmal80

Nov 11, 2015
Finally my Citizenship journey is almost over . Got my oath in the mail . Oath gonna take place on April 8 th . Thanks to everyone in this forum . And wish the best for everyone with this exciting and long path . Cheers .

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
Will in the last week of March
smalmal80 said:
Finally my Citizenship journey is almost over . Got my oath in the mail . Oath gonna take place on April 8 th . Thanks to everyone in this forum . And wish the best for everyone with this exciting and long path . Cheers .
happy for u let's meet on oath day I am also taking on 8th of April .

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
smalmal80 said:
Thank you Zaig . i ll definetely see you there on April 8 th . And good luck for the rest who are dtill waiting .
finally folks i am canadian citizen now a new journey has begun now .concentrating on my studies . it was pleasant event took 2 hour for whole ceremony hop you all waiting will see this day soon ..

Reactions: Balboul

mani_01

Aug 15, 2015
hi Zag,
Congrats ! for becoming Canadian citizen. can you share on which location oath took place.
Regards!
mani

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
mani_01 said:
hi Zag,
Congrats ! for becoming Canadian citizen. can you share on which location oath took place.
Regards!
mani
. I took oath in calgary

Victory!

Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

As the process of permanent resident application was really quick (I applied in Feb, 2010 and got the final letter early of June, 2010), my Canadian citizen application process was also really quick.

My On-Line services wasn't updated yet.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 7, 2015.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 21, 2015 -> I didn't get this book.
3. We started processing your application on January 6, 2016.
4. We sent you a notice on January 22, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 10, 2016 at 9:00 AM. -> I got 18 out of 20 on the exam.

I believe that my status was changed to "Decision Made" on Feb 11 or 12.

I got the final mail either yesterday (Apr 13) or today (Apr 14 - I just checked it today), but the letter says they issued the letter on April 8, 2016.
My oath date is going to be on May 2.
By the way, I am a single applicant in Calgary.

Unfortunately I might miss the oath ceremony since I am planning to travel. I guess I need to contact CIC, and I will see what's going to happen.
Good luck to all of you.

darwaish

Jan 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any active applicants from Calgary?
Any ideas about avg. processing time nowdays?
Thanks

dipashah

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Interview........
-
Hi
Here my timeline. Still waiting DM status !!!

darwaish said:
Any active applicants from Calgary?
Any ideas about avg. processing time nowdays?
Thanks

shakeyy

Dec 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jfam2016 said:
Yes .. I sent my application August 30th. Waiting for my AOR..

Thanks.
lets keep this thread up and going.. :) I'm submitting my application next month. :)

yycPaul

Sep 29, 2016
JoeYYC said:
Eh!! don't be that optimistic, Calgary is a Conservative stronghold and they don't need to appease immigrants here. They are working hard elsewhere to appease immigrants, especially in Ontario, where immigrants' votes might mean majority gov/minority gov/ or kissing the office goodbye.
CIC reports to Federal government not to the City or Provincial govt. Conservative stronghold???...lol...Mayor is from a minority and Premier is from NDP.

:p