+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

Calgarygirl

Jun 10, 2015
alexdive said:
Thanks for sharing! I forgot to mention that my sister got her test invitation letter by mail. The letter confirms the oath ceremony will be performed right after the test if she passed. She passed the test and got oath done right away on the same day.
Does she live in the city or in the suburbs? I heard that if you live a little further out of the city, you get to do both on the same day to save you the trip. I wonder if that's true?

khebra

Dec 27, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is any one get test invitation recently ? please share with your timelines

Love-Calgary

Jan 23, 2015
This Thread is getting weeker and weeker day by day, no TESTS or OATHS, so sad to see calgary so slow, I hope all upto 2014 applicants get their Citizenship before the Federal elections.

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
Calgarygirl said:
Does she live in the city or in the suburbs? I heard that if you live a little further out of the city, you get to do both on the same day to save you the trip. I wonder if that's true?
She lives 2 blocks from the MP office

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, I took my Oath yesterday afternoon with 90 other new citizens. My test date was June 2. It took approximately 40 Minutes for the staff to confirm everyone's identity, check the invitation letter and collect the PR-Card. At the same time, we had to sign for our approval that pictures might be taken during the ceremony and that we are not involved in any criminal activities that would prevent us from becoming Canadian citizens.

The ceremony was formal from a procedure perspective but the dress code ranged from casual to very formal. After the clerk explained the procedure, the judge was guided in by the RCMP officer and he held an opening speech about our rights & duties as citizens and how important it would be to take part in the democratic process and getting involved in volunteer activities. I liked his words and he really seemed to enjoy the ceremony. After that we all took the oath in French and English (French was for sure difficult but they are handing out the papers with the English and French Oath, as they do for the anthem). They do check whether everyone actually says the Oath as this is mandatory to become citizen. After that, everybody got their certificate handed-over by the judge and he had a few nice words for everyone. This was by far the longest part of the ceremony. After that, we sang "Oh Canada" and the judge made some final remarks. Overall, it took approx. 90 minutes (incl. the initial document check) and was a very nice ceremony. The judge mentioned that we were 90 new citizens from 31 different countries.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
dbo73 said:
So, I took my Oath yesterday afternoon with 90 other new citizens. My test date was June 2. It took approximately 40 Minutes for the staff to confirm everyone's identity, check the invitation letter and collect the PR-Card. At the same time, we had to sign for our approval that pictures might be taken during the ceremony and that we are not involved in any criminal activities that would prevent us from becoming Canadian citizens.

The ceremony was formal from a procedure perspective but the dress code ranged from casual to very formal. After the clerk explained the procedure, the judge was guided in by the RCMP officer and he held an opening speech about our rights & duties as citizens and how important it would be to take part in the democratic process and getting involved in volunteer activities. I liked his words and he really seemed to enjoy the ceremony. After that we all took the oath in French and English (French was for sure difficult but they are handing out the papers with the English and French Oath, as they do for the anthem). They do check whether everyone actually says the Oath as this is mandatory to become citizen. After that, everybody got their certificate handed-over by the judge and he had a few nice words for everyone. This was by far the longest part of the ceremony. After that, we sang "Oh Canada" and the judge made some final remarks. Overall, it took approx. 90 minutes (incl. the initial document check) and was a very nice ceremony. The judge mentioned that we were 90 new citizens from 31 different countries.
Congrats! Did anybody from CIC Calgary shed a light on how delayed things are for Oaths?