+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Citizenship application is first sent to Federal processing which takes around 2 months and then transfer to the local office.

Alberta was under conservative rule for last 44 years. The anti-immigrant conservatives deliberately kept reduced CIC staff in Alberta to create lengthy processing times.
Ontario, being Liberals, have adequate staff for immigration which results in faster processing with less than a year processing time from submitting the application to getting your passport in your hands.

Not sure, what NDP policy is on immigration. You never know, they have won Alberta and can win federal as well.

mcdermota

Mar 3, 2010
Hi All

Calgary does seem to be speeding up for tests anyway. We send our application late Nov, transferred to Calgary office on Dec 31st and we just got our letter to do the test on July 31st. :)

freetorch99

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends,
We have finally received a letter of invitation to write the citizenship test. The letter tells us to bring with us the original documents we provided with our application. My questions are, do I need to bring also the original document of my minor child's and are they gonna ask us about my minor child's details in the interview? Thanks in advance.

sgimmy

Jun 12, 2014
freetorch99 said:
Dear friends,
We have finally received a letter of invitation to write the citizenship test. The letter tells us to bring with us the original documents we provided with our application. My questions are, do I need to bring also the original document of my minor child's and are they gonna ask us about my minor child's details in the interview? Thanks in advance.
did u find the test notification e-case online as well ?

omnisap

Star Member
Jan 4, 2012
Guys,

My ecas changed to oath letter sent and oath is on Aug 15,2015.

Applied : May 18,2014
Test : June 9,2015
Ecas changed to decision made: July 15, 2015
Oath letter sent : July 16,2015 but not yet recieved
Oath: Aug 15,2015

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
UOC said:
The Citizenship application is first sent to Federal processing which takes around 2 months and then transfer to the local office.

Alberta was under conservative rule for last 44 years. The anti-immigrant conservatives deliberately kept reduced CIC staff in Alberta to create lengthy processing times.
Ontario, being Liberals, have adequate staff for immigration which results in faster processing with less than a year processing time from submitting the application to getting your passport in your hands.

Not sure, what NDP policy is on immigration. You never know, they have won Alberta and can win federal as well.
UOC CIC offices are a federal government responsibility not provincial. The biggest reason that Ontario has such quick processing compared to Alberta is because the Liberals are in the process of destroying the Ontario economy which has caused a much greater % of immigrants to move to Alberta where the jobs are but the CIC resources haven't caught up.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
omnisap said:
Guys,

Finally some movements . Lets hope for more Oath calls in coming weeks

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omnisap said:
Guys,

your dates are similar to mine.

My ecas changed yesterday to oath letter sent on July 16th (not received yet though) and oath is on Aug 10,2015.

z_david_z

Jul 20, 2015
vnexpress said:
June test takers please report your oath if you receive it or see updates on ECAS. Lets keep this thread alive
New to the website. I took the test on Jun 29, family application delivered and received on Jun 23 2014. My account online never really have any updates since last year. Even the test date was not addressed. Waiting for the oath....

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeune said:
i passed the test today july 21 /2015 calgary office 20/20
my online status changed to decision made i saw it yesterday i did my test july 15

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
mimi23 said:
my online status changed to decision made i saw it yesterday i did my test july 15
DM should be understood as 'in queue for Oath'
Congrats

However Calgary is very slow in issuing Oath letters these days