+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

adi99

Star Member
Feb 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-03-2010
Med's Request
24-02-2010
Med's Done....
06-03-2010
Passport Req..
24-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
27-05-2010
hi ,

test cleared on March 31 now waiting for oath invitation.

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
friends,

How difficult/or easy is the Citizenship Test.
How to prepare for it. Are there sample
questions one can go through. please guide
who all have cleared the test.

thanks,
Godhelp

Baher_2014

Nov 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tdolphin said:
it was a very long queue but all went well. They asked for certified translation of non-English stamps.
No updates on ECAS till now. Still shows in process and nothing about the test invitation.
How did you do Baher_2014?
tdolphin,

The test was easy for me, I was the fifth or sixth in queue, however I had to stay in test room for about 45 minutes till they checked everyone's documents.
The test took me about 8 minutes even with one review on all questions (19/20 though)! I just couldn't answer the question about Thérèse Casgrain lol
I hope that we get oath invitation soon. For me still no update on ECAS as well.

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Question for family applicants with minor kids who have written the test:

Did you have to appear to write the test with included minors in your citizenship application? Test invite received was for me and my wife and no mention was made of our 2 kids aged 12 and 10 included in the application. I am aware minors don't have to write the test but do they have to appear to be seen by the interviewing CIC Officer?

Comments on specific experience welcome. Thanks for contributions.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
femzade said:

Did you have to appear to write the test with included minors in your citizenship application? Test invite received was for me and my wife and no mention was made of our 2 kids aged 12 and 10 included in the application. I am aware minors don't have to write the test but do they have to appear to be seen by the interviewing CIC Officer?

I do not have any personal experience ,however my neighbor who recently took their oath were not required to take their 8 years son (who was included in their application as a minor) to the test .

Hope it helps!

sunnyjupiter

Apr 4, 2015
femzade said:

Only 14 years old minors or older are invited to oath but without test

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunnyjupiter said:
Sunnijupiter,

Thanks for sharing that information. We are taking the test soon and one of our children is 16. She will come with us but wont be taking it.

All the best,

SFD

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hmm,

I wonder what is with JL, smrt and yesterday1234. They should have received their test invitation by now...

batman will be next!!! 8)

Then it will be MFCalgary and hopefully myself ;D

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dbo73 said:
Hmm,

I wonder what is with JL, smrt and yesterday1234. They should have received their test invitation by now...

batman will be next!!! 8)

Then it will be MFCalgary and hopefully myself ;D
I'm still waiting, hoping by end of this week or next week:):)

Paukman

Jan 13, 2009
sunnyjupiter said:
My kid (she's 8 ) was invited for the oath 2 weeks ago with a separate letter from the immigration. She didn't take the test of course.

Calgary-timeliner

Apr 8, 2015
Applied in March 2014, still waiting for a test invitation from CIC. October 2014 applicants from Ontario and Quebec have already taken oath and become citizen. According to CIC 50% of applications in 2014 were processed within a year and NOT in 24 months. But I doubt even one standard application from Alberta was amongst them. Why? Your thoughts??

Mar 27, 2015
Calgary-timeliner said:
Applied in March 2014, still waiting for a test invitation from CIC. October 2014 applicants from Ontario and Quebec have already taken oath and become citizen. According to CIC 50% of applications in 2014 were processed within a year and NOT in 24 months. But I doubt even one standard application from Alberta was amongst them. Why? Your thoughts??
No body knows for sure why.
Calgary office is so inconsistent as an example one of my family friend did his test along with his wife , both arrived from Saudi one week before test.. Imagine NO questions were asked regarding Saudi employment etc. No Translation of stamps etc. both passed the test now fly out on Friday will come back for oath. Good luck to Both.

On the other hand one of my friend was asked to get translated the stamp which was on his expired passport outside of three years period WOW