+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-SDS processing times 2023

mile80

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
hello friends, I want to share that my study permit was approved in August 31.
However, college starts the intake in september 1, and obviously they revoked my initial offer

mile80

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
@legalfalcon @Raptor33 The college offers me to change the program and start in May 2024 because my initial program would start again in sept 2024
My question is... can I travel to Canada in April 2024 with my current study permit ( which is until july 2023) and new LOA for spring 2024 intake?
and then extend my study permit ?
thanks for your answers

JJJJJC

Jul 21, 2023
hello friends, I want to share that my study permit was approved in August 31.
However, college starts the intake in september 1, and obviously they revoked my initial offer
Congratulation! You finally got your approval after 6 months!
I have the same concern here, I submitted in May, but I haven't got mine OPR yet.
My guess would be raising a webform after you get your LOA, and inform IRCC about the changes, and go along with the OPR process as they asked you.

Rick26

Oct 19, 2021
Hello, I received a refusal on August 14th and reapplied on August 23rd. Today, they asked for an updated letter of acceptance which states if and when I can have a deferred entry. I hope they process it on time

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, I received a refusal on August 14th and reapplied on August 23rd. Today, they asked for an updated letter of acceptance which states if and when I can have a deferred entry. I hope they process it on time
When is your last date to defer? You still need approval and passport stamping.

Rick26

Oct 19, 2021
When is your last date to defer? You still need approval and passport stamping.
Yeah I know! i honestly don't know why everything took so long and they waited till the last minute to give decisions. As of now, my latest date is oct 2nd, otherwise I have to wait till Sep 2024

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yeah I know! i honestly don't know why everything took so long and they waited till the last minute to give decisions. As of now, my latest date is oct 2nd, otherwise I have to wait till Sep 2024
But you reapplied on August 23 after a refusal. Processing is around 7 weeks. So IRCC is not waiting until the last minute, you applied late.

Rick26

Oct 19, 2021
I mean for the initial refusal.... Anw based on what I read on most people's experience on this very thread, I think many would agree that it was unusually late this time... And I had to get my bank statements etc ready for the new application, and my dad works abroad so I had to wait for him to get back to sign documents etc. There are things called "personal circumstances" fyi, which differ for everybody!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I mean for the initial refusal.... Anw based on what I read on most people's experience on this very thread, I think many would agree that it was unusually late this time... And I had to get my bank statements etc ready for the new application, and my dad works abroad so I had to wait for him to get back to sign documents etc. There are things called "personal circumstances" fyi, which differ for everybody!
So you received the refusal weeks before the start of term. If you applied around the first of June then you applied later. With your new application, it may take up to 7 weeks. So you may want to look at deferring unless you are confident you will pass all your classes and maintain full time status for this semester.

mrtravelok

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
Applied on 18th July 2023
Medical updated on 8th Aug
Eligibility & Background Check in process from 8th Aug

Sent a webform regarding delay on 6th Sep

08th Sep : Called IRCC on their telephone number to enquire about the delay. The agent informed me that she had forwarded the message to the concerned visa office.

Rick26

Oct 19, 2021
Hello, just a quick information. How long after Eligibility is "Completed" do they send final decision? I know it differs for many people but just to have a general idea. Thank you!

Edit: My last update was yesterday when they asked for an updated letter of acceptance. However based on exemption in R219(2).(a), I shouldn't even have to provide a LOA since my mother has a work permit and my sister a study permit. Is there any way I can raise this issue, or should I just let them process normally and then if something comes up raise it? Because my first application was refused because I didn't provide a LOA. I didn't even have the option to upload it because i answered "Yes" to "Do you have a family member who will receive status in Canada ..." in the questionnaire. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, just a quick information. How long after Eligibility is "Completed" do they send final decision? I know it differs for many people but just to have a general idea. Thank you!

Edit: My last update was yesterday when they asked for an updated letter of acceptance. However based on exemption in R219(2).(a), I shouldn't even have to provide a LOA since my mother has a work permit and my sister a study permit. Is there any way I can raise this issue, or should I just let them process normally and then if something comes up raise it? Because my first application was refused because I didn't provide a LOA. I didn't even have the option to upload it because i answered "Yes" to "Do you have a family member who will receive status in Canada ..." in the questionnaire. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
How old are you? How are you eligible for an exemption because you are not getting a study permit based on your mother’s work permit?

Rick26

Oct 19, 2021
How old are you? How are you eligible for an exemption because you are not getting a study permit based on your mother’s work permit?
I'm 20. I'm not saying I should automatically get a study permit. I just saw that there is an exemption which states: "A letter of acceptance isn't required if, the application for a work or study permit of the family member of a foreign national is approved in writing before the foreign national enters Canada. This exemption does not guarantee the approval of a study permit application.". I'm just asking, in that case, it doesn't make sense to ask for an updated LOA, since technically I'm exempt from even providing the original LOA, right? Or did I get it wrong?

Sep 11, 2023
I applied in July15 and had my biometrics 28th of that same month and till date I haven’t received or heard anything... my question how long does is processing time for study permit from Nigeria