+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-SDS processing times 2023

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Oh, no! :( @Izaz! I am so sorry to hear that! This is an unpleasant experience, for sure! However, please, take it from a person who has been through refusal herself, don't give up! I hope you have ordered your GCMS Notes already by now and I hope you are going to get them within 60 days. They are vital, absolutely crucial, for you to understand the real reason behind the refusal. Once you get the reason, start building your second application from the ground up, addressing all concerns in the GCMS Notes. If you need any help whatsoever, please, don't hesitate to PM me or ask question here! Good luck to you! :)

I Got refusal on 11 of June۔ Reason "I'm not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay۔۔۔۔۔۔۔

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Yes, exactly that! And now, in the GCMS Notes, you have to see the details of why the immigration officer is concerned about the program you're applying to @Izaz

so your refusal reason is PURPOSE OF YOUR VISIT which means that officer is not convinced that you are comming into Canada for studying. The application you submitted and how you supported it was not enough to show you are actually comming to study in Canada.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @Benyamin777! This is exceptionally long, how is it going with your application now?

Hello, more than 6 months waiting for a study permit is normal? Is there anyone with the same situation as me who got a visa? Or even rejected?

Application Submitted: 5th Dec 2022
Biometrics Completed: 8th Dec 2022
BVL received on: 31 Jan January 2023.
Medical Request : doesn't need.

IRCC tracker
Eligibility: Completed -- updated on 20th april.
Biometrics: Completed -- updated on 20th april.
Background: In Progress -- updated on 20th april.
I have a guest update on tracker on 14 June.

on my cicgc panel i can see

Latest update:
Final decision - January 31, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reactions: Sehlile

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Many many congratulations @MPH.UOFA! :D You've made it! What a wonderful news!

Guys !!! finally after exact 3 months of wait, i have finally received my PPR, below is my timeline:

Application Submitted: 19th April 2023
Biometrics Completed: 24th April 2023
Medical Request from IRCC: 8th May 2023
Medical Passed: 19th May 2023
BVL: 18th July 2023
PPR: 19th July 2023

Visa Office: Abu Dhabi

berndzhang

Jun 27, 2023
hi Parrot! Congratulations on your realized aim. You are probably ready to fly to Canada. Could you just share the exact timeline of your failed first application? I would just like to calculate the probability of success for my study permit application. I applied from China on June 1st, biometrics completed on June 8th, medical passed and the eligibility review was started on July 25.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @berndzhang! Have a look at both of our timelines in my signature ;)

hi Parrot! Congratulations on your realized aim. You are probably ready to fly to Canada. Could you just share the exact timeline of your failed first application? I would just like to calculate the probability of success for my study permit application. I applied from China on June 1st, biometrics completed on June 8th, medical passed and the eligibility review was started on July 25.

v07431

Jul 15, 2023
More than 19 weeks of waiting. Raised a couple of webforms, sent emails to embassies, and even sent an email to MP and got a response that application is in progress with Criminality and Medical Approved and Eligibility not started. I got only 3 week's deadline to get a decision after that I have to defer.

• Sad
Reactions: parrots

berndzhang

Jun 27, 2023
More than 19 weeks of waiting. Raised a couple of webforms, sent emails to embassies, and even sent an email to MP and got a response that application is in progress with Criminality and Medical Approved and Eligibility not started. I got only 3 week's deadline to get a decision after that I have to defer.
where did you apply from? 19 weeks are definitely a very long processing time. But since your background checking is completed, medical was passed, review of your eligibility should have been started. Anyway I think you will get your ppr before deadline.

v07431

Jul 15, 2023
where did you apply from? 19 weeks are definitely a very long processing time. But since your background checking is completed, medical was passed, review of your eligibility should have been started. Anyway I think you will get your ppr before deadline.
I am residing in Russia. Warsaw is processing my application I believe, they didn't reply to my email although the Moscow embassy did

v07431

Jul 15, 2023
Background verification is completed only according to MP. Neither in GCKey nor in Application tracker it says completed. It is still in progress.

response from MP assistant 3 days ago:

Thank you for your email request for a status update on your study permit application submission. . After speaking with an IRCC Agent, they have provided the following information below.

Application Status: In-Progress
Eligibility: Not Started
Criminality: Approved
Medical: Approved(Valid until June of 2024)

Continue to check your online dashboard and email for further updates concerning your application status. For further updates concerning your application status, please continue to contact your Client Services Agent by phone or online via the web form. If you have any additional information to provide for your application, please send all information to them via the webform.

berndzhang

Jun 27, 2023
Background verification is completed only according to MP. Neither in GCKey nor in Application tracker it says completed. It is still in progress.

response from MP assistant 3 days ago:
I think you can trust the MP. The GCkey and Tracker do not always reflect the real situation of one's application. I am actually in the same situation as you. I have waited for two months and I am required by the school to have the study permit by mid August.

m4r4cwz

Star Member
May 9, 2023
I think you can trust the MP. The GCkey and Tracker do not always reflect the real situation of one's application. I am actually in the same situation as you. I have waited for two months and I am required by the school to have the study permit by mid August.

I would say that you can never trust the portals, unfortunately. Some people receive approval or refusal and the portals still say that it hasn't even started and is only updated later.