+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-SDS processing times 2023

rohangopalan

Star Member
Dec 26, 2020
Hi everyone

My spouse for whom I applied for OWP, got a BVL yesterday. However, the final decision is not there. In the status box it says,

Latest update:
Final decision - July 10, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

What does this mean?

m4r4cwz

Star Member
May 9, 2023
Hi everyone

My spouse for whom I applied for OWP, got a BVL yesterday. However, the final decision is not there. In the status box it says,

Latest update:
Final decision - July 10, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

What does this mean?
probably the visa was aproved. Can you check the tracker?

rohangopalan

Star Member
Dec 26, 2020
probably the visa was aproved. Can you check the tracker?
Yes - the tracker has it
My husband and daughter's information is updated on the application tracker. Both of them have received a visitor visa and open work permit respectively for only one year (As per the application tracker) My course is two years long and I am not able to assess the validity of my study permit since the application tracker is not updated and the PPR letter does not mention it.

1. Is this an error on the application status tracker? If yes, what should I do?
  2. If this is the case, why have they got a one year permit? (Again, my application status tracker is not updated and I am not sure about the validity of my study permit)

m4r4cwz

Star Member
May 9, 2023
Yes - the tracker has it
My husband and daughter's information is updated on the application tracker. Both of them have received a visitor visa and open work permit respectively for only one year (As per the application tracker) My course is two years long and I am not able to assess the validity of my study permit since the application tracker is not updated and the PPR letter does not mention it.

1. Is this an error on the application status tracker? If yes, what should I do?
  2. If this is the case, why have they got a one year permit? (Again, my application status tracker is not updated and I am not sure about the validity of my study permit)
I think that the tracker has 2 or3 days of delay, but your visa probably is valid for all study program.

m4r4cwz

Star Member
May 9, 2023
From Brazil - Sao Paulo
NON-SDS

Date Received: March 17
Biometrics: April 10
Background check: April 10
Medical results: June 12, 2023 You passed the medical exam (Additional tests requested)
Review of eligibility: June 16, 2023

Final Decision:
June 16, 2023 - Refused

New application
Date Received
: June 22, 2023
Biometrics: Don´t need
Background check: We are processing your background check
Medical results: June 30, 2023 You passed the medical exam.
Review of eligibility: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. - upgrade today

berndzhang

Jun 27, 2023
Non-SDS application from China

Timeline:
Upfront medical: May 17, 2023
Submission Confirmation - June 2
Biometrics Collection Letter - June 2

Review of eligibility: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes..
Biometrics: June 8, 2023 Completed.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Latest update: June 9th, 2023

Reactions: m4r4cwz

m4r4cwz

Star Member
May 9, 2023
Non-SDS application from China

Timeline:
Upfront medical: May 17, 2023
Submission Confirmation - June 2
Biometrics Collection Letter - June 2

Medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes..
Biometrics: June 8, 2023 Completed.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Latest update: June 9th, 2023
Your upfront medical doesn't have upgrade on tracker?

katty2870

Jun 28, 2023
Hey everyone,
Timeline
Date Received May 4, 2023
Biometrics May 17, 2023
Review of eligibility: May 17, 2023
Background check: May 17, 2023
Medical results: Not Need
Additional documents: June 20, 2023. Sent in a scholarship acceptance letter.

BVL: July 12, 2023 at 4:17
Now my application says Final decision - July 12, 2023: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
I'm so nervous now.

m4r4cwz

Star Member
May 9, 2023
On the IRCC webform page, it states that " We will not respond to your enquiry if the application is within normal processing times. " Currently the processing time for application submitted outside of Canada is 6 weeks. Do you suggest I wait for a week to raise a webform?
I had a problem with my medical exam and I sent a webform (Sao Paulo Office). They answered in the same day (3 days after I applied for study visa)

berndzhang

Jun 27, 2023
I had a problem with my medical exam and I sent a webform (Sao Paulo Office). They answered in the same day (3 days after I applied for study visa)
Great, then it indicates we can ignore the time frame set by IRCC when sending messages through a webform.

Mic187

May 19, 2023
My timeline:
April 28 - lodged
May 3-Biometrics completed
May 4-Medical passed
June 30-Review of eligibility in progress from not started
July 6-BVL and PPR

Silent Reader to this thread. I just want to share the timeline for those who are waiting for their RE, I think it's a new trend now. Hope for the best to all of you.

rajuy1

Jan 2, 2019
Nepal
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Delhi
Hello Guys, I'm really worried. I submitted my passport on July 4 and got my POE on July 11. After that there has been no counterfoil update, neither have i received any message regarding dispatch of passport. In my GCkey portal, the visa status says "Approved". But it's been more than 4-5 days still no counterfoil update. Anyone who has any knowledge regarding this, please reply.