+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-SDS processing times 2023

goldy17venky

Oct 16, 2022
@Meeseeks even my experience is similar. Tracker lags GC key.
Medical got updated in GC Key on 13/April and on Tracker on 19/April.
PPR got updated on GC Key on 01/May and on Tracker on 02/May.
However, tracker shows Eligibility and Background Completed, while GC key still shows in Progress. However, GC Key mentions that your application is approved.

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
However, tracker shows Eligibility and Background Completed, while GC key still shows in Progress. However, GC Key mentions that your application is approved.
and you do get PPR email or is it also just ghost update on GC key?

Meeseeks

May 2, 2023
so that further enforces our theory. Also, did you get any email update when background check or eligibility check were completed ?

rajuy1

Jan 2, 2019
Nepal
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Delhi
Hello, I'm a non-sds applicant from Nepal for PG (Fall intake)
Lodge date : April 2
Biometric: April 5
Medical Updated : April
It's been more than a month but the review haven't started yet. I'm very anxious right now. Can anybody tell me when can i expect it to go into review or receive decision on my application?

Last edited:

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Yes, this is the letter we're all waiting for! Any updates on GCKey and Tracker are not accompanied by any emails. The only email that we receive is the one inviting us to check our GCKey account to find there an attached letter with the decision ;)

and you do get PPR email or is it also just ghost update on GC key?

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @rajuy1! As per IRCC website, the current processing time for SP applications is 7 weeks. That is very vague and approximate, though. It may well take twice as longer than that.

Hello, I'm a non-sds applicant from Nepal for PG (Fall intake)
Lodge date : April 2
Biometric: April 5
Medical Updated : April
It's been more than a month but the review haven't started yet. I'm very anxious right now. Can anybody tell me when can i expect it to go into review or receive decision on my application?

Reactions: rajuy1

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
Yes, this is the letter we're all waiting for! Any updates on GCKey and Tracker are not accompanied by any emails. The only email that we receive is the one inviting us to check our GCKey account to find there an attached letter with the decision ;)
LOL! yes.
I don't know about others but my application is under secondary clearances I don't know what that even means. any ideas? someone experienced such thing?

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Em, this is the first time I hear about such a thing. Where do you see that your application is under the secondary clearance? Found your inquiry in "Stuck in Secondary Clearance" thread and can't find any more information other than that :confused:

LOL! yes.
I don't know about others but my application is under secondary clearances I don't know what that even means. any ideas? someone experienced such thing?

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
Em, this is the first time I hear about such a thing. Where do you see that your application is under the secondary clearance? Found your inquiry in "Stuck in Secondary Clearance" thread and can't find any more information other than that :confused:
The VO sent me an email with this status in March. afterwards they aren't replying on any emails or webforms.

Reactions: parrots

Raman Kalsiya

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
App. Filed.......
04-12-2023
Doc's Request.
23-06-23
Hey @rajuy1! As per IRCC website, the current processing time for SP applications is 7 weeks. That is very vague and approximate, though. It may well take twice as longer than that.

My sister applied for study permit on March 8, 2023 from outside Canada. She has been traveling to Canada since 2017. Last time she was here was September 2022. Now she's at her 8 week mark, and her friends (who have never been outside their country before) applied after March 8, have already gotten PPR and submitted their passport. She however, is still waiting. Even though our travel history has been immaculate as we have travelled across the world. Last update was medical updated on March 27, 2023. BG shows in progress, and eligibility shows not started. Biometrics already passed. And nothing since then. She's coming in September 2023. Funny thing is you can't even call them to ask from outside Canada, which makes no sense. Already submitted a webform, but we all know how responsive they are over there.

• Sad
Reactions: parrots and rajuy1

qazi_elma

Apr 29, 2021
Folks received my Original Passport Request for September 2023 intake

VFS Office: BANGALORE
Application type: Non SDS

Timeline: (year: 2023, time_zone: IST)
APR 12 - Online Application &
APR 13 - Biometrics Enrollment
APR 18 - Biometrics status updated to: Completed
MAY 01 - Medical Passed (I completed the medical earlier in MAR 18)
MAY 01 - Background check status updated to: We are processing...
MAY 04 - Review of Eligibility status updated to: We are reviewing...
MAY 05 - Original Passport Request

Reactions: Lolan and parrots