+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-SDS processing times 2023

saad.mehmood

Star Member
May 21, 2023
Hello sorry to rudely interrupt your conversation. But I have been reading, you said your son has BVL. Does he have visa number on his tracker?
Hi Latifa, nothing rude about it. This is a forum for open discussion.
No Visa number as the BVL was received on 19th May 2023 and last update on tracker is from 16th May 2023.
Does the visa number has to be there?

Latifa Annie

Feb 21, 2023
Hi Latifa, nothing rude about it. This is a forum for open discussion.
No Visa number as the BVL was received on 19th May 2023 and last update on tracker is from 16th May 2023.
Does the visa number has to be there?
Oh okay. Thanks for understanding lol. It’s will soon be updated then. It’s normally updates atleast 48 hours on working days.

your son has done his medicals?

saad.mehmood

Star Member
May 21, 2023
Oh okay. Thanks for understanding lol. It’s will soon be updated then. It’s normally updates atleast 48 hours on working days.

I see. Yes, he has done with the medical and has passed the medical. BVL arrived 4 days after passing the medical exam.

Latifa Annie

Feb 21, 2023
Thanks so much for words of encouragement :) I am also hoping to receive his PPR soon but I got a bit concerned when we only received BVL and not PPR along with it.
It’s a very normal thing IRCC is doing now. Idk why but so many of us have BVL with no ppr. That’s the new 2023 thread. So don’t worry nothing for you to be worried at all

saad.mehmood

Star Member
May 21, 2023
It’s a very normal thing IRCC is doing now. Idk why but so many of us have BVL with no ppr. That’s the new 2023 thread. So don’t worry nothing for you to be worried at all
Thanks so much again for the words of encouragement. I saw in some posts some people claiming that visa can be rejected after medical. I kinda find this claim strange as why would IRCC asked for the medical if they have not reached to a stage where they are considering to grant you a visa and they just want to check if you are admissible to Canada in terms of your health.

If you don't mind me asking, does your application in tracking still shows background check in progress?

Latifa Annie

Feb 21, 2023
Thanks so much again for the words of encouragement. I saw in some posts some people claiming that visa can be rejected after medical. I kinda find this claim strange as why would IRCC asked for the medical if they have not reached to a stage where they are considering to grant you a visa and they just want to check if you are admissible to Canada in terms of your health.

If you don't mind me asking, does your application in tracking still shows background check in progress?
Yeah I’ve read about that too which I find strange as well. I’ve rarely seen it happening.
I’ve not gotten my visa yet. I didn’t need medicals. So I got my BVL on 31st march 6 days after my application and there’s been total silence since. My tracker just changed from not started to completed for biometric and eligibility .
Background verification has been in progress since 31st March

Latifa Annie

Feb 21, 2023

But I’ve seen a lot of people get visa documents and it’s would still say background verification is in progress so I think it’s a it of a glitch from their side

Reactions: parrots

saad.mehmood

Star Member
May 21, 2023
But I’ve seen a lot of people get visa documents and it’s would still say background verification is in progress so I think it’s a it of a glitch from their side
I think so too as for my Visit Visa the IRCC Portal (I didn't use tracker for my visit visa) continued to show in process even when my application got approved and it only showed completed once my Visa was stamped on my passport and completion date was the date when biometric was completed (back dated).

Reactions: Latifa Annie

Latifa Annie

Feb 21, 2023
I think so too as for my Visit Visa the IRCC Portal (I didn't use tracker for my visit visa) continued to show in process even when my application got approved and it only showed completed once my Visa was stamped on my passport and completion date was the date when biometric was completed (back dated).
Yeahh you’re exactly right. I’ve seen people say it’s only got completed after visa stamping

Jul 11, 2019
Hey guys! My sister applied in December 2022 and here are the following updates:-
Biometrics:- Done (Already holds a visitor visa so it's valid)
Medical Exam:- Not required
Additional documents:- Received on April 18
Background check:- Under process
Review of eligibility:- Under process

My concern is that it has taken more than six months and no decision has been made. This has exceeded the processing time from the country that she is applying from and is getting her worried. I already applied for her GCMS notes, but that's going to take a couple of weeks for it to come.

Anyone who has been in a similar situation?

• Sad
Reactions: parrots

saad.mehmood

Star Member
May 21, 2023

Latifa as you said, after 48 hours the Visa number, study permit number and expiry date has been updated in the tracker. The background check has also been updated to completed as well. No change in the IRCC portal though and no PPR yet.

There is also activity update in the tracker dated 19th May stating "Read the message carefully and take appropriate action as necessary" however on 19th I only received BVL and not the PPR and such message is usually for PPR. Anyways, I am hoping to receive PPR soon.

Last edited:

Latifa Annie

Feb 21, 2023
O
Latifa as you said, after 48 hours the Visa number, study permit number and expiry date has been updated in the tracker. The background check has also been updated to completed as well. No change in the IRCC portal though and no PPR yet.

There is also activity update in the tracker dated 19th May stating "Read the message carefully and take appropriate action as necessary" however on 19th I only received BVL and not the PPR and such message is usually for PPR. Anyways, I am hoping to receive PPR soon.
Oh congratulations. Happy for your son. Where is his visa office?? Is it Abu Dhabi?