+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-sds, India (Medical request timeline)

Cataflor

Oct 30, 2020
Hi,
Could anyone share the timeline of receiving the medical request from the officers after submitting the application under Non-sds category nowadays from India.
Is it advisable to take medical test prior to getting the request from the officer. Kindly guide me with your expertise.
Thanks

Reactions: Ritz@BrockU

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
Hey,

I am not sure about your application timeline but my sister submitted her Non-SDS category application on Aug 4 ,2020 for Sept 2020 University program and till date there has been 0 update.
I don't want to discourage but honestly we have no idea what is going on with her Non-SDS application. I have submitted 2 webforms but no reply yet. :(

Cataflor

Oct 30, 2020
Hey,

I am not sure about your application timeline but my sister submitted her Non-SDS category application on Aug 4 ,2020 for Sept 2020 University program and till date there has been 0 update.
I don't want to discourage but honestly we have no idea what is going on with her Non-SDS application. I have submitted 2 webforms but no reply yet. :(
Thanks for sharing ur experience. Did she do any prior medical to reduce processing time. Do you have any idea on whether medical test could be taken before receiving the request.

Naresh_PlantSci

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
Hi,
Could anyone share the timeline of receiving the medical request from the officers after submitting the application under Non-sds category nowadays from India.
Is it advisable to take medical test prior to getting the request from the officer. Kindly guide me with your expertise.
Thanks
Hey, I applied under non-sds category on October 17, 2020. I received my medical request on December 9, 2020 following my biometrics submission on December 8, 2020. To answer your question on taking medical exam before IRCC's request, no, you are not supposed to take your medical exam unless there is a request from IRCC. This applies when you have submitted your application already without medicals. If you submitted application already, you will receive instructions from IRCC for medical examination. Once you get your request, you need to get an appointment from the panel physician near by your location or city, and take a copy of your medical request letter sent to you by IRCC and do your medical exams. After your medicals are done, the panel physician will send your report to IRCC by themselves.

Cataflor

Oct 30, 2020
Hey, I applied under non-sds category on October 17, 2020. I received my medical request on December 9, 2020 following my biometrics submission on December 8, 2020. To answer your question on taking medical exam before IRCC's request, no, you are not supposed to take your medical exam unless there is a request from IRCC. This applies when you have submitted your application already without medicals. If you submitted application already, you will receive instructions from IRCC for medical examination. Once you get your request, you need to get an appointment from the panel physician near by your location or city, and take a copy of your medical request letter sent to you by IRCC and do your medical exams. After your medicals are done, the panel physician will send your report to IRCC by themselves.
Thanks for sharing the information.
Will wait for the request. May I know,
Did u receive any update on ur visa process after that.

Naresh_PlantSci

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
Thanks for sharing the information.
Will wait for the request. May I know,
Did u receive any update on ur visa process after that.
I didn't see major update though, but I noticed my eligibility status started to show as "we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" the moment after the medical update.

Cataflor

Oct 30, 2020
Hi, Generally how long it is taking for Non-sds applicants to get medical request after giving Biometric nowadays. Could anyone share your current timeline.
Thanks

Naresh_PlantSci

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
Hi, Generally how long it is taking for Non-sds applicants to get medical request after giving Biometric nowadays. Could anyone share your current timeline.
Thanks
In my case, I got my medical request within 24 hours of submission of my biometrics. I applied on October 17, 2020, December 8 was biometrics and December 9 was medical request. Medical passed on December 21st, 2020 and eligibility review started the same day the medical passed.

Cataflor

Oct 30, 2020
In my case, I got my medical request within 24 hours of submission of my biometrics. I applied on October 17, 2020, December 8 was biometrics and December 9 was medical request. Medical passed on December 21st, 2020 and eligibility review started the same day the medical passed.
Could you tell me where you applied from. I haven't received my medical request even after 3days. Is it normal to get request after few days. Please guide with your expertise.

Naresh_PlantSci

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
Could you tell me where you applied from. I haven't received my medical request even after 3days. Is it normal to get request after few days. Please guide with your expertise.
I applied from India. To be honest, I had no idea about when should receive medical request. But, it was surprising when I got the medical request the moment I submitted the biometrics. I think it depends on the visa officer who is working on your application. Many say that a medical request would generally be asked when the officer starts reading your application file documents. Having said that, it just my assumption and I think it varies from application to application. Just try to wait for a while and submit a webform asking this. I have also found that non-SDS or regular application gets decision more faster than the SDS category.

Cataflor

Oct 30, 2020
Hi,
Did anyone applied for study permit in December under non-sds, if so could you pls share your timeline on medical request.
I have applied in the mid of December, I didn't get my medical request yet. Could anyone share your experience.

Jul 19, 2021
Dear Friends,
I had submitted visa application on 24th June without medicals due to non opening of medicals centres in India. Due to non submission of medicals my application was submitted under Non-SDS category even though I paid my First year tuition fee & GIC Fee. I completed my bio metrics on 15th July and the same was updated in visa application file. However, i haven't received any Medical Request yet, without IME, Medicals are not being carried out due to which i couldn't complete my Visa Process. I have to join the Univeristy for Fall intake (September-2021).

Under the above circumstances, what best can i expect, when i will be able to receive medicals request.

Jul 19, 2021
Dear Friends,
I had submitted visa application on 24th june 2021 without medicals due to non opening of medicals centres in India. Due to non submission of medicals my application was submitted under Non-SDS category even though I paid my First year tuition fee & GIC Fee. I completed my bio metrics on 15th July and the same was updated in visa application file. However, i haven't received any Medical Request yet, without IME, Medicals are not being carried out due to which i couldn't complete my Visa Process. I have to join the Univeristy for Fall intake (September-2021).

Under the above circumstances, what best can i expect, when i will be able to receive medicals request.

Reactions: RumezaJ

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
Dear Friends,
I had submitted visa application on 24th june 2021 without medicals due to non opening of medicals centres in India. Due to non submission of medicals my application was submitted under Non-SDS category even though I paid my First year tuition fee & GIC Fee. I completed my bio metrics on 15th July and the same was updated in visa application file. However, i haven't received any Medical Request yet, without IME, Medicals are not being carried out due to which i couldn't complete my Visa Process. I have to join the Univeristy for Fall intake (September-2021).

I am in the same situation, though i applied from USA
Applied : June 18
Bio done and updated: June 21
Background check straight away with biometrics
eligibility review started July 3
No medical request yet