+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NON-ROUTINE APPLICANTS

Dec 4, 2020
No I didn't. But will start by reaching out to my MP first. Don't really have much hope in this step but will do it anyway.
ATIP is your best source to understand what really is happening. MP will collect your information, send it to CIC as your representative and get back a few weeks later with a note saying "your application is being processed, thanks for your patience". Lol.
Whichever route you go, I hope your application moves fast. Good luck.

SShehata

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Hello everyone, I just received an email from CIC Vancouver office requesting fingerprint for my son!
When I applied for citizenship my son was 13 years old, is that possible to request fingerprint for minor? Also, our office is Scarborough how come the application is now in Vancouver??

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello everyone, I just received an email from CIC Vancouver office requesting fingerprint for my son!
When I applied for citizenship my son was 13 years old, is that possible to request fingerprint for minor? Also, our office is Scarborough how come the application is now in Vancouver??
It is possible for a minor to get FP request in some cases.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/grant/minors.html#s02

Clearances
  • Minors must not be prohibited under 22 of the Act and must not be the subject of a declaration by the Governor-in-Council made under section 20 of the Act.
  • Permanent resident status is verified for all minor applicants and that status must have been maintained and there must be no unfulfilled conditions under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act related to their permanent resident status.
  • Criminal and security clearances are generally not requested for minors under 16, although an official may request such clearances, if adverse information is received.
  • Criminal and security clearances are required for minors 16 years of age and older.
  • Local offices must verify minor children clearances in situations where they are close to 15 and a half years of age. This is to be prepared to request their criminal and security clearance and have results in time in order to avoid delays in the process.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Fingerprints were coming these days from Vancouver so that is nothing to worry about.

Reactions: novascotia27

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Well, IMO, you can if you've been waiting for a long long time AND IRCC hasn't provided you with any information as to why there is no movement AND you've contacted your MP and the information that they provided also doesn't state the reason for the delay (a reason other than "We are waiting on clearance").

We are entering into the legal realm now so you should discuss this with an experienced immigration lawyer and see if this is a viable option for you.

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020
Well, IMO, you can if you've been waiting for a long long time AND IRCC hasn't provided you with any information as to why there is no movement AND you've contacted your MP and the information that they provided also doesn't state the reason for the delay (a reason other than "We are waiting on clearance").

We are entering into the legal realm now so you should discuss this with an experienced immigration lawyer and see if this is a viable option for you.
Thank you.

I have one more question , I sent an urgent request related to my health situation I included with medical report from my doctor they recived it in June 26th 2021 in June 28th they updated the citizenship status tracker.

Is that a good sign they accept the urgent case ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you.

I have one more question , I sent an urgent request related to my health situation I included with medical report from my doctor they recived it in June 26th 2021 in June 28th they updated the citizenship status tracker.

Is that a good sign they accept the urgent case ?
I wouldn't know but if you saw an update on the status dashboard after you sent in a request for urgent processing, we can't discount the possibility of your urgent processing requested being accepted.

So, fingers crossed and hope your application moves forward quickly now. You've been waiting for quite some time now.

All the very best!

Reactions: bluesami

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016