+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NON-IT background - need to study IT

MMA15

Jan 22, 2023
I require assistance I've studied a BA in English and have been working in supply chain for the past 8 years. I would like to make a shift to IT, what options are available for me, what courses can i opt for, i'm 30 plus will i get a student visa? Can you guide me to unis where i can do a diploma or masters, where it is ideally cheap?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I require assistance I've studied a BA in English and have been working in supply chain for the past 8 years. I would like to make a shift to IT, what options are available for me, what courses can i opt for, i'm 30 plus will i get a student visa? Can you guide me to unis where i can do a diploma or masters, where it is ideally cheap?
Cheap in Canada and good programs? Only in your dreams. Either be prepared to dish out your cash or go to a poor school (low chance of acceptance)

D

Deleted member 1083629

The biggest problem is that there is nothing in your profile that says IT. BA in English would be fine, if you would get a job as a coder afterwards. There are bunch of colleges that would accept you as long as you pay. The problem is the visa part. You will get rejected because your move just doesn't make sense.