np31

Jul 2, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07/08/2018
Hi,

I am applying for PR visa. I got the immigration medical check up done. I had a TB history, was under medication from January 2016-July 2016. The reports were clear when we stopped the medication.
I did not disclose this history during my medical check up.
Does anyone have any idea about the possible consequences?

Reactions: ryanaugustine12

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Why would you do that considering they will do a TB test which will be positive? You're also going to have to do a chest x-ray. If the MD knows you previously had TB it would explain some changes in your lungs. Won't likely hurt you in the end but now the doctor will wonder what else you are hiding.

np31

Jul 2, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07/08/2018
I don't know what i was thinking when i replied No to the medical history question. But the TB test won't be positive for sure. Is my application likely to get rejected when they see changes/scars in the lungs?

anon10

Nov 27, 2018
I don't know what i was thinking when i replied No to the medical history question. But the TB test won't be positive for sure. Is my application likely to get rejected when they see changes/scars in the lungs?
Hi, np31 were there any issues with your medicals?

np31

Jul 2, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07/08/2018
hi!
No issues but i had to get a second medical done after 3 months from the 1st.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
TB tests turn positive if you have TB antibodies so if you have had TB or exposure to TB. Just for extra information. There no point in lying. If you have had TB or any form of lung disease anticipate a sputum culture and 3 month follow-up for culture results and repeat x-ray which is exactly what happened in this case.

Jul 10, 2018
Hi,

I am applying for PR visa. I got the immigration medical check up done. I had a TB history, was under medication from January 2016-July 2016. The reports were clear when we stopped the medication.
I did not disclose this history during my medical check up.
Does anyone have any idea about the possible consequences?
I just did the same thing thinking that the TB that was cured 7years ago would not show up. But I just read online that it will always show up. And it's called latent (non-active or dormant) TB. The X-ray guy called me and asked me again if I ever underwent TB treatment and I was and said no again in fear of rejection. Should I call them and tell them?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I just did the same thing thinking that the TB that was cured 7years ago would not show up. But I just read online that it will always show up. And it's called latent (non-active or dormant) TB. The X-ray guy called me and asked me again if I ever underwent TB treatment and I was and said no again in fear of rejection. Should I call them and tell them?
Why would you lie? It isn't a reason for refusal.

Yes, you need to tell the truth.

Ricky.singh.525

Dec 17, 2020
Why would you lie? It isn't a reason for refusal.

Yes, you need to tell the truth.
Hlo How much is my friend is going to waste for additional tests. My Friend gave medical on 4 NOV and then on 18 nov 2020. He received mail about scars in lung and he needs additional test. 2 months for spectum report and then a X ray again. Is there anything more after that X ray??? or 2nd Xray is final step???

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hlo How much is my friend is going to waste for additional tests. My Friend gave medical on 4 NOV and then on 18 nov 2020. He received mail about scars in lung and he needs additional test. 2 months for spectum report and then a X ray again. Is there anything more after that X ray??? or 2nd Xray is final step???
It is not a waste. Canada is very concerned about people bringing TB into Canada. Your friend will need to do a sputum culture and repeat his chest x-ray after around 3 months so the doctor can compare it to the first one to see if the x-ray remains the same or looks better. This a very common test request if there is any irregularities on your chest x-ray.

Reactions: Ricky.singh.525

Ricky.singh.525

Dec 17, 2020
It is not a waste. Canada is very concerned about people bringing TB into Canada. Your friend will need to do a sputum culture and repeat his chest x-ray after around 3 months so the doctor can compare it to the first one to see if the x-ray remains the same or looks better. This a very common test request if there is any irregularities on your chest x-ray.
oh ok and if the x ray remains same? Then it is good or not? because my friend didnt have active TB. it is just old tb scars.