App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Interview........
2019-10-21
LANDED..........
2019-10-21
If I qualify for CEC via 12 months of full-time Canadian experience, how is my foreign experience looked at for extra points?

I have tried using online calculators to work out points. It asks how many years of skilled foreign full-time experience I have.

I understand to be eligible for the Federal Skilled Worker pathway you require a minimum 1 of year continuous full-time or equivalent employment. Does this also apply to any work experience you add to your CEC application? I have a few different jobs with different NOC codes that run for a few months at a time and all together, my skilled employment accumulates to over 3 years, but not continuous, in the same role or with the same employer. Is this experience applicable when answering "how many years of skilled foreign experience do you have?"

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
If I qualify for CEC via 12 months of full-time Canadian experience, how is my foreign experience looked at for extra points?

I have tried using online calculators to work out points. It asks how many years of skilled foreign full-time experience I have.

I understand to be eligible for the Federal Skilled Worker pathway you require a minimum 1 of year continuous full-time or equivalent employment. Does this also apply to any work experience you add to your CEC application? I have a few different jobs with different NOC codes that run for a few months at a time and all together, my skilled employment accumulates to over 3 years, but not continuous, in the same role or with the same employer. Is this experience applicable when answering "how many years of skilled foreign experience do you have?"
Yes, you can use it. The "continuous" requirement is only for FSW eligibility. Since you are eligible under CEC, don't worry about it.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-application-management-system.html

This is how foreign work experience is defined in the ministerial instructions, so you can see that "continuous" experience is not part of the definition -

"Foreign work experience
(1) For the purposes of sections 23 and 24, foreign work experience is work experience that

• (a) is acquired by a foreign national outside Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
  • (b) consists of full-time work experience, or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience, with one or more employers;
  • (c) is acquired within the 10-year period preceding the day on which points are assigned to the foreign national under section 23 or subsection 24(1); and
  • (d) is remunerated by the payment of wages or a commission."

Reactions: mertovali