+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non Accompanying Spouse

Atif Ben

Mar 12, 2017
Guys I need help, I feel endless hurdles and a big disappointment.

I was delighted to receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) in the latest draw, along with Ontario's nomination. However, an unexpected challenge has arisen: my wife has expressed reluctance to accompany me to Canada and has withdrawn from our plans. (Me and Spouse both are in Pakistan)

As a result, I must decline the ITA and change her status from accompanying to non-accompanying. Unfortunately, my wife is currently unwilling to complete the necessary steps for this transition, including obtaining a police character certificate, undergoing a medical examination, and providing her educational documents.

It's worth noting that my wife's lack of participation in language testing or credential assessment did not contribute to my Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score. In my Express Entry (EE) profile, I simply stated that she is my spouse and holds a bachelor's degree.

Given this situation, I'm unsure about the best course of action. Should I decline the ITA and update my EE profile with an explanation in the letter of explanation? I appreciate any advice you can offer. Also please note that in my OINP application, I mentioned that my wife would be accompanying me there. Thank you.

Last edited:

Atif Ben

Mar 12, 2017
I am re-asking my query,

We are newly married couple. Although previously agreed but currently my wife is not willing to go to Canada.

I have received ITA and she is an accompanying spouse. She is not willing to give her PCC, degree or medical.

Kindly let me know what options do I have.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Guys I need help, I feel endless hurdles and a big disappointment.

I was delighted to receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) in the latest draw, along with Ontario's nomination. However, an unexpected challenge has arisen: my wife has expressed reluctance to accompany me to Canada and has withdrawn from our plans. (Me and Spouse both are in Pakistan)

As a result, I must decline the ITA and change her status from accompanying to non-accompanying. Unfortunately, my wife is currently unwilling to complete the necessary steps for this transition, including obtaining a police character certificate, undergoing a medical examination, and providing her educational documents.

It's worth noting that my wife's lack of participation in language testing or credential assessment did not contribute to my Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score. In my Express Entry (EE) profile, I simply stated that she is my spouse and holds a bachelor's degree.

Given this situation, I'm unsure about the best course of action. Should I decline the ITA and update my EE profile with an explanation in the letter of explanation? I appreciate any advice you can offer. Also please note that in my OINP application, I mentioned that my wife would be accompanying me there. Thank you.
Since you are married, she needs to complete the medical and provide PCCs in order for your application to be approved. It doesn't matter if she is accompanying or non-accompanying, she must still complete the medical and provide PCCs.

Atif Ben

Mar 12, 2017
Thank you for your response Scylla, I want to know if I should write to IRCC email and ask them If I can explain in the letter of explanation that my spouse is not willing to support in providing PCC and Medical. I do not want to reject the ITA.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thank you for your response Scylla, I want to know if I should write to IRCC email and ask them If I can explain in the letter of explanation that my spouse is not willing to support in providing PCC and Medical. I do not want to reject the ITA.
I don't think it will help unless you are legally separated from your wife.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It is mandatory that your spouse complete the medical and provide PCCs.