+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non Accompanying Spouse

Jan 6, 2018
Hi all,

My details are Age-28, IELTS-CLB9, Post Graduate Diploma and 3+ years of experience. I am getting 471 points on CRS calculator. If I get married in future add my spouse without ECA and IELTS, we get 444 points.

I have a girlfriend and as you may be aware of the fact that in India before one gets married they have to have the consent of their families. Now the consent thing is in process. It will take at least 7-8 more months for us to get married. Then after marriage, it will take further 5-6 months for Express entry processing. That is at least one more year for my PR. But my first priority is to immigrate to Canada and I am also aware that if I opt as a single now then in future its going to be very difficult, costly and lengthy procedure to sponsor my wife.

To avoid this situation, I am thinking of getting married in a court without the information of anyone in our families. Then process my file as married. My wife would not be accompanying me initially but she will later accompany me when we are married with the consent of our families.

Please guide me, if it is possible to do this. Keeping in mind that our marriage is only known to two of us.

Regards
Deepanshu Vashist

krishme007

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
AOR Received.
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2017
Without commenting on your personal matters, I can just tell you this - There is no problem as you only need to show your marriage certificate to prove your marriage. Get that and follow it up with IELTS and ECA for your partner.

The downside is, if you wish to part ways with your partner owing to family trouble before actual marriage, you are still married with respect to CIC files and later if you want to change such information or sponsor anyone else you need a divorce certificate for the court marriage which was first presented to CIC.

Its your call. If you are sure of marriage, proceed. If you are sensing issues, sort it first before creating the profile.

Reactions: Deepanshu Vashist
Jan 6, 2018
First of all thanks for your time and reply.

Secondly, does she have to accompany me when I land in Canada for the first time? Also keeping in mind her hassle-free landing in Canada a year later.

I am taking these steps keeping in mind the time it would take me to sponsor her when we are married later. I have researched that sponsoring the spouse, later on, will take at least 12 months. Additionally, if she does come to Canada on a tourist visa, she can't work or study, and won't have public health insurance. Also, she can only stay there for 6 months.

Nian427

Star Member
May 14, 2015
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-09-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018

Secondly, does she have to accompany me when I land in Canada for the first time? Also keeping in mind her hassle-free landing in Canada a year later.

I am taking these steps keeping in mind the time it would take me to sponsor her when we are married later. I have researched that sponsoring the spouse, later on, will take at least 12 months. Additionally, if she does come to Canada on a tourist visa, she can't work or study, and won't have public health insurance. Also, she can only stay there for 6 months.
If you choose to apply as a married couple, she will need to provide her PCCs and medical report. Generally when the PR is issued, you and your spouse are provided a date by which you have to report to Canada for the first time, failing which, your PR will be cancelled. The date provided is generally 1 year from your medical examination date. So she will have to land in Canada (even if it's for a few hours) before that date, finish the landing formalities to maintain her PR status.
As far as what you wrote about sponsoring your wife at a later date is concerned, I think the information you provided is right. Experts here will be able to assist.
All the best

krishme007

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
AOR Received.
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2017

No need. Either she can accompany or land after you have landed, but within the expiry of visa (which is 1 year from the day of your Medical test)

Jan 6, 2018
Thanks Nian and Krishme for your help. For now, my doubts are completely cleared.

Now I will be concentration on the 1 year from the day of my Medical test. Any idea ideally how much time will it take from my medical test to me getting in Canada?

krishme007

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
AOR Received.
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2017
Thanks Nian and Krishme for your help. For now, my doubts are completely cleared.

Now I will be concentration on the 1 year from the day of my Medical test. Any idea ideally how much time will it take from my medical test to me getting in Canada?
If you want to get the maximum time, then I would advise you to get the medicals done on the week you are about to submit your application(this is post ITA). You can delay it till you are ready with rest of the documents.
However, once you submit, it depends on CIC to process your application. I have seen people getting PPR request within a month and also people who are waiting for more than 6 months and yet to receive the PPR mail. This is variable (depends on completeness of your application and also on CIC officer who is handling your case)
Once you get PPR, its about 10-30 days for you to submit passport and get it back with visa and COPR. No matter when you get this visa, the validity will be for 1 year from the day you got your medical test done.

Docmustakeem

Jan 6, 2018
Hello all.my crs is 469 and my spouse a d dependant child are not accompanying....we are not on talking terms and shall go for divorce.but the proceudure might take some time due to families involved..my question how can i bypass steps like POLICE CLEARANCE CERTI,MEDICALS ....OF THE SPOUSE AS THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE..I HAVENT CREATED MY PROFILE FOR THIS REASON...IS DIVORCE CERTI MANDATORY TO START THE PROCESS....ARE THERE ANY OTHER WAYS TO CREATE THE PROFILE NOW GIVEN THE PRESENT SCENARIO..KINDLY REPLY ...IT IS VERY URGENT

krishme007

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
AOR Received.
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2017
Hello all.my crs is 469 and my spouse a d dependant child are not accompanying....we are not on talking terms and shall go for divorce.but the proceudure might take some time due to families involved..my question how can i bypass steps like POLICE CLEARANCE CERTI,MEDICALS ....OF THE SPOUSE AS THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE..I HAVENT CREATED MY PROFILE FOR THIS REASON...IS DIVORCE CERTI MANDATORY TO START THE PROCESS....ARE THERE ANY OTHER WAYS TO CREATE THE PROFILE NOW GIVEN THE PRESENT SCENARIO..KINDLY REPLY ...IT IS VERY URGENT
Would advise you to wait till the divorce is complete and then proceed with the profile creation. Then, you can declare truthfully without any hassles.

Jan 6, 2018
Hi Krishme, I got the following message yesterday,

bestofluck, Yesterday at 4:50 PM
what I suggest is that you should get PR as unmarried. then get married after the COPR and before the landing. Both of you will get PR. After COPR you can easily get married with consent because then you have a status of PR of Canada and things should go well and parents will also give consent.
So the process should be

apply as unmarried
After you get PPR..........get married and inform CIC about change
They will ask you send back the PPR and ask you to submit the documents of your wife
They will again send PPR for both of you.

I think its best suitable for me to do my procedure this way.

Regards
Deepanshu Vashist

Bukenzy

Mar 14, 2018
Hi,
I need urgent help please
I just got an ITa and did get Ontario nomination as well.

My profile says married but unaccompanied spouse.

On the application form I have to state why?

And I am currently in a fix as partner refused to apply for police certificates and he’s willing to take the medical because he’s going to have a check up.

We are not in good terms as else are separated but not legally through court.

Kindly advise how best to fill my PR form. As this is my opportunity to a fresh start to life.