+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non accompanying spouse-Quebec

Sid76

Oct 6, 2018
Request any of you to help me for my situation.My spouse and son got PR for Quebec and have to leave before Mar19.They were selected under qsw program.Since I was not eligible Iam a non accompanying spouse.Will I get a temporary residence visa as I have to go alongwith them for getting settled primarily.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not necessarily you filed as non-accompanying so there are consequences to that. Are you from a visa-exempt country?

Sid76

Oct 6, 2018
Not necessarily you filed as non-accompanying so there are consequences to that. Are you from a visa-exempt country?
No.Iam from India.I was told by by my consultant that I can move there post my wife getting her PR card and she can apply for me under spousal sponsorship.But I cannot leave them alone as I have to look for their housing, her job, etc.I am confused since we thought that we all would go together only.But how do I convince the visa officer about my entry to Canada and subsequent stay.I didn't understand regarding the consequence as mentioned by you since my name was mentioned in her application form as non accompanying and I too had undergone medical tests.my name is appearing in her COPR as non accompanying.Where is the issue.Kindly help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No.Iam from India.I was told by by my consultant that I can move there post my wife getting her PR card and she can apply for me under spousal sponsorship.But I cannot leave them alone as I have to look for their housing, her job, etc.I am confused since we thought that we all would go together only.But how do I convince the visa officer about my entry to Canada and subsequent stay.I didn't understand regarding the consequence as mentioned by you since my name was mentioned in her application form as non accompanying and I too had undergone medical tests.my name is appearing in her COPR as non accompanying.Where is the issue.Kindly help.
Do you have a TRV? If not it will be difficult to get one because CIC will suspect you want to remain in Canada and file for inland sponsorship. That means you are not a true visitor so that's why you wouldn't qualify for a temporary visa (TRV).

Sid76

Oct 6, 2018
Do you have a TRV? If not it will be difficult to get one because CIC will suspect you want to remain in Canada and file for inland sponsorship. That means you are not a true visitor so that's why you wouldn't qualify for a temporary visa (TRV).
If that is the case what is the solution.My wife and son( whose age is little over a year )have to go there before the deadline.I agree that the vis a officer will suspect.but how can we stay apart as our ultimate goal is to have a good life staying together

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If that is the case what is the solution.My wife and son( whose age is little over a year )have to go there before the deadline.I agree that the vis a officer will suspect.but how can we stay apart as our ultimate goal is to have a good life staying together
You shouldn't have applied as non-accompanying if you wanted to arrive together. You'll have to apply and see if you get a TRV. Otherwise your wife has to sponsor you while she is in Canada and you may be separated for approximately a year.

Sid76

Oct 6, 2018
You shouldn't have applied as non-accompanying if you wanted to arrive together. You'll have to apply and see if you get a TRV. Otherwise your wife has to sponsor you while she is in Canada and you may be separated for approximately a year.
Thank you.So you mean to say that I cannot accompany them and stay for a while taking care of the initial necessities as they would be requiring my help in finding out a rented house, completion of formalities like PR card, health insurance, helping out my spouse in her search for job,etc.These are pretty common.Why the visa officer cannot consider as these are practical and basic things.Considering the Government focus on family reunification which had gained popularity now than ever before will it still be a problem.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You are the one who chose to apply as non-accompanying. In Canada women are able to find their own accommodations, jobs, etc. so that is not really an excuse. You can try and get a TRV or you can resubmit your application and say you would like to accompany your spouse. Your points will be recalculated. I assume that is why you selected non-accompanying in the first place.

Sid76

Oct 6, 2018
You are the one who chose to apply as non-accompanying. In Canada women are able to find their own accommodations, jobs, etc. so that is not really an excuse. You can try and get a TRV or you can resubmit your application and say you would like to accompany your spouse. Your points will be recalculated. I assume that is why you selected non-accompanying in the first place.
Thank you.Yeah.Since initially we both were there and as our son was during the course of the processing he was added later.But when we had initially applied I was told that I am not qualified even as a dependent due to non attainment of the requisite points.Is it possible for a reassessment of my eligibility since I behave grown by another four year since the date of our original application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not sure what you points were you can calculate it based on the information from you and your wife but likely you brought down her score and that's why the consultant listed you as non-accompanying. Your wife's score could have decreased if you applied 4 years ago and need to be reassessed. 4 years to get acceptance is extremely long. Why did it take so long?

Sid76

Oct 6, 2018
Not sure what you points were you can calculate it based on the information from you and your wife but likely you brought down her score and that's why the consultant listed you as non-accompanying. Your wife's score could have decreased if you applied 4 years ago and need to be reassessed. 4 years to get acceptance is extremely long. Why did it take so long?
It was a natural process only as we had applied for Quebec and there was a stipulation of getting points on account of attending at least A1/A level French language exam for getting points , IELTS etc. After getting all these the processing time took a toll and later it got delayed by another 4-6 months on account of our sons birth.Overall it took close to four years and she got a PR in Jun18

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The point is that you have known all along that you are non-accompanying so this shouldn't be a surprise to you that your wife and son likely have to leave without you.